The design of Tennis Villa is graceful and alluring. Completed in 1995, the one-story custom design is child friendly, spacious and comfortable. Only a few St. John villas combine this much space and privacy with such easy access to so many activities and amenities. Tennis Villa consists of a 3 bedroom/3 bath main house plus a 1 bedroom/1 bath detached pool house. The main house contains a truly gourmet kitchen plus the living and dining areas, while the pool house overlooks the all weather surface tennis court. The arched doorways of the living area of the great house flow into a large garden courtyard that encircles a 43- foot pool. The south-facing courtyard gets all day sun and affords privacy and sunset views. A charming guest cottage, (Tennis Cottage), is located behind Tennis Villa in a concealed setting that insures that both Tennis Villa and Tennis Cottage are private and hidden from each others view. The 3- bedroom/3 bath Cottage has its own 40’ pool, kitchen and living room, a private driveway and south facing, scenic views of Chocolate Hole Harbor. Tennis Cottage can be rented with Tennis Villa as a 7 bedroom estate, or each villa can be rented separately.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 8
- Bed Description: 4 Kings, converts to 8 Twins
- Bathrooms: 4
- Property Location: Great Cruz Bay (harbor)
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: n/a
- Year Property Complete: 1995
- Beach: Westin Beach
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 43 x 11 x 4-5 ft deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: It's a 5 minute drive to the shops, restaurants and grocery stores in Cruz Bay or you are a 5-7 minute walk to the restaurants at the Westin Resort.
- Living Dining: The very spacious and comfortable living room contains 3 large arched doorways that are framed by stately columns and beautiful native stonework. Sliding glass screened doors recess into wall pockets and extend the living room onto the expansive garden patio and pool area. The arched doors open to gentle breezes and scenic harbor views and combine with cathedral ceilings and tropical furniture to create a relaxing summertime setting. A 56 inch flat screen TV and DVD, stereo with CD and cassette, wireless internet and a regulation pool table are included. The large table in the dining area seats 8-10 and there are breakfast and lunch tables on the pool deck that seat 4-6.
- Kitchen: This fabulous kitchen is definitely a gourmet's delight. It is very well equipped and includes a 6 burner Wolf gas range with griddle and hood, standard and convection ovens plus a microwave oven, 3 white ceramic double sinks, 2 refrigerator freezers, toaster, blender and complete cookware, china and glassware. A washer/dryer is located off the kitchen and a gas barbecue grill is on the patio. There is plenty of room for multiple chefs, and this spacious kitchen will easily handle a large group.
- Bedroom Details: The four air conditioned bedrooms, (1 king, plus 3 kings that convert to 6 twins) and the four adjoining baths are comparable in size and furnishings. In order to insure sound and visual privacy there are no common walls between the bedrooms. Each bedroom has a flat screen cable TV and blue ray DVD player and there is abundant closet space, tasteful furnishings and an attached tiled bath. Three bedrooms (north, south and west bedrooms) are located in the main house while the fourth bedroom is housed in the pool house.
Tennis Villa is located in Great Cruz Bay in a very convenient and appealing setting. It’s an exceptional spot that enjoys excellent privacy and peace and quiet, and yet it’s a 3-4 minute walk to a white sand beach with swimming and boating in calm Caribbean waters at the Westin Resort. For dining options, it’s an easy walk to a beach side restaurant/bar under swaying palms at the Westin or it’s a 5 minute drive to the restaurants in Cruz Bay.
Tennis Villa sits on a large lot on the peninsula that separates Great Cruz Bay Harbor from Chocolate Hole Harbor, with picturesque views of both harbors. Both Great Cruz Bay and Chocolate Hole Harbor are well-established and desirable neighborhoods that consist of expensive residential villas.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$5495/wk for 2 * $5740/wk for 3 * $5985/wk for 4 * $6230/wk for 5 * $6475/wk for 6
(Main house only for 2-6 people) $6720/wk for 7 * $6965/wk for 8
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2450/wk for 2 * $2695/wk for 3 * $2940/wk for 4 * $3185/wk for 5 * $3430/wk for 6
(Main house only for 2 -6 people) $3675/wk for 7 * $3920/wk for 8
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Tennis Villa offers an excellent villa amenities and activities package. This is one of the only rental villas on St. John that includes a private tennis court, and the in-house amenities also include a 43 foot pool, a/c in all bedrooms and a regulation pool table overlooking Great Cruz Bay. Even without its excellent amenities, Tennis Villa would rank as a very appealing villa in an upscale location, for you are an easy walk to boating activities, a white sand beach with a beach bar, restaurants and a spa. With its superb combination of spaciousness and amenities, Tennis Villa earns a rating as a very enjoyable vacation home, especially for tennis players. This house has something for everybody; it's a genuine crowd pleaser and is ideal for families and couples.
Tennis Villa can be rented alone as a 4 bedroom or it can be rented with Tennis Cottage as a 7 bedroom estate.
- Guest Comments:
- Our stay at Tennis Villa was absolutely wonderful. We all had a great time and don't think we could have selected a better location! Thank you!
- The Tennis Villa recommendation to us was perfect. It fit our needs. It was beautiful. A quick drive to the store and Cruz Bay. The facility was kept nicely and all the bedrooms were a great size. So glad we chose this villa!
- We want to tell you what a wonderful time we had at Tennis Villa during Thanksgiving week. The place was fantastic and a good time was had by all! Thank you!
- Our trip was GREAT! Tennis Villa was even better than pictured and the guidance and help from your staff was amazing--they made everything easy and smooth. If we were to return to St.John we would definitely stay at Tennis Villa.