The design of Vista Caribe is similar to the design of its 4-bedroom sister home, South Palm, except that Vista Caribe has a handsome pool cabana (bedroom). You park above the villa and descend a flight of stairs to the great house. The design of the great house consists of multiple adjoining buildings with separate exterior rooflines, but with an interior that is all under one continuous roof. You enter into the great room, which contains the living and dining rooms, with the kitchen in an adjoining alcove. Beyond the kitchen and laundry room, a common set of interior stairs leads to the bedrooms. Each of the three bedrooms in the great house is on a different level, with each bedroom facing south to capture the dazzling views. The great house master bedroom is on the uppermost level, with a second bedroom (2 twins) one level below, and the third bedroom (king bed) on the ground level. There is a private master bedroom in the pool cabana, which is defined by coral stone floors, a granite and mahogany bath and wet bar, and an exterior built of gorgeous native stone.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 5
- Bed Description: 2 Kings, 1 Queen, 2 Twins
- Bathrooms: 4.5
- Property Location: Virgin Grand Estates
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 4000 sq.ft.(approx)
- Year Property Complete: 2003
- Beach: The beach below at the Westin Hotel
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 20 x 13 x 6 ft deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $50 Non-Refundable Security Deposit Waiver
- Distance To Town: 10 minute drive to Cruz Bay.
- Living And Dining: With its large French doors, a towering cathedral ceiling, comfortable tropical furnishings and marvelous views, the spacious living room is an example of subtle Caribbean elegance. A satellite TV/DVD, and a stereo/CD, plus wireless internet provide the entertainment. The formal, interior dining room seats 6 at a glass topped table with rattan chairs. If you prefer dining outside, a table on the covered deck off the dining room also seats six.
- Kitchen: Granite countertops, mahogany cabinets, stainless steel appliances, a tiled floor and a beamed cathedral ceiling – this is indeed a handsome kitchen. It is not only attractive, it is also well equipped with a 5-burner gas stove with hood, standard and convection SS ovens, a SS refrigerator/freezer, SS microwave, SS dishwasher, a mahogany wine rack and lots more - this is definitely a great kitchen. A mahogany and granite half bath is off the kitchen, as is the large laundry room with washer and dryer. Even the laundry room has gorgeous mahogany cabinets in this first-rate home.
- Bedroom Details: The master bedroom suite in the cabana is spacious and private, and includes a/c, coral stone floors, a granite and mahogany bath and wet bar, and a king mahogany bed. The master bedroom in the great house is charming and romantic with a 4-poster mahogany bed (king) under a cathedral ceiling, his and her mahogany closets and a very pretty tiled bath with granite countertops and cherry cabinets. Mahogany French doors open to a tiled balcony with gorgeous views. The mid level guest bedroom has 2 twins that convert to a king, and the lower level guest bedroom has a mahogany 4-poster king bed. All the bedrooms are air-conditioned and have granite and mahogany tiled baths, a satellite TV/DVD, stereo/CD systems and wireless internet. The great house bedrooms all have a private balcony or patio and the cabana opens to the pool deck.
Vista Caribe enjoys a terrific setting on one of the choicest lots within the gated and exclusive Virgin Grand Estates. It is located 650 feet above the Caribbean Sea in a quiet and exclusive location, with distinctive neighbors like Kalorama and Rapture. The excellent views include the distant islands of St. Croix, the St. James, Dog Island, St. Thomas, Lovango and more. The sunset views are spectacular, undoubtedly some of the best on the island. A private road leads to Vista Caribe and dead-ends about 200 yards beyond your villa. As of April 2015, there are only two villas beyond Vista Caribe on this private drive, so there is very little road traffic and this setting remains quite tranquil and peaceful. The sun arcs across your horizon all day long and provides you with an ever-changing panorama of color. Your south / southwest orientation also means gentle breezes and sun on your pool deck from 9 AM to sunset – this is definitely a sun lovers villa (the gazebo, pool and a/c house provide relief, if you need it). About a half-mile below you are the restaurants, beach and fitness room of the Westin Resort, while the restaurants and shops of the always enjoyable village of Cruz Bay are a 10-minute drive, entirely on paved roads.
– All payments are non-refundable
– This villa has a $50 non-refundable security deposit waiver which covers up to the first $500 in accidental damage. Damage must be reported to the local office while you are on island, otherwise it will not be covered.
– There is a $50 check-in fee for all arrivals on 9pm to midnight boat.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2018 – Apr. 16, 2019
$6000/wk for 2 people * $6500/wk 3-4 * $7000/wk 5-6 * $7500/wk 7-8
- Off Season Pricing
April 17, 2019 – Dec. 16, 2019
$4500/wk for 2 people * $5000/wk 3-4 * $5500/wk 5-6 * $6000/wk 7-8
- Holiday Rates (Flat Rate)
(Nov. 23 -30, 2019)
$6500/wk 2-8 people
(Dec 17 – Jan. 3, 2020)
$9000/wk 2-8 people
- 12.5% Hotel Tax
- Damage Deposit
$50 non-refundable damage waiver
(The damage waivers covers up to the first $500 in accidental damage that could occur during your stay. The damage must be reported on island for it to be covered.)
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Vista Caribe enjoys one of the highest elevations in the Virgin Grand Estates, with excellent views that sweep more than 200 degrees, from St. Croix in the south, past Little St. James and St. Thomas in the west, and beyond Lovango in the northwest. Vista Caribe was completed and began renting in 2004. This is the second home to be built by the development team that also built Las Brisas Caribe, and the same commitment to quality design, construction and furnishings is found in both homes. Vista Caribe represents a tasteful blending of classic Caribbean architecture with the comforts of a luxurious, modern home. Everything about this villa is impressive, including:
A quiet and peaceful setting with clothing optional privacy and colorful tropical landscaping throughout the site,
Majestic views throughout the day and evening from all rooms of the house, the pool and the pool deck,
Central air conditioning throughout the villa and cabana,
Satellite TVs/DVDs in the great room and in all four bedrooms, plus wireless internet,
A pool and sun deck that get sun from 9 AM to sunset, including a classic styled gazebo for relaxing in the shade,
A truly gourmet kitchen,
Classic architectural features, such as tiled roofs, beamed cathedral ceilings, Doric columns, mahogany French doors, arched walls, and tiled floors throughout the villa
Vista Caribe is elegant and romantic throughout, and with its impressive pool cabana bedroom, plus a master bedroom in the great house, this villa is great for couples, or for families with children.