- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Surfside enjoys a quiet and scenic location in the Reef Bay area, where it is one of the closest villas to the beach. A 3 - 5 minute walk on a nature path leads you to one of St. John's most secluded National Park beaches. If you hike along the beach to the head of the harbor you can connect with the Reef Bay Trail and other National Park maintained hiking trails. The owner of Surfside is continually upgrading the property to ensure that guests enjoy the perfect Caribbean experience, and recent improvements include a new cook’s kitchen, new bath fixtures and an oceanfront deck off the living room. Other notable features include:
- A 14' x 20' pool and a romantic hot tub,
- A/C in all three bedrooms,
- A peaceful setting on a dead end road along the southern edge of the National Park,
- Refreshing ocean breezes, all day sun, and the soothing background music of waves breaking on the beach
With its romantic location Surfside is a charming hideaway for honeymooners and lovers. This is also an excellent villa for families with beach loving kids, and for nature lovers.
- Guest Comments:
- What a treat! The views are stunning from all 3 porches. The seclusion and privacy of the pool and hot tub were so romantic. The hike to the beach was beautiful and we were often the only ones out there. The outside spaces of the property make this house so special. We stayed in the upstairs bedroom for the best view out to the ocean. This home is well suited for up to 6 people. It was also stocked with games, novels, bird books, binoculars, ice chest, beach chairs and towels, plenty of kitchen gadgets and dishes, nice bath towels, washer and dryer, pool floats. The sounds of the ocean and birds were so relaxing to listen to at night. We were fortunate to be there at full moon and the reflections on the water at night were beautiful. The pool got full sun most of the day so was a nice temperature for swimming into the evening. We enjoyed having a separate table on the lower level in the shade for when the sun was out. My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here but I hope to come back and bring my college age kids soon.
- The most relaxing spot on earth! Surfside is private, spacious, comfortable and fully equipped -- just pack your bathing suit and a towel and let the ocean breezes and the sun work their magic. We enjoyed the fabulous views of Reef Bay, the amazing night skys, the gorgeous beach, poolside visits by iguanas and bananaquits and long, lazy days exploring St. John. This is a great place to refresh and renew your spirit.
- Absolute best vacation ever. The house is in a quiet, secluded area with a great view of the ocean. The facilities are well-maintained and had everything we needed for our one week stay. The photos do not actually show how nice the home really is. The drive to and from town was easy once we did it a couple of times. The restaurants and shops in Cruz Bay were fun, but we would have been just as happy to have stocked up at the grocery store and cooked at the house every night. The beach below the house is great for exploring. The pool has a great view of the ocean, as do most of the rooms in the house. We really enjoyed our time here and would not hesitate to recommend this house to anyone.
- We had a wonderful trip to st John and look forward to returning next year. The view and accomodations were outstanding. Thank you!
- We had a great time and Surfside was the perfect house for us! We loved the location and the villa itself. Thank you!
- Surfside was great! We loved being so close to the Reef Bay trail. Thank you!
- Thank you so much!!! Our trip was amazing and if/when we come back we will certainly use you to rent a house. Everything went perfectly and (although I forgot his name) our greeter was very helpful and informative with everything we needed. Thanks again.