Surfside is a charming 3-level villa offering attractive Mediterranean design features such as beautiful stone walls, antique brick patios and a French terra cotta tiled roof. It is built on a sloping hillside and uses three floors to create an atmosphere of privacy and comfort for up to six persons. The living, dining and kitchen areas, plus a south facing sun deck and an en suite bedroom and bath are located on the main (entrance) level. Interior stairs lead to the second bedroom and bath on the upper level. Exterior stairs lead down to the pool, sun deck and hot tub, plus the third bedroom and bath is on this lower level.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 3
- Bed Description: 2 Kings, 1 Queen
- Bathrooms: 3
- Property Location: Reef Bay
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: 2600 sq ft
- Year Property Complete: 2002
- Beach: Reef Bay
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 21 x 12 x 4 - 5ft deep
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: It's a 15-18 minute drive to the shops, restaurants and grocery stores in Cruz Bay.
- Living Dining: The cathedral ceilings, rose tiled floors and rattan furniture create a tropical atmosphere in the intimate living area. A stereo/cassette/CD player, cable color HDTV, VCR and a DVD player supply the electronic entertainment. Surfside offers two dining locations, both with romantic ocean views. The interior teak dining table seats 6 comfortably, as does the beautiful, outdoor teak dining table located on the oceanfront deck.
- Kitchen: The cook's kitchen features brand new marble countertops, a farm sink and professional stainless steel appliances, including a four burner dual-fuel stove, refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and all cooking and dining accessories. A gas barbeque is located on the patio and the washer and dryer are located on the lower level.
- Bedroom Details: All three bedrooms are similar in size and furnishings and all offer good privacy, air conditioning and great ocean views. The bedroom on the main level (queen bed) has French doors that open to a small deck. The upper bedroom (king) also has a small deck with lovely views. The lower level bedroom (king bed) is off the pool deck. Each bedroom has an attractive adjoining tiled bath and shower.
Surfside enjoys a pristine location on the very edge of the undeveloped National Park lands at Reef Bay. The tranquilizing and unspoiled views from Surfside include the turquoise seas and the jade green forests of the south shore National Park. It’s an easy walk on a private path to the often-deserted white sand beach that offers snorkeling, swimming and beach combing. There are only 5 homes on this hard-to-find road to the beach, and this contributes to a very peaceful and quiet location that is blessed with great natural beauty. Despite its end of the world feel, Surfside is only a four mile drive from the restaurants and nightlife of Cruz Bay. Reef Bay remains a wonderful and still secret location that tourists rarely discover.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 10% - September 3-Oct. 15, 2017
- Save 10% - Dec. 16-28! Christmas Availability!
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$3955/wk for 2 people * $4130/wk for 3 $4305/wk for 4 * $4480/wk for 5 * $4655/wk for 6
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2310/wk for 2 people * $2485/wk for 3 * $2660/wk for 4 * $2835/wk for 5 * $3010/wk for 6
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Surfside enjoys a quiet and scenic location in the Reef Bay area, where it is one of the closest villas to the beach. A 3 - 5 minute walk on a nature path leads you to one of St. John's most secluded National Park beaches. If you hike along the beach to the head of the harbor you can connect with the Reef Bay Trail and other National Park maintained hiking trails. The owner of Surfside is continually upgrading the property to ensure that guests enjoy the perfect Caribbean experience, and recent improvements include a new cook’s kitchen, new bath fixtures and an oceanfront deck off the living room. Other notable features include:
- A 14' x 20' pool and a romantic hot tub,
- A/C in all three bedrooms,
- A peaceful setting on a dead end road along the southern edge of the National Park,
- Refreshing ocean breezes, all day sun, and the soothing background music of waves breaking on the beach,
an attractive interior décor and scenic views,
With its romantic location Surfside is a charming hideaway for honeymooners and lovers. This is also an excellent villa for families with beach loving kids, and for nature lovers. Surfside is a neighbor of Second Wind and in combination these 2 villas could accommodate up to 12 people.
- Guest Comments:
- What a treat! The views are stunning from all 3 porches. The seclusion and privacy of the pool and hot tub were so romantic. The hike to the beach was beautiful and we were often the only ones out there. The outside spaces of the property make this house so special. We stayed in the upstairs bedroom for the best view out to the ocean. This home is well suited for up to 6 people. It was also stocked with games, novels, bird books, binoculars, ice chest, beach chairs and towels, plenty of kitchen gadgets and dishes, nice bath towels, washer and dryer, pool floats. The sounds of the ocean and birds were so relaxing to listen to at night. We were fortunate to be there at full moon and the reflections on the water at night were beautiful. The pool got full sun most of the day so was a nice temperature for swimming into the evening. We enjoyed having a separate table on the lower level in the shade for when the sun was out. My husband and I celebrated our wedding anniversary here but I hope to come back and bring my college age kids soon.
- The most relaxing spot on earth! Surfside is private, spacious, comfortable and fully equipped -- just pack your bathing suit and a towel and let the ocean breezes and the sun work their magic. We enjoyed the fabulous views of Reef Bay, the amazing night skys, the gorgeous beach, poolside visits by iguanas and bananaquits and long, lazy days exploring St. John. This is a great place to refresh and renew your spirit.
- Absolute best vacation ever. The house is in a quiet, secluded area with a great view of the ocean. The facilities are well-maintained and had everything we needed for our one week stay. The photos do not actually show how nice the home really is. The drive to and from town was easy once we did it a couple of times. The restaurants and shops in Cruz Bay were fun, but we would have been just as happy to have stocked up at the grocery store and cooked at the house every night. The beach below the house is great for exploring. The pool has a great view of the ocean, as do most of the rooms in the house. We really enjoyed our time here and would not hesitate to recommend this house to anyone.
- We had a wonderful trip to st John and look forward to returning next year. The view and accomodations were outstanding. Thank you!
- We had a great time and Surfside was the perfect house for us! We loved the location and the villa itself. Thank you!
- Surfside was great! We loved being so close to the Reef Bay trail. Thank you!
- Thank you so much!!! Our trip was amazing and if/when we come back we will certainly use you to rent a house. Everything went perfectly and (although I forgot his name) our greeter was very helpful and informative with everything we needed. Thanks again.