Reefside Villa is a spacious and elegant multi level villa where all the bedrooms are on different levels from the living areas, thereby providing a very distinct sense of privacy for multiple guests. Another design feature that differentiates Reefside Villa is that each living space is in a distinct room with its own individual style and personality, unlike most island homes where the living spaces are combined into a great room. To enter Reefside Villa, you park on the upper (3rd) level and enter through a gated entrance. A well landscaped walkway leads past the two upper level bedrooms and down to the main (2nd) level, which contains the living room dining room, the kitchen and a 500 sq/ft covered deck that runs the length of the living and dining rooms. A private exterior stairway located off the living and dining rooms leads up the master bedroom, located on the 3rd level in a very private setting above the kitchen. From the living areas on the 2nd level, exterior stairs lead down a half level to the poolside cabana bedroom and then down another half level to the main house bedroom and the handsome office. The oversized pool and spacious sun deck are three steps below the main house bedroom and the office. The path to the beach is accessed from the pool deck and it is an easy walk to the man made private beach that offers very good sunning, swimming and snorkeling.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Beds: 5
- Bed Description: 5 kings
- Bathrooms: 5.5
- Property Location: Chocolate Hole Harbor
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: 7600+ sq. ft.
- Year Property Complete: 1999
- Beach: Chocolate Hole Harbor
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: N/A
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $50 non-refundable damage waiver
- Distance To Town: It's a 5-6 minute drive in to the shops, restaurants and grocery stores in Cruz Bay.
- Living And Dining: Terra cotta tiled floors, a 17 foot beamed cathedral ceiling and gorgeous arched mahogany doors and windows create a classic Caribbean ambiance in the rich living room. This traditional setting is enhanced by handsome and comfortable mahogany cushioned furniture, and artifacts and works of art from around the world, with an emphasis on Africa art. The living room includes comfortable seating for 10, a 36” Sony satellite TV/DVD with four speaker surround sound, high speed DSL internet and an iPod dock.
The centerpiece of the formal dining room is an elegant chandelier and a mahogany table that seats 8 – 10 persons on cushioned chairs. There is a built in bar with a mini fridge and arched mahogany doors open to a covered deck that runs the length of the dining room. A gas barbeque grill is outside the dining room.
- Kitchen: This chef’s kitchen combines both beauty and functionality. Black polished granite countertops, mahogany cabinets and terra cotta tiled floors provide the beauty. The functionality is provided by a 6-burner gas range with griddle in the middle and double ovens and hood, side by side s/s refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave, double sink, blender, toaster, coffeemaker, food processor and an island/bar that seats four.
Office: The 300 sq/ft air conditioned office is on the pool level and is the finest home office we have seen in an island rental home. It includes a large mahogany desk and comfortable seating for six, plus a copier/fax machine and telephone. Definitely a great place to work and you’re just steps from the pool.
- Bedroom Details: All five bedrooms are private and quiet because each is located in a separate building. All the bedrooms have king beds and air conditioning, and each includes a tasteful, and distinctive décor, and all include terra cotta tiled floors, a TV/DVD and a handsome bathroom with mahogany cabinets and marble tiles accented by antique brick. The two upper level guest bedrooms are on the third (uppermost) level and are separated by a tiled breakfast patio. Both are oversized (260 sq/ft) with a 15 ft beamed cathedral ceiling and a small balcony with harbor views. The very private master bedroom is also on the 3rd level, but you must enter the main house to access the master. The master bedroom is also larger than the guest bedrooms and naturally it has the best views. The pool cabana bedroom is located in a separate building (cabana) a half level above the pool. It also has a beamed cathedral ceiling and a small balcony. The fourth bedroom is the largest of all the guest bedrooms and is located 3 steps above the pool deck on the ground level of the main house.
Reefside Villa is located on a lushly landscaped waterfront lot on Chocolate Hole Harbor, on the same side of the harbor as its neighbor, Ciellodonna. Reefside Villa occupies a one plus acre lot and has a very unique feature; a sand beach. This is a peaceful and seemingly away-from-it-all location where the mature landscaping and large lot offers great privacy, peace and quiet. A private path (a very easy 1-2 minute walk) leads to good snorkeling, swimming and kayaking in the calm 82 degree waters of Chocolate Hole Harbor. Your view looks to the east- southeast with sailboats floating peacefully in the harbor. This is a sun lover’s villa with sun on your spacious pool deck most of the day. It’s an easy 5 minute drive into Cruz Bay, and the spa, restaurants and beach at the Westin Resort are a 10 minute walk or a 2 minute drive.
All Payments are non-refundable
This villa has a $50 non-refundable security deposit waiver which covers up to the first $500 in accidental damage. Damage must be reported to the local office while you are on island, otherwise it will not be covered.
There is a $55 check-in fee for all arrivals on 9pm to midnight boat.
Vehicle Information: A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season
Dec. 16, 2018 – April 15, 2019
$9000/wk for 2 people * $9500/wk 3-4 * $10,000/wk for 5-6 * $10,500/wk for 7- 8 * $11000/wk 9-10
(Dec 17, 2019 – Jan. 4, 2020)
$14,000/wk 2 – 10
- Off Season
April 16, 2019 – Dec. 16, 2019
$6000/wk for 2 people * $6500/wk 3-4 * $7000/wk 5-6 * $7500/wk 7-8 * $8000/wk 9-10
(Nov. 23 -30, 2019)
- 12.5% Hotel Tax
- Damage Deposit
$50 non-refundable damage waiver
(this covers up to the 1st $500 in accidental damage that could occur during your stay. The damage must be reported while on island for it to be covered.)
Caribbean Villas Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Reefside Villa is located on an uncommonly large lot of more than one acre. This allows Reefside Villa enough land area to include a small sand beach on the calm, protected waters of Chocolate Hole Harbor. Although this beach will never be confused with Trunk Bay, it is quite a pleasant, tranquil and sunny place to relax by the water, or to launch a snorkeling or kayaking expedition, or to pull up in a dingy and come ashore for lunch. (kayaks and dinghies can be rented in Cruz Bay).
- Other distinctive features of Reefside Villa include;
- Zoned, a/c in all rooms,
- A handsome traditional design where the living room, dining room and kitchen are separate and distinct rooms, each with its own attractive and discerning interior décor,
- An oversized pool, surrounded by luxuriant landscaping that creates a beautiful and very private poolside patio,
- Sun all day on the poolside patio and the beach, and for those who prefer to be outside in the shade, there is a 500 sq/ft covered deck with comfortable furniture, located off the living and dining rooms,
- A very comfortable, 300 sq/ft air conditioned office, located just off the pool deck, for those who must work on vacation,
- A very private and tranquil location, yet you’re an easy walk to the Westin Resort and a 5-minute drive from Cruz Bay.
- Four very private and attractively furnished guest bedrooms plus a spacious master bedroom with excellent views and a top of the villa location.
Reefside Villa is recommended for families or multiple couples who desire to vacation together while still maintaining a strong sense of privacy.
- Guest Comments:
We had a wonderful time. The villa and the staff exceeded expectations. Thank you very, very much!