Sunset Beach is a spacious design, consisting of 3 buildings, is built on 2-levels with the kitchen, living and dining areas, two bedrooms and the hot tub on the upper level, while the pool, wet bar, sundeck and two more bedrooms are on the lower level. The two upper level bedrooms are located in separate buildings (cabanas) off the kitchen of the Great House. The third bedroom is in the lower level of the Great House, off the pool deck, while the fourth bedroom is below the cabana bedrooms. Both lower level bedrooms are accessed by an exterior staircase and an exterior walkway. A covered porch extends the entire length of the villa on the upper level, and the pool and sundeck provide a second large area for outdoor relaxation on the lower level. The third and best recreational area is the big blue saltwater pool (the Caribbean Sea), just off your pool deck.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 6
- Bed Description: 2 Queens, 4 Twins convert to Kings
- Bathrooms: 4
- Property Location: Devers Bay
- Proximity: Beachfront
- Property Size: N/A
- Year Property Complete: 1998
- Beach: Yes- Devers Bay
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 40 x 12 x 4 ft deep
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $50 non-refundable damage waiver
- Distance To Town: 8 minute drive to the shops, restaurants and grocery stores in Cruz Bay
- Living And Dining: The luxurious living room is furnished exclusively with beautiful mahogany antique reproductions from the Virgin Islands Heritage Series of the Whim Museum. The furnishings are complimented by a white beamed cathedral ceiling, rose colored Toscania tiled floors and original artwork by artists Joan Michlin and Skip Ennis. Screened sliding glass doors open to a deck overlooking the turquoise waters. Entertainment is provided by a tv/dvd and a Bose Stereo System with CD and MP3 hookup. The formal dining table is solid mahogany by Lexington and seats 8 on mahogany Queen Ann matching chairs. There is also a dining table seating 6 on the upper deck.
- Kitchen: The fully equipped kitchen is custom built and includes solid mahogany cabinets, a gas range, dishwasher, microwave oven, refrigerator/freezer, coffeemaker, toaster oven, blender, crisper and telephone. A washer/dryer and pool side wet bar with ice-maker and small refrigerator is located on the lower level.
- Bedroom Details: All four bedrooms are of equal size and although each is furnished in a different style all are a lovely display of romantic elegance. Bedroom 1 is upstairs and contains an antique reproduction 4 poster bed (queen) from the Whim Museum. A mahogany armoire, antique trunk and nightstands complete this rich decor. Bedroom 2 (also upstairs) has 2 twins beds (convert to a king)a wrought iron bench and antique bedstands imported from India and an armoire from the Deer Isle collection of Lexington. Both upper baths have garden showers with hand made tile from Italy and ocean views. The third bedroom (queen) is downstairs and is furnished with a bedroom set from the Country Cottage Collection by Lexington and has a private tiled bath. Bedroom 4 has been newly completed and has been furnished in a similar style as the other 3 bedrooms. This bedroom has 2 twin beds (which can be converted to a king), along with its own private tiled bath. From the bed or the deck of all the bedrooms, you look out to a gorgeous view of a sapphire sea and wake to the sounds of surf breaking on the beach outside your bedroom door.
Sunset Beach enjoys a very lovely setting on the beach at Devers Bay. As of 2005, there were only 4 other villas on the beach at this exquisite little cove. Devers Bay is located on the south side of the peninsula that separates Chocolate Hole from Hart Bay. A dead end road takes you to Devers, so this peaceful location experiences very little (if any) road noise. In addition to having very few neighbors, lush tropical landscaping provides very good privacy and a sense of seaside seclusion. The 82 degree, usually tranquil waters of Devers Bay are 150 feet from your villa and beckon you to enjoy the snorkeling and swimming. Your villa faces southwest so the pool and deck are bathed in sun all day and the sunset and ocean views are wonderful. Although the tranquility of Sunset Beach makes it feel very secluded and remote, it is less than a 10 minute drive into Cruz Bay on paved roads and the restaurants and fitness facility at the Westin are on the way into town.
– All payments are non-refundable
– This villa has a $50 non-refundable security deposit waiver which covers up to the first $500 in accidental damage. Damage must be reported to the local office while you are on island, otherwise it will not be covered.
– There is a $50 check-in fee for all arrivals on 9pm to midnight boat.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
Caribbean Villas Reservation Policies for: Reefside Villa, La Bella Vita, Colibri, Francis Bay Estates, Sunset Beach, Vista Caribe and Terrahawk. After making your villa/condo reservation with us, you have 7 days to send us your rental deposit. Your sending us your payment constitutes your acceptance and agreement to these terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions as printed below. If you have any problems or questions with any of the following, please phone us for discussion and explanation before you send us your rental deposit monies.
PAYMENT: Caribbean Villas requires 50% down within 7 days of making your reservation. Payments are by check only. Failure to make this payment subjects your reservation to automatic cancellation. The balance of your reservation including tax/service charge, and security deposit where applicable; is due 60 days prior to arrival. Please make checks payable to Caribbean Villas and mail them to Caribbean Villas, 89 Mussey Rd, Suite 103, Scarborough, ME 04074. All cancellations and any requests for changes to your reservation (such as date changes or changes in the number of persons) must be made IN WRITING. Rates are based on Cash Prices – To pay with a visa/mastercard there is a 3% service fee.
CANCELLATION POLICIES: All payments for the following homes are NON-REFUNDABLE/NON-CHANGEABLE: Reefside Villa, Vista Caribe, Francis Bay Estates, La Bella Vita, Sunset Beach, Terrahawk.
TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE: Consumer Advocates – Trip Cancellation Insurance. Please verify all terms and conditions of coverage with the trip cancellation insurance company. It is the guests responsibility to cover themselves in the event they need to cancel or change their vacation plans.
PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS: If you are a U.S. Citizen traveling to the U.S. Virgin Islands (St Thomas, St John, St Croix) you will need Proof of Citizenship; this is a Photo ID and a birth certificate with a raised seal (photo copies are not allowed). For further information: www.travel.state.gov If you are traveling to the U.S. Virgin Islands and are planning to do any day trips/day sails to the British Virgin Islands or any other Caribbean country you will need a valid passport.
HURRICANE CANCELLATIONS: Hurricane season is from June 1-November 30. Caribbean Villas highly recommends you purchase trip cancellation insurance. This insurance will cover you in case of a natural disaster (please verify all terms and conditions with the insurance company). In the unlikely event that we should experience a hurricane this season, there are several things you should know:
1. WE DO NOT ALLOW GUESTS TO REMAIN IN OUR VILLAS DURING HURRICANES! We will be available to make recommendations for hotel accommodation on St. Thomas or St. John which will have generators and running water.
2. In the case of a hurricane while you are on island you will not receive a refund of your rental and hotel tax from the day you vacate the villa. We highly recommend that you purchase trip cancellation insurance to cover other canceled expenses. Check with your travel professional or contact a provider for more information.
3. If predictions indicate a hurricane is headed our way and there is enough warning time you need to make every effort to fly out of St. Thomas before the storm is upon us. Delaying your departure plans may trap you on the island when no space is available on departing flights and after the storm you can expect to wait several days before normal airline travel is restored.
4. The Catered To staff will be monitoring the storm’s progress. If we feel strongly that we may be in the path of an approaching hurricane, we will notify you and advise you to fly off the island or to check into a St. Thomas hotel that is equipped with an emergency generator for the duration of the storm.
5. IMPORTANT: Once you make plans for a hotel or to leave the island, you MUST contact Catered To to let us know where you are and what you’re doing … we must keep track of all of our guests! Kindly make sure you call and speak with us before you depart.
6. The Catered To staff will try and assist you with advice but all guests must hurry to make their own airline or hotel reservations. In this emergency situation we will be busy supervising the shuttering and closing of all of our villas, office and preparing our own families and homes for the oncoming storm. We will appreciate your understanding and your full and willing cooperation to help yourselves under these circumstances.
7. Your villa will be shuttered up, electricity and gas will be turned off-island wide. Telephone and cable service will most likely be down also. All items from the patios and decks: furniture, grill, pool equipment, etc., will be put in your villa. There will be neither running water nor flushing toilets. Your villa will no longer be luxurious or even comfortable. Our government will impose a curfew for the day of and sometimes days after a hurricane so you will not be able to leave the property and, of course, the weather will be terrible!
In an extreme situation where there is insufficient time for you to leave the island please come by the Catered To office and we will give you a list of items you should have. This will include a flashlight and batteries, a battery operated radio, and storm preparation instructions in the unlikely situation that you must ride out the storm in one of our rental villas. YOU MUST COME TO THE OFFICE TO PICK UP YOUR HURRICANE LIST.
The Weather Channel (Channel 45) broadcasts a tropical report every hour at 48 minutes past the hour. This source and other information sources have, in the past, given us ample warning of the approach of a storm that will affect the Virgin Islands. When cable and/or TV go out, listen on FM to Isle 95 at 95.1 or on AM to WSTA Lucky 13 at 1340. HOTEL TAX: If traveling to St. John, a 12.5% hotel tax will be added to your reservation. If the hotel tax increases all reservations are subject to this increase.
DAMAGE (security) Waiver: We require a $50 non-refundable Security Deposit Waiver fee for all reservations. This Peace of Mind fee is in lieu of a damage deposit and covers all minor accidental damage or breakage up to $500. If damage occurs during your stay, please let us know immediately and it will be paid for by Catered To Vacation Homes. This privilege is offered to you as our way of saying thank you for your business. This policy does not cover intentional acts that results in damage, gross negligence, willful and wanton conduct, or any cause if the guest fails to report the damage to Catered To Vacation Homes before departure. Coverage does not apply to theft or damage of any property owned by or brought onto the premises by a guest. In cases of abuse and malicious damage to rental property the guest will reimburse Agent and/or Owner the amount of all damage including attorney’s fees.
LIABILITY: Caribbean Villas/Catered To, is acting hereunder as an agent for accommodations, and assumes no liability for property loss or damages, nor liability for injury, accident, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle or the acts of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers to or from their villa. Transportation (airlines, ferries, charter vessels, rental cars and taxis) is supplied by providers who operate independently of Caribbean Villas. We assume no responsibility, therefore, for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property because of the acts of those providers. Furthermore, Guests are responsible for their villa during occupancy, and must lock villa windows and doors securely at all times when not on the premises, and must observe all cautions as given in our blue guest book and/or by your local contact. All Caribbean Villa’s/Catered To properties are privately owned. The Owner and Caribbean Villas/Catered To reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at their complete discretion. Any and all disputes will be subject to jurisdiction only in the USVI.
INDEMNIFICATION/HOLD HARMLESS: The tenant and guests agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Caribbean Villas/Catered To Vacation Homes and represented property owners from and against all claims, demands, loss, liability of any kind and character, including cost of defense, arising out of or in any way connected with the tenant’s use of the property: in the event tenants or guests suffer personal/physical/property damage, injury, or loss. Caribbean Villas/Catered To Vacation Homes and property owners are not responsible for lost or stolen items or physical security. The duty to defend arises when the claim or demand is first made and is not waived by a delayed tender of defense.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Caribbean Villas/Catered To Vacation Homes and its directors, employees, sponsors, licensors, independent contractors, providers, subsidiaries and affiliates (collectively, the “Indemnified”), from and against any and all liability costs (including attorney’s fees and costs) incurred by the Indemnified in connection with any claim arising out of any breach by you of any provision of this User Agreement.
You agree to cooperate as fully as reasonably required in defense of any such claims. Caribbean Villas/Catered To Vacation Homes reserves the right, at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you and you shall not in any event settle any claim without the written consent of Caribbean Villas/Catered To Vacation Homes.
LEGAL RECOURSE – Any dispute arising out of these rental terms shall be construed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Territory of the US Virgin Islands without resort to the conflicts or choice of law principles thereof. The Courts of the United States Virgin Islands, Division of St. Thomas and St. John, shall be the exclusive venue for all judicial disputes and the prevailing party shall recover its costs, expenses and reasonable attorneys’ fees. Your sending a signed rental form and payment in response to an invoice constitutes your acceptance and agreement to these terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions as printed upon the signed rental agreement.
CHECK-IN TIME: St. John-3:00pm forward. This allows the house-keepers to complete their cleaning duties.
CHECK-OUT TIME: 10 AM is the required check-out time. Late checkouts are not available. If there are guests arriving that day the housekeeper will be there at 9 AM to begin cleaning. If the property is not vacated by 10 am, Catered To Vacation Homes is authorized to remove Guest belongings from the property at the guest’s expense. The minimum charge of $60 will be charged to the credit card on file.
ARRIVALS: For St. John there is one complimentary arrival that brings the arriving guests to the car rental to pick up their reserved vehicle and then escorts the party to their villa. For 9 pm – Midnight arrivals there is a $55 check-in fee. You may schedule additional arrivals as needed for $75 per arrival. There is a $100 check-in fee for arrivals on a holiday.
MAID SERVICE: Our homes/condos do not include maid service. Maid Service may be arranged at an additional cost. Towels, linens, beach towels and paper products are provided for your stay. Any additional supplies will need to be purchased by the guest.
CABLE/SATELLITE TELEVISION: For St. John, most of the homes have expanded cable, with a few exceptions. Occasionally there is a problem with the cable television service. Caribbean Villas does not have any control over the cable service and repairs are currently taking between 8-14 days to complete.
PHONE SERVICE: All long distance phone calls are restricted. We ask all guests to use a calling card to make long distance phone calls. Local calls are free. Occasionally there is a problem with the telephone lines for the villa and condo rentals. Caribbean Villas does not have any control over the telephone company and repairs are currently taking up to 30 days to complete. Rapture and Kalorama only have cell phone service.
CELL PHONE USAGE ALONG THE NORTH SHORE: If you use your cell phone on the north side of the island there is a good chance you will pick up the cell tower on Tortola (British Virgin Islands). If this happens you will be charged for an international call on your cell phone plan.
NO PETS: Pets are NOT allowed in Caribbean Villas/Catered To properties. A pet or evidence of a pet found on premises will cause immediate eviction and forfeiture of Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Caribbean Villas/Catered To shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. However, NO refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforeseen mechanical failures such as the supply of electricity, telephone service, water, pool filtration systems, hot tubs, air-conditioning, television, internet service or cable service, appliances, etc. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problems or damage to their villa IMMEDIATELY to us. No refunds will be considered unless problems are reported and reviewed by our Staff during your stay on island.
ENTRY INTO VILLA: Caribbean Villas/Catered To or its staff may enter your villa to perform any repairs as necessary. If your villa is on the market for sale, we reserve the right to allow the villa to be shown, but only by advance appointment made with Guests. We will make every effort to schedule such brief showings at a time convenient to you, to respect your privacy, and not interrupt your stay.
SUBSTITUTION: Caribbean Villas/Catered To reserves the right to substitute comparable or better accommodations without liability, should the villa reserved be sold, be out of order or be deemed substandard by us for any reason. If comparable accommodations are not available, Guest may receive a complete refund of all pro-rated rent and Hotel Tax paid for the original villa.
DRUGS AND HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Guest and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa any illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property.
VILLA, SAFE AND GATE KEYS: Caribbean villas/Catered To shall charge Guest $175 for each set of lost or mishandled keys; gate remote controls will be charged at replacement cost. Guest is required to follow all instructions precisely on where to leave your villa keys and gate remote controls when you depart—call if you are unsure!
CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for, based on two persons per bedroom. Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will be required to pay for the excess immediately, or shall vacate the villa without refund. Gatherings/Meetings: No groups larger than those renting a house are allowed in our villas without written permission. Additional fees may apply.
QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: Caribbean Villas/Catered To wishes to maintain a family atmosphere for the quiet enjoyment of Guests. We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties or functions such as weddings are allowed at the villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood.
RATES AND PRINTING ERRORS: Caribbean Villas/Catered To is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
CONSTRUCTION NOISE: Due to the amount of new villa construction on St. John, it is a possibility that construction may occur near your villa rental. Any construction and the possibility of new construction is outside the control of Caribbean Villas.
SMOKING: All Villas are non-smoking. Guests may be fined up to $150 for smoking violations.
CONSERVING ELECTRICITY: Due to the cost of electricity, the air-conditioning in our villas/condos will not be turned on when you are checked in to your property. At check-in, our staff will be happy to show you how to turn the systems on and off, should you decide to use the air-conditioning. We are requesting that you turn the air-conditioning off in all rooms when not at the villa. It does not take long to cool a room down when you return to the villa. We understand this is your vacation and we want it to be enjoyable and relaxing. Anything you are willing to do will be appreciated in conserving your electrical usage.
GARBAGE REMOVAL: Guests are responsible for removal of all trash from their villa. A $75 fee will be applied to guest’s security deposit if rental agent is required to remove trash left behind. There are numerous dumpsters throughout the island for your use.
CABLE/INTERNET/TELEPHONE/ELECTRICTY: In the Virgin Islands these services may be interrupted. If an interruption occurs the rental manager will report the problem but we have no control over service repairs. There will be no rental refunds due to the interruption of these services. INTERNET SERVICE: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile.
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- In Season Prices
Jan. 4, 2020 – Apr. 17, 2020
$5300/wk for 2 people * $5600/wk 3-6 * $5900/wk 7-8
- Off Season Pricing
April 17, 2019 – Dec. 16, 2019
$3900/wk for 2-4 people * $4500/wk 5-8
- Holiday Rates (Flat Rate)
(Nov . 23 -30, 2019)
$5000/wk 2-8 people
(Dec. 17, 2019 – Jan. 3, 2020)
$7600/wk 2-8 people
- 12.5% Hotel tax
- Damage Deposit
$50 non-refundable damage waiver
(The waiver covers up to the first $500 in accidental damage that could occur during your stay. The damage must be reported while on island for it to be covered.)
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Sunset Beach was built in 1998 and, as the photos show, this is a superb villa. Start with a quiet, idyllic tropical cove that is 5-10 minutes from Cruz Bay, then add abundant and colorful landscaping, the relaxing background music of surf breaking on the beach, sunshine from 9 am to sunset, swimming and snorkeling in the Caribbean a few feet from your sundeck, a 40 foot lap pool, a 6 person Jacuzzi, cozy private and romantic bedrooms with A/C, rich designer interior furnishings, tranquil and picturesque views from every room, and gorgeous sunsets. The owners of Sunset Beach are very involved with their home. Their constant attention to detail and good taste shows throughout the house. Even though some of the world's finest beaches are a 10 minute drive, Sunset is so inviting and enjoyable that many guests rarely make it to Trunk Bay Beach; they get struck in the ultimate relaxation zone, Sunset Beach. Sunset Beach is ideal for couples and families and perfect for lovers and honeymooners; we give it "two enthusiastic thumbs up." For a smaller (3 bedroom) villa on Dever's Bay, take a look at Dream Come True or Island Time (2 bedrooms).