Virgin Seabreeze consists of a large main house and a smaller guest house. You park above the villa and walk down a brick and stone stairway to the brick patio connecting the main house and the guest house. The living, dining and kitchen areas, the master bedroom, and the pool bedroom, plus a loft are all located in the main house. The guest house, which is about 30 feet to the right of the main house, contains an upper level bedroom and a lower level bedroom plus a shared bath. Both the main house and the guest house open to a large antique brick patio which contains a barbeque and lovely dining area under a big gazebo. The hot tub sits in an exceptionally private and romantic spot on the other (left) side of the house. Three sets of stairs lead from the main house down to the spacious pool and sundeck on the lower level.
The solid masonry construction, antique brick patios and courtyards, hand cut stone walls, tiled roofs, terraced gardens, multiple decks, large pool and hot tub, a/c, and quality furnishings and antique accessories reveal that a lot of planning and expense went into the construction, furnishing and remodeling of this modern, yet classic villa.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 7
- Bed Description: 1 King, 6 Twins convert to Kings
- Bathrooms: 3
- Property Location: Reef Bay
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: 4600 sq. ft. (approx.)
- Year Property Complete: 2005 Updated
- Beach: Reef Bay - 15 min. hike
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 22 x 12 x 5 ft deep
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: It is a 15-18 minute drive to and from the shops, restaurants and grocery stores in Cruz Bay.
- Living Dining: A 25 foot tall cathedral ceiling with multiple skylights combines with white tiled floors and white walls to create a bright and cheerful great room. On the east (water) side screened sliding glass doors open to lovely views and a seaside deck, while on the west wall three sliding glass doors open to views of the courtyard and terraced gardens. The designer rattan furniture in the living room seats eight on a couch, loveseat, and chair. A 40” Sony flat screen cable TV/DVD, and an AM/FM/CD stereo with iPod, plus high speed internet provides the electronic entertainment, and ceiling fans and the trade winds provide more than adequate ventilation. For dining you have four options. In the great house, a 9 foot mahogany table seats 8-10, and a mahogany bar that borders the kitchen seats 5. Outside, just off the kitchen and beside the Jennaire grill, a 10 foot marble table also seats 8-10 under the gazebo on the brick patio. On the pool deck there are two round tables that each seat four persons.
- Kitchen: The handsome kitchen has hardwood cabinets accented by white tiled countertops and a bow window that gives the chef a beautiful view of Reef Bay. Appliances include a 4 burner gas stove/oven, a refrigerator/freezer, a dishwasher, 2 microwaves, a blender and coffee maker. There are hand painted decorative pieces and multiple sets of dinnerware. A Jennaire gas grill is on the brick patio, and a washer/dryer and freezer are located in an alcove off the great house.
- Bedroom Details: All four bedrooms have air conditioning, flat screen 26” TVs, water views and the subdued sounds of surf gently breaking on the beach below you. In the guest house, the upper and lower bedrooms each have a choice of a king bed or two twins, a 26 inch TV/DVD plus an iPod clock radio. These two bedrooms share a tiled bath with shower. In the main house, the master bedroom has a 4-poster king bed, a TV/DVD plus an iPod, and beautiful views through sliding glass doors that open to a seaside deck. A separate tiled master bath and a shower with a lovely view serves the master bedroom. The fourth bedroom is off the pool deck (king bed or 2 twins) and has a tiled bath and shower, TV plus AM/FM/CD player. A fifth room is the loft with a ships ladder access off the great room. It contains an antique sleigh bed, desk, table, and small deck.
Virgin Seabreeze is located on the edge of the National Park in Reef Bay. The road to Reef Bay ends about a quarter mile beyond your villa (the last house on the road is Cocolobo), and with almost no vehicular traffic and great natural beauty, this villa setting is exceptionally peaceful, pristine and beautiful.
The magnificent views include virgin subtropical rain forest on Bordeaux Mountain, the “Big Sur” like shoreline of the National Park and miles of blue Caribbean. Below you lay the usually deserted sands of Reef Bay Beach, St. John’s most virgin National Park beach where sea turtles still lay their eggs and snorkeling, swimming and beach walks are private and inviting.
A one mile hike along the shore brings you to a second beach at the head of Reef Bay while other trails take you on more challenging hikes through the National Park to Lameshur Bay, Bordeaux Mountain or Rams Head.
It’s a four mile drive to Cruz Bay, all of which is on what passes on St. John for a paved road, but Reef Bay is off the beaten path so few tourists ever explore this beautiful and relatively unknown area of St John.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
After making your villa/condo booking with us, you have 7 days to send us your rental deposit and guest contract. Payment is by check, personal check is fine. Your sending us payment on your villa rental becomes a binding agreement; it constitutes your acceptance and agreement to these terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions as mentioned in our Payment and Cancellation Polices section on this page. If you have any problems or questions with any of this information, please be sure to call us for discussion and explanation before you send us your villa rental deposit monies and contract.
PAYMENTS: Caribbean Villas requires 50% down within 7 days of making your reservation by check only. Failure to make this payment subjects your reservation to automatic cancellation. The balance of your reservation including the tax/service charge and security deposit where applicable; is due 60 days prior to arrival. If traveling during the Christmas/New Years time period, the balance including the tax/service charge is due 120 days prior to arrival. Rates are based on Cash Prices – Payment is by check. To pay with a visa/mastercard there is a 3% service fee. Please make the checks payable to Caribbean Villas and mail them to 89 Mussey Rd., Suite 103, Scarborough, ME 04074.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Once Caribbean Villas has received your deposit all payments are non-refundable/non-changeable. If you cancel/change your reservation, and we are able to rebook your entire set of travel dates, your money will be refunded, less a 20% administration fee of the total room charge. If a replacement rental is not obtained for your entire set of travel dates, there will be no refund. There will be no exceptions to this policy. Caribbean Villas highly recommends trip cancellation insurance.
HURRICANE AND/OR STORM POLICY: There will be no refunds given for acts of God or force majeure, such as hurricanes, tropical storms etc on St John, USVI. This policy applies to current and all future guests who have reservations to travel or are on St John. We highly recommend trip cancellation insurance. If insurance is not purchased and St John is impacted by an act of god or force majeure we will hold your money on account for a future stay. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE: Consumer Advocates – Trip Cancellation Insurance. Please verify all terms and conditions of coverage with the trip cancellation insurance company. It is the guests responsibility to cover themselves in the event they need to cancel or change their vacation plans.
Please note: If we do not have your arrival information 60 days prior to your check-in, there will be a $50 charge applied to your security deposit.
PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS: If you are a U.S. Citizen traveling to the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. John, St. Thomas, St. Croix) you will need Proof of Citizenship; this is a Photo ID and a birth certificate with a raised seal (photo copies are not allowed). *For further information: http://www.travel.state.gov * Please note: If you are traveling to the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. John, St. Thomas, St. Croix) and are planning to do any day trips/day sails to the British Virgin Island or any other Caribbean country you will need a valid U.S. Passport
MAID SERVICE: Our homes/condos do not include maid service. Maid Service may be arranged at an additional cost. Towels, linens, beach towels and paper products are provided for your entire stay. Any additional supplies will need to be purchased by the guest.
HOTEL TAX/SERVICE CHARGE: If traveling to St. John, a 12.5% hotel tax and 5% service charge will be added to your reservation. (When the hotel tax changes all reservations are subject to the tax increase.)
DAMAGE DEPOSITS (Security Deposit): Our Villas and Condos for the island of St. John all require a damage deposit. The deposit is $500-$1500 depending on the property reserved. In most cases this deposit may be applied to a Visa or MasterCard. Our consultants will advise you at the time of booking which policy applies to your rental home. The security deposits are fully refundable within 60 days of your departure, provided there is no breakage, damage, missing items, no charges incurred before, during or after your stay, still outstanding. All normal utilities (except long-distance phone calls or careless or extremely excessive use of your villa’s water supply) are included in your rental price. You hereby agree to pay Caribbean Villas on behalf of the owner of your villa the cleaning or replacement costs for all damages to personal property or to the real estate, which may occur as a result of your occupancy, excluding normal wear and tear. Locked pantries and closets are reserved for the use of the villa owner and are not included in this rental. You as a Guest agree to take all reasonable steps to ensure that your family and other guests in your party adhere to the rules and regulations affecting your villa. All villas are privately owned, so decor, colors and inventories will of course vary. All villas are fully furnished, including an ample supply of bed linens and towels for Guests’ use. Rearranging of furniture or removing any items from the villa is prohibited.
LIABILITY: Caribbean Villas, is acting hereunder as an agent for accommodations, and assumes no liability for property loss or damages, nor liability for injury, accident, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle or the acts of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers to or from their villa. Transportation (airlines, ferries, charter vessels, rental cars and taxis) is supplied by providers who operate independently of Caribbean Villas. We assume no responsibility, therefore, for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property because of the acts of those providers. Furthermore, guests are responsible for their villa during occupancy, and must lock villa windows and doors securely at all times when not on the premises, and must exercise care in securing all personal property. Guests must observe all cautions as given in our blue guest book and/or by your local contact. All Caribbean Villa’s properties are privately owned. The Owner and Caribbean Villas reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at their complete discretion. Any and all disputes will be subject to jurisdiction only in the USVI.
COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Caribbean Villas shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, television/cable service, internet access, appliances, etc. Due to wild fluctuations in our island electrical service and the lack of trained technicians here, we cannot guarantee that hot tubs at villas will operate correctly at all times, and no rebates will be given due to hot tub malfunctions. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problem or damage IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour. No refunds will be considered unless problems are reported and reviewed by our staff during your stay on island.
CONSTRUCTION NOISE: Due to the amount of new villa construction on St. John, it is a possibility that construction may occur near your villa rental. Any construction and the possibility of new construction is outside the control of Caribbean Villas.
ENTRY INTO VILLA: Caribbean Villas or its staff may enter your villa to perform any repairs as necessary. If your villa is on the market for sale, we reserve the right to allow the villa to be shown, but only by advance appointment made with Guest. We will make every effort to schedule such brief showings at a time convenient to you, to respect your privacy, and not interrupt your vacation.
SUBSTITUTION: Caribbean Villas reserves the right to substitute comparable or better accommodations without liability, should the villa reserved be sold, out of order, double booked or be deemed substandard by us for any reason. If comparable accommodations are not available, Guest may receive a complete refund of all pro- rated rent and Hotel Tax/Service Charge paid for the original villa.
CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for (based on two persons per bedroom). Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will not be allowed entry into the villa. Exceptions to this term are made only by management, prior to your arrival dates and for infants under 2 yrs old; if sleeping in a baby crib and not occupying one of the villa’s beds.
QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: Caribbean Villas wishes to maintain a family atmosphere for the quiet enjoyment of Guests. We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties or functions such as weddings are allowed at the villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood.
RATES AND PRINTING ERRORS: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
CHECK IN TIME: St. John – 3:00 p.m. and forward. CHECK-OUT TIME: 10:00 a.m. sharp. PETS: No pets of any kind are allowed in or on the villa premises. A pet or evidence of a pet found on the villa premises will cause immediate eviction and forfeiture of Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
ARRIVALS: For St. John there is one complimentary arrival that brings the arriving guests to the vehicle rental to pick up their reserved vehicle and then escorts the party to their villa. For 8pm -12 midnight arrivals there is a $50 check-in fee. You may schedule additional arrivals as needed for $75 per arrival. Please note: If we do not have your arrival information 60 days prior to your check-in, there will be a $50 charge applied to your security deposit.
CABLE TELEVISION: For St. John, most of the homes have expanded cable, with a few exceptions. Occasionally there is a problem with the cable television service. Caribbean Villas does not have any control over the cable service and repairs are currently taking between 8-14 days to complete.
PHONE SERVICE: ALL LONG DISTANCE PHONE CALLS ARE RESTRICED. We ask all guests to use a calling card to make long distance phone calls.Local calls are free. Occasionally there is a problem with the telephone lines for the villa and condo rentals. Caribbean Villas does not have any control over the telephone company and repairs are currently taking up to 30 days to complete. Rapture and Kalorama only have cell phone service.
CELL PHONE USAGE ALONG THE NORTH SHORE: If you use your cell phone on the north side of the island there is a good chance you will pick up the cell tower on Tortola (British Virgin Islands). If this happens you will be charged for an international call on your cell phone plan. DRUGS AND
HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Guests and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa and illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property.
VILLA, SAFE AND GATE KEYS: Caribbean Villas shall charge Guests $175 for each set of lost or mishandled keys; gate remote controls will be charged at replacement cost. Guest is required to follow all instructions precisely on where to leave your villa keys and gate remote controls when you depart–call if you are unsure!
CONSERVING ELECTRICITY: Due to the cost of electricity doubling, the air-conditioning in our villas/condos will not be turned on when you are checked into your property. At check-in, our staff will be happy to show you how to turn the systems on and off, should you decide to use the air-conditioning. We are requesting that you turn the air-conditioning off in all rooms when not at the villa. It does not take long to cool a room down when you return to the villa. We understand this is your vacation and we want it to be enjoyable and relaxing. Anything you are willing to do will be appreciated in conserving your electrical usage.
SMOKING: All Villas are non-smoking. Guests may be fined up to $150 for smoking violations. GARBAGE REMOVAL: Guests are responsible for removal of all trash from their villa. A $75 fee will be applied to guest’s security deposit if rental agent is required to remove trash left behind. There are numerous dumpsters throughout the island for your use.
CABLE/INTERNET/TELEPHONE/ELECTRICITY: In the Virgin Islands these services may be interrupted. If an interruption occurs the rental manager will report the problem but we have no control over service repairs. There will be no rental refunds due to the interruption of these services. Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile
- Save 10% - Oct. 3 - Nov. 2 & Dec. 8-15, 2018
- Save 5% - Jan. 5 - 31, 2019
Rates are based upon 2 people per bedroom
- In Season Prices
Jan. 5, 2019 – April 12, 2019
$3950/wk for 2 people * $4195/wk for 3 * $4440/wk for 4 * $4685/wk for 5 * $4930/wk for 6
$5175/wk for 7 * $5420/wk for 8
- Off Season Pricing
April 14, 2018 – Dec. 21, 2018
$2345/wk for 2 people * $2555/wk for 3 * $2765/wk for 4 * $2975/wk for 5 * $3185/wk for 6
$3395/wk for 7 * $3605/wk for 8
- Holiday Rates (Flat Rate)
Off Season Rates Apply
(Dec 22 – Jan. 4, 2019)
$6544/wk 2-8 people
- 12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
We began offering this classic Caribbean home in 1992. At that time we described its location as… "quiet, peaceful, private, and splendidly beautiful and unspoiled." Jump ahead to the year 2015, and thanks to the presence of the National Park, our description of Reef Bay is still the same.
Although Reef Bay hasn’t changed much, Virgin Seabreeze certainly has. In 2005-06 this villa was substantially updated and refurbished. All the doors and windows were replaced, air conditioning and flat screen TV/DVDs were added to the bedrooms, a hot tub was installed in a very private and romantic spot, and iPods and Wi-Fi were added. The rooms were refurnished, new stairs to the pool and a new pool deck were installed, and many other updates and improvements were made. In 1992 we said that Virgin Seabreeze; “…easily earns a strong recommendation. First, Seabreeze is a beautiful example of classic Danish architecture on St John, with white masonry buildings, tiled roofs, wooden shutter doors, an antique brick patio and courtyard, gorgeous hand cut stonework, a spacious layout and terraced tropical gardens. Second, the interior of Seabreeze is comfortable and attractive with custom built rattan furniture, cathedral ceilings, white tiled floors, mahogany trim, and precious antique accessories throughout the main house and guest house. Lastly, this attractive home is located on the edge of and looks into, St John's stunningly beautiful National Park. This is a great house for families or couples and the main house makes a romantic and luxurious hideaway for honeymooners and lovers.”
The owners of Seabreeze love their island home and they do whatever is necessary to keep it up to date and maintained in excellent condition. What was true in 1992 is even more true in 2015; this is a comfortable, classic yet modern villa, in a splendidly refreshing and revitalizing location.
- Guest Comments:
- We are back home in Baltimore and although there is a hint of spring, our thoughts aren't far from our amazing experience in St John! My family and I had the vacation of our lives! Virgin Seabreeze is truly a special place in the middle of Paradise! I wrote in the guest book that mere words cannot describe accurately the stunning view from almost every spot in the villa. From waking up to a gorgeous sunrise each morning and being treated to a sun-shimmered Caribbean Sea under a clear blue sky all day, to a moon rise lighting a path across the sea at the end of the day- truly magical! We were spoiled by the comfort and beauty of the villa- everything we could possibly need and more was there, just for us! The porch was a favorite for our meals and we really didn't go out to dinner much because we looked forward to eating together alfresco as we sat at the awesome marble table transfixed by a shining moon and warm Caribbean breezes night after night. Really tough to leave as everyone says' I'm sure. Will we return? We can only dream about it now but hope springs eternal! Also, your staff was wonderful from the start of the trip planning to the end. Everyone was helpful, attentive to my emails, organized, professional and so very patient and friendly! The island greeter and personnel were super nice and helpful throughout our stay when we had questions. The Caribbean Villa staff helped to make this a perfect vacation.
- We really enjoyed our time at Virgin Seabreeze! The patio area is the best we have ever experienced in our previous stays! We literally lived out there! I loved that we faced east and experienced sunrises and moon rises each day. The house was well appointed and very comfortable. Thank you!
- We wanted to let you know we had a terrific vacation at Virgin Seabreeze! It was a lovely villa that suited our needs perfectly. The outdoor living areas are beautiful and the local art is lovely! Thank you!
- As usual, we had a wonderful time staying in Virgin Seabreeze. It is a great place and we love staying there and this was our 5th time staying at Virgin Seabreeze over the holidays! Thank you again!
- It's nice to hear from you again and I would like to take the opportunity to let you know that my wife Jennifer and I had an absolutely wonderful vacation in St John last week and couldn't have been more pleased with our experience dealing with your company and with our villa (Virgin Seabreeze). Everything about the villa was fantastic, and we were very impressed with how clean the villa and entire property were upon our arrival. In addition, we really appreciated the guided drive to the villa from Curtis on our first day and also the welcome bag of snacks was an unexpected surprise! We are already looking forward to our next trip to St John and we would not hesitate to rent from Caribbean Villas again in the future
- I wanted to write back to you about our stay at Virgin Seabreeze. Your staff members at Caribbean Villas in St. John truly did a wonderful job and were so attentive during our stay. We had a couple of "glitches" that could not have been anticipated but were very quickly addressed by your staff.-- an air conditioner unit where a breaker "tripped" was addressed immediately. Once again, we were so impressed!!! Virgin Seabreeze is a fabulous home, and walking into it to start our vacation was so wonderful with the cut garden flowers and the extraordinary cleanliness of the house. I can't imagine a more perfect place for our vacation. We'll be in touch about our plans for next year. Once again, thank you so much to your staff there on the island for their fantastic service and for helping to make our vacation this year so wonderful.
- We have nothing but good things to say about our stay at Virgin Seabreeze. We found the villa in good order, very clean and lovely towels and linens. When the oven would not ignite, we called and there was a man there in 30 minutes to put in a new propane tank. The pool and hot tube were clean and well maintained. You gave us a very accurate description of the path to the beach and because of that we were prepared for its challenges. Thank you. We would hope to deal with you again someday.