Villa Rendezvous was built in 1994 and was remodeled and completely refurnished in 2004 /05 (see Caribbean Villa Comments). This spacious 2-level design is well suited to the needs of a vacation home. You enter the house through mahogany doors that open to the upper level great room and the dining and kitchen area. The south wall of the great room is lined with sliding glass doors that open to the oversized pool and the sundeck, which runs the entire length of the villa. The 2 large bedrooms on the upper level are on either side of the great room and also open to the sundeck and water views. The roomy lower level bedrooms are also very private and are accessed by both interior and exterior stairs. Each lower bedroom has a lovely tiled patio that is perfect for a slow coffee on a quiet morning, or some private sunbathing.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 7
- Bed Description: 5 Kings, 2 Sofa Beds
- Bathrooms: 4
- Property Location: Klein Bay
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: 3000 sq. ft. (approx.)
- Year Property Complete: 2005-refurnished
- Beach: Klein Bay
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 40 x 17 x 5-6+ ft deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: It's a 10 minute drive to the shops, restaurants and grocery stores in Cruz Bay.
- Living Dining: The air conditioned living/dining/kitchen area opens to an oversized pool and tiled deck through large sliding glass doors that disappear into recessed walls. With the sliding doors open the fully tiled deck and interior areas merge to create a uniquely enjoyable and relaxing indoor/outdoor living area. Well designed roof overhangs, ceiling fans, the trade winds, and a/c keep the interior of the house comfortably cool even though the pool and sundeck are bathed in sunshine from 9 until 5 each day. The living room contains wicker and rattan upholstered furniture as well as a 34" cable color TV/DVD and stereo/cassette/CD and telephone.
- Kitchen: The kitchen contains attractive mahogany cabinets accented by white counters. It is fully equipped, including a gas range, dishwasher, microwave, blender, toaster, coffee maker and a complete assortment of dishes, cookware and serverware. A washer/dryer is located off the kitchen. The interior dining table seats 6-8 while two poolside dining tables each seat 4-6.
- Bedroom Details: The four large bedrooms were completely refurnished in 2005 and now all have a lovely and romantic essence. The bedrooms are located on both levels and on opposite ends of the house to insure complete privacy. The 2 upper bedrooms open to the pool deck, while the lower bedrooms both open to handsome and very private tiled patios. The lower bedrooms are accessed by 2 interior spiral staircases plus a tiled exterior stairway. All bedrooms have king beds and water views, but they do differ somewhat, as follows: - The Sakura Room (upper left) has a king bed (sleeps 2). - The Serengeti Room (lower left) has 2 king beds (sleeps 4). - The Atlantis Room (upper right) has a king bed plus a queen size sofa bed (sleeps 4). - The Island Room (lower right) has a king bed plus a single bed from a chair and a half (sleeps 4). All bedrooms have private tiled baths, air conditioning and cable color TV/DVD's and the bath of the Atlantis room includes a whirlpool tub.
Villa Rendezvous is located in Klein Bay, a quiet and lovely little cove that forms the east side of the bay known as Rendezvous Bay, on the south shore of St. John. Because Villa Rendezvous was one of the first waterfront villas to be built in this very exclusive neighborhood, it enjoys one of the few, and one of the best, waterfront locations. It is an easy walk to the small pebble beach at Klein Bay and you can swim or snorkel over to the white sand beach at Ditliff Point. There’s also good snorkeling along the point and in the turquoise waters below your villa. The villa itself faces south and basks in soft breezes and sun the entire day. The scenic view sweeps 180 degrees and includes St. Croix, 30 miles to the south and the coastal hills of St. John to the west. It is an easy 12 – 15 minute drive to the restaurants, shops and supermarket in Cruz Bay, all on paved roads.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$5250/wk for 2 people * $5800/wk 3-4 * $6350/wk 5-6 * $6900/wk 7-8 * $7450/wk 9-10 * $8000/wk 11-12
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$3950/wk for 2 people * $4500/wk 3-4 * $5050/wk 5-6 * $5600/wk 7-8 * $6150/wk 9-10 * $6700/wk 11-12
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax
- Damage Deposit
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
We have rented Villa Rendezvous since 1994 and it has consistently been a very popular villa. Although there are numerous qualities that make this an excellent home, three features really stand out:
- Rendezvous enjoys a quiet, scenic and superb waterfront location,
- It has an oversized (40 x 17 foot) pool and a spacious south facing sundeck that adjoins the great room and,
- All 4 bedrooms are big and comfortable and provide maximum privacy for couples and families.
In 2004/05 Rendezvous was remodeled and completely refurnished and the result is a substantially more appealing, more comfortable and luxurious villa. On the outside, private tiled and landscaped patios were added to the two lower bedroom suites, and new stone stairs were installed to access the lower bedrooms. The sundeck was re-tiled, a child safe railing was installed and new stone walls and landscaping were added. Inside, the most noticeable interior improvements are the tasteful new furnishings throughout the house. In addition, new floor tile and air conditioning was installed in every room, including the great room. Wireless hi-speed internet access is now available and cable TV was added to every bedroom. Each bedroom has a distinctly different decor and the overall effect is quite lovely.
In sum, our guests have consistently rated Rendezvous as a thoroughly enjoyable villa, “…a great house at a good price.” With a generous infusion of money as well as design and decorating talent in 04/05, Rendezvous’ rating and its guest reviews have gotten even better. If Rendezvous is unavailable, tale a look at Jazz Villa for a nearly identical floor plan and design.