Villa Hibiscus and its neighbor Villa del Sol, are two vacation homes that are located in Virgin Grand Estates. Completed in 1995, Villa Hibiscus has a 2500 square foot living area, 3 bedrooms with private tiled baths, a modern and completely equipped kitchen, a formal dining room and a poolside dining table, and its most valued features, magnificent views coupled with undisturbed privacy and abundant peace and quiet.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 4
- Bed Description: 2 Kings, 2 Twins
- Bathrooms: 3.5
- Property Location: Virgin Grand Estates
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: n/a
- Year Property Complete: 1995
- Beach: the Westin's beach down below
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 23' x 20' x 4.5 ft deep
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: 10-15 minute drive to Cruz Bay on all paved roads.
- Living Dining: A cathedral ceiling with skylights and 20' wide glass doors create a well lit and cheerful interior. The living room is enriched by plush upholstered furniture and Italian marble floors. A powerful zoned air conditioning system ensures cool comfort, or if you prefer, open the screened doors and enjoy the soothing tradewinds. The entertainment center includes a 48" flat screen TV/DVD with surround sound and a Sony stereo with casette and CD player, or step outside and enjoy the heavenly Caribbean sunshine and a 23' pool with a granite waterfall. The kitchen opens to an outdoor covered dining patio with a gas barbecue grill and table for six. If you prefer to dine inside, the formal dining room seats 6-8 in a charming setting.
- Kitchen: The modern kitchen is completely equipped and includes an electric stove and oven, microwave, refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, garbage disposal, blender, coffeemaker and all necessary cookware and dinnerware. Marble floors and washed oak cabinets are handsomely accented by teal Corian style counter tops, while a counter/bar seats four on bar stools. A washer/dryer and telephone are included.
- Bedroom Details: The master bedroom (king) is the larger and has its own stereo/cassette/cd system, a bar/refrigerator, and a romantic private balcony that is perfect for sunsets or stargazing. The second bedroom has two twin beds while the third bedroom has a king bed, private entrance and a bar/refrigerator. All bedrooms have great views, a/c, cable color tv/dvd player (32” flat screen tv in the master and 20” flat screen tv in the guest bedrooms), a telephone and a private Italian marble bath with shower.
Villa Hibiscus enjoys a superb location on one of the choicest lots within a privately owned large parcel of land on Gifft Hill. It is located 600 feet above the Caribbean in an unusually peaceful and exclusive setting, with truly spectacular day and evening views of distant islands and azure seas. The sunset views are also top rated, undoubtedly one of the best on the island.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$4400/wk for 2-6 people
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2870/wk for 2-4 people * $3465/wk 5-6
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
As you turn onto the red brick road of the Virgin Grand Estates and wind your way up through peaceful subtropical forest, the privacy and natural beauty that envelops you hints at the unique and wonderful vacation experience that awaits you. Soon a majestic view opens up and a gorgeous house appears before you; you have arrived at Hibiscus.
This lovely villa offers everything essential for luxurious island living including an exclusive and private setting with knockout views, a spacious and plush interior with marble floors, a marble pool and sun deck, a Sony entertainment system and colorful tropical landscaping. Hibiscus is also one of the very few villas (and the most luxurious) that we offer with total air conditioning. With the addition of Hibiscus and its twin sister, Villa del Sol, the Virgin Grand family has a new standard by which luxury and privacy will be measured. If a relaxing vacation in a modern and sumptuous island home is what you seek, take a close look at Hibiscus, it's a proven winner with our guests. If Hibiscus is booked for the times you desire, check the availability of its neighbor and nearly identical twin, Villa del Sol.
- Guest Comments:
- We had a fantastic time staying at Villa Hibiscus and enjoying a very relaxing time on St. John's. When we arrived, we connected with Shamal (?) who did a great job encouraging me as as I expressed misgivings about being able to drive the rental car on the left! When we arrived at the Villa, we couldn't believe that it was so beautiful. I celebrated my birthday while we were there. My family bought me a book about the plant life in the Caribbean so I was able to wander around the grounds identifying the beautiful plants landscaping the Villa. The pool was perfect and contributed to the panoramic view from the living room; Jean especially enjoyed the sight of the lights of St. Thomas at night. The beds were most comfortable and what a nice touch to have the red bougainvillaeas decorating the villa throughout the interior when we arrived. We cooked in about 60% of the time, alternating with eating in town or at the beaches. Your office was helpful in directing me to resources and opportunities. We hired a cab driver that the office mentioned to take us to Coral Bay one day which allowed me to take my eyes off the road and enjoy the scenery; he was also helpful in giving historical comments and comments on the local scene. The weather was perfect-always 82 degrees with a pleasant breeze. We loved being up high on the hill, able to see so much. To sum it up, as Jean said the last few days we were there, "I don't want to go home!" Thanks for the wonderful opportunity!