In late 2014 all of Casa Del Sol’s doors and windows were retrofitted with new mahogany screens. Because Casa del Sol has mostly arched doors and windows the new screens had to be custom built and expertly installed. Needless to say, the new screens look gorgeous and perform flawlessly. If you like an open door/window breeze without the annoying buzz of no-see-ums and other insects, this villa will now deliver.
Casa Del Sol is a gorgeous plantation style home that consists of a majestic 2-level main house that is flanked on both sides by a 2-level bedroom tower. The main house and the bedroom towers are connected by tiled decks and courtyards. The building materials and the design are traditional Caribbean, with native stone and antique brick, hand rubbed mahogany doors and windows, terra cotta tiled floors and beamed cathedral ceilings throughout. You park above the villa and descend tiled stairs to the upper level which houses the great room, two upper level bedrooms and courtyards, decks and balconies. The great room contains the interior living, and dining, areas, plus the kitchen. To the right and left of the great room, separated by tiled courtyards, are the upper level bedrooms and baths, each with a private balcony. A covered deck also extends off the great room. Two sets of exterior tiled stairs lead down to the lower level bedrooms/baths that each include a private covered deck. The pool, wet bar, a fifth full bath and a covered deck and sun decks are also located on the lower level.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 4
- Bed Description: 4 Queens
- Bathrooms: 5
- Property Location: Rendezvous Bay
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 4,000+ sq/ft
- Year Property Complete: 1999
- Beach: Klein Bay Beach
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 22' x 13' x 5' deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: Prepaid $1000 (Damage deposit is refunded 30 days after departure as long as no damage occurs during your stay)
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay is only a 10 minute drive on paved roads.
- Living Dining: The plantation style living area and the entire 650 sq/ft great room is a timeless and beautiful Caribbean classic with native stone walls, three sets of 8’ arched mahogany doors, and arched sunrise windows, all with custom fitted mahogany screens. The living area has 18' beamed cathedral ceilings and terra cottage tiled floors and is decorated with plantation style wicker and mahogany furniture and accessories and the entertainment package includes a 32” flat screen TV/DVD and AM/FM stereo/CD played through 4 ceiling mounted speakers in the great room, and another 4 speakers on the lower level at the wet bar and pool, with volume controls on both levels. High speed wireless internet is included. In the great room the formal mahogany dining table seats 8-10, and there are breakfast/lunch tables for 4-6 on both the upper and lower decks.
- Kitchen: The kitchen combines beauty and function with mahogany cabinets and granite counter tops, a side by side refrigerator and freezer with water and ice dispenser, a 4 burner glass topped electric stove with 36” standard and convection ovens, a microwave, dishwasher, blender, toaster, and coffeemaker. A 12 piece set of Calphalon cookware and abundant dishes, dinnerware, and dining linens for a party of 10 are provided.
- Bedroom Details: The four bedrooms are contained in two, 2-level towers located on both sides of the main house. Both bedroom towers are separated from the main house by a tiled courtyard that insures their privacy. All the bedrooms are air conditioned with beautiful and expertly fitted screened mahogany doors and windows, terra cotta tiled floors, queen mahogany beds, plantation furniture, custom built mahogany and granite baths, and showers with a lovely view. The two upper level bedroom/baths are slightly larger at 290 sq/ft and have 15’ beamed cathedral ceilings. Both upper bedrooms open to a 100 sq/ft covered balcony with a lovely view while the lower bedrooms open to a covered deck, also with an appealing view.
Casa Del Sol is located on the top row of villas in the exclusive neighborhood of Klein Bay. There are about fifteen upscale villas in Klein Bay which is a snug cove that is part of Rendezvous Bay, a larger Bay on St. John’s Caribbean coast. Only about half of the lots in Klein Bay have been developed, and those lots include exceptional 4+ bedroom villas like Serenata De La Playa and Monte Bay. Limited development of this area insures its unique beauty, privacy and peacefulness. Ditliff Point is the peninsula that curves south into the Caribbean and protects two beaches in Klein Bay that provide swimming and snorkeling close to home among turquoise waters dotted with brightly colored fish, sea fans and other sea life. A 5-15 minute swim or snorkel takes you to the little used white sand beach on Ditliff Point, or you can swim and snorkel at the tranquil pebble beach directly below you in Klein Bay. The restaurants and nightlife of Cruz Bay are a 10 minute drive on paved roads.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 10%
- Sept. 9 -Oct. 7, 2017
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$5250/wk for 2 people * $5705/wk for 3 * $6160/wk for 4 * $6615/wk for 5 * $7070/wk for 6
$7525/wk for 7 * $7980/wk for 8
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$3950/wk for 2 people * $4405/wk for 3 * $4860/wk for 4 * $5315/wk for 5 * $5770/wk for 6
$6225/wk for 7 * $6680/wk for 8
Thanksgiving – Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
(Damage deposit is refunded 30 days after departure as long as no damage occurs during your stay)
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
This modern version of a Caribbean classic was meticulously built in 1998-99. From 1999 to 2010 Casa De Sol was owner occupied and lovingly cared for. In 2010 Casa Del Sol was sold, and we began offering this beautiful home in December, 2010. The high quality of construction and the excellent maintenance given this home has produced a home in very good, like new condition.
Some of the features that you will love include:
As a member of the Klein Bay Association, Casa Del Sol has access to the beach below you. This is a pebble beach that provides access to safe and enjoyable swimming, snorkeling and kayaking in the calm 82-84 degree, turquoise waters of Klein Bay (kayaks not provided, but can be rented in Cruz Bay);
The four bedrooms are very private with no common walls, and each with a covered balcony or deck, lovely views, custom granite and mahogany baths, and showers with a view;
The pool has stereo speakers on both ends, and a few steps away is a granite wet bar and refrigerator with another set of speakers and speaker controls. Both the pool and the roomy sun deck are bathed in sunshine from sunrise to late in the afternoon, and at night, starlight and moonbeams shimmer on the sea before you;
For people who love to spend time outside, but not in the sun, Casa Del Sol’s covered decks and balconies provide numerous places to relax, unwind, and enjoy the cooling trade winds and lovely views. The decks have a direct line of sight into the pool, so adults can relax nearby but still keep on eye on any kids in the pool;
Last but not least, this oversized lot provides a peaceful location with wonderful water views and enough privacy for a full body tan;
With its time-honored design features, plus comfortable furnishings, tasteful accessories, and superb and location, Casa Del Sol makes a great vacation home for families and couples.
If Casa Del Sol is unavailable for the dates you desire, take a look at other homes in the Klein Bay neighborhood such as Monte Bay, Serenata De La Playa, and Orchid Villa
- Guest Comments:
- Very nice property- we were impressed with the amount of kitchen equipment- usually it is sparse but casa del sol is so well equipped, you could host an elegant dinner with all they have. Very comfortable and relaxing- the location is just far enough out of town to be very peaceful without being isolated.
- I just wanted to let you know that our stay at Casa del Sol was fabulous. The house was everything is was made out to be on the website. We truly enjoyed it. I have to let you know that Shamall was a great host for us. He showed us the house and answered all of our questions.