La Bella Vita is a 2-level home with the great room and two bedroom/baths on the upper level, and the pool, sundeck, bar, a half bath and 2 more bedroom/baths on the lower level. You park on the upper level and a mahogany door opens to the comfortable, 800 sq/ft great room. The kitchen and the interior dining area are on the left with the living areas on the right, all looking out at the gorgeous views through 8 foot tall, screened sliding glass doors. A covered deck runs the full length (64ft) of the upper level and both upper level bedrooms are accessed from this deck. The pool, sundeck, wet bar, half bath and two more bedroom/baths are on the lower level and are accessed by twin exterior stairways.
Like all the homes in the Virgin Grand Estates, this is a custom design. Its classic design features include beamed cathedral ceilings, tiled roofs, interior tiled floors and exterior tiled decks, 12 foot Doric columns supporting covered decks and the extensive use of cherry and granite in the kitchen and baths.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 5
- Bed Description: 3 Kings, 2 Twins conver to King
- Bathrooms: 4.5
- Property Location: Virgin Grand Estates
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 4200 sq. ft.
- Year Property Complete: 2005
- Beach: The beach below at the Westin Hotel
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 20 x 12 x 4- 6.5 ft deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $50 Non-Refundable Security Deposit Waiver
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay is a 10-15 minute drive on entirely on paved roads.
- Living Dining: The living area is a great place for relaxing and enjoying a movie on the 36 inch cable TV with DVD, VHS and surround sound. The TV plays through a 4 speaker ceiling mounted home theater system that puts out good quality sounds. An AM/FM receiver, 5-disc CD and an I Pod dock also play through the surround sound system. La Bella Vita also has WiFi access. You have many choices for formal or informal dining. Inside, a mahogany table seats 8, while the granite kitchen bar seats 6. On the pool deck, a cast iron umbrella table seats 6 -8 and our favorite, the pool bar, serves 4 - 6.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is very attractive with cherry cabinets accented by polished granite countertops, a tiled floor and a beamed cathedral ceiling. It is also well equipped, with a 4-burner electric stove oven, refrigerator/freezer with water filtration and outside ice and water, microwave, dishwasher, and blender, coffeemaker, and plenty of cookware and dinnerware. A granite island with a bar that seats 6 separates the kitchen from the dining area. There is a gas barbeque grill, as well as a laundry room with washer and dryer.
- Bedroom Details: All four air conditioned bedrooms are all the same size (17 x 12) and all have romantic water views through screened sliding glass doors. Three bedrooms have king beds and the lower right bedroom has 2 twin beds, as well as a cable TV/DVD. The bedrooms on both levels are on opposite ends of the house to insure very good privacy.
La Bella Vita was built in 2005 on a prime lot within the Virgin Grand Estates. It is the last house on a dead end private road . Because you are at the end of a little used drive, there is very little traffic and good privacy.
La Bella Vita sits on the lot below Sunset Vista and like Sunset Vista, it has really spectacular views that stretch more than 180 degrees. You are about 500 feet above the Westin Resort and the Caribbean Sea, and your view extends from St Croix in the southeast, past the St. James islands and St. Thomas in the west, and on to the Hans Lollicks, Thatch and Grass Cays in the northwest.
The sunset views are some of St. Johns best, and the twinkling lights of St. Thomas provide beautiful evening views that make nights on the decks a memorable experience. During the day, the sun marches across the Caribbean Sea and creates an ever-changing, all day panorama of color. This is definitely a sun lovers villa, with sun on the pool and sundeck from 9am to sunset, although the pool, covered decks, trade winds and a/c will keep you comfortably cool.
About a quarter-mile walk below you are the restaurants, beach and fitness room of the Westin Resort, while the renowned restaurants and shops of Cruz Bay are a 10-15 minute drive, entirely on paved roads.
– All payments are non-refundable.
– This villa has a $50 non-refundable security deposit waiver. This covers up to the first $500 in accidental damage. Damage must be reported to the local office while you are on island, otherwise it will not be covered.
– There is a $55 check-in fee for all arrivals on 9pm to midnight boat.
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 15, 2018
$6000/wk for 2 people * $6500/wk 3-4 * $7000/wk 5- 6 * $7500/wk 7-8
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
- Off Season Pricing
April 16, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$4500/wk for 2 people * $5000/wk 3-4 * $5500/wk 5-6 * $6000/wk 7-8
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax
- Damage Deposit
$50 non-refundable damage waiver
(this covers up to the first $500 in accidental damage that could occur during your stay. Damage must be reported while on island for it to be covered)
- All payments are non-refundable
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
La Bella Vita is an elegant home with an exclusive and private location on a dead end road in the upper elevations of the Virgin Grand Estates. Its Best Features include:
Magnificent views from inside or outside your villa, including picturesque daytime views, wonderful sunsets and romantic evening views of St. Thomas,
Four equally sized air conditioned (200 sq/ft) bedrooms, each with an excellent view, good privacy, and an i Home clock radio (i Pod dock),
Very elegant and oversized (125 sq/ft) bathrooms, with cherry and granite vanities and a gorgeous stone shower with an arched, screened window with a water view,
A 20 foot pool surrounded by a large (1500 sq/ft) tiled sundeck with a wet bar, half bath, stereo speakers, clothing optional privacy, and sun from 9AM to sunset,
A home theater system (4 ceiling mounted speakers) in the great room that connects to a 36 înch TV/DVD, or a stereo/CD, or an I Pod dock, plus 2 cleverly hidden poolside speakers,
Wireless internet access,
A handsome and well equipped kitchen.
With equal sized bedrooms this is a good choice for couples and this design also accommodates 2 families in comfort and privacy.