Anole is a two level design with the great room and two bedrooms/baths, plus a half bath on the upper level, and two more bedrooms/baths and the pool on the lower level. You park on the upper level and enter into the handsome great room, complete with handsome island stonework, tiled floors, a cathedral ceiling and a gorgeous view of Cinnamon Bay. The kitchen and interior dining are on the right side of the great room, while the living area occupies the left half of this attractive room. The upper level bedrooms, each with a delightful screened in porch and sitting area are located on both sides of the great room. A tiled sundeck runs the length of the great room, and exterior stairs off the sundeck lead to the pool and the lower bedrooms. The lower bedrooms also are good sized, with pleasant screened in porches and lots of privacy. A covered deck is located between the lower bedrooms. The pool sits in a very private, lushly landscaped site on the west (left) side of the house and can be accessed by stairs from the house or the entrance area.
- Save 20% - Mar. 12 - April 4, 2020
- New & Direct bookings only
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
We added Anole to our villa portfolio in the summer of 2005. It is a unique vacation home in an absolutely stunning location, so adding this villa was an easy decision. Here is what makes Anole special:
- Cinnamon Bay and the north shore of St. John have now become one of the Caribbeans finest locations for villa rentals. The gorgeous views, the national park, and the peaceful, quiet atmosphere make this a very exclusive and desirable neighborhood.
- As you enter Anole, a 30 ft wide, 8ft tall wall of glass reveals the setting that defines this villa and makes it beautiful and exhilarating.
- Location, location... This is one of St. Johns most private homes. Although you have neighbors, (Cinnamon Bay Estate, Peace and Plenty), the lush tropical vegetation insures that you cannot see or be seen by another villa. The closest roofs that you see are on Tortola, three miles to the east. The accent on privacy is also built into the villa. With an oversized 350 sq/ft bedroom on each side of the villa and with two bedrooms up and two down, each bedroom remains very quiet and private.
- Each bedroom has a unique 150 sq/ft screened in porch that guests absolutely love. Each porch has two rocking chairs, and individual privacy and peacefulness. You can experience the natural sights and sounds of your lush tropical surroundings, up close, but without any winged intruders that go buzz in the night. At night the only lights visible are a sparse string of lights on Jost Van Dyke, and the glow of lights from Cane Garden Bay on Tortola. The stargazing is excellent, and the sensation of being on a tropical island, seemingly removed from civilization, is wonderful.
Anole is an excellent home for families, is also ideal for 1-4 couples, and this dreamy setting is well suited for honeymooners and lovers. If your travel plans include more than 8 people, Anoles neighbors are the lovely villas Cinnamon Bay Estate, (3 bedrooms), Peace and Plenty (4 bedrooms) and Cinnamon Ridge (5 bedrooms).
Note: A 4 wheel drive vehicle is advisable for Anole. The Anole neighborhood roads are unpaved, and the road conditions vary dependent on the weather. The roads are not dangerous, but can be bumpy due to periods of heavy rainfall during rainy season.