Villa Del Sol and Villa Hibiscus were both designed and built by the same developer who built the Hyatt Virgin Grand of St John (now the 4 star Westin Resort). Completed in 1995, this 2-story villa incorporates many of the appealing features of the luxury hotel that is its pedigree, such as a color coordinated designer interior, zoned air conditioning and lush landscaping. You park just outside your door and enter into a foyer off the large living room with its towering cathedral ceiling. The pool, sundeck, living, dining and kitchen areas, plus the two guest bedrooms, are all on the ground level. Interior stairs lead up to the 2nd level with the large master bedroom/bath and the upper deck with its fantastic views.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 4
- Bed Description: 2 Kings, 2 Twins convert to King
- Bathrooms: 3.5
- Property Location: Virgin Grand Estates
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: n/a
- Year Property Complete: 1995
- Beach: The beach below at the Westin Hotel
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 23' x 20' x 4.5 ft deep
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: 10-15 minute drive to Cruz Bay on all paved roads.
- Living Dining: With its 25 foot tall cathedral ceiling and 20' wide glass doors, this impressive living area is well lit and cheerful and provides wonderful views. The entertainment center includes wall mounted 70" flat screen cable TV/DVD/DVR, a Sony stereo/CD and an iPod dock and speakers, or step outside and enjoy the heavenly Caribbean sunshine and a 23' saltwater pool. The formal dining room seats 6-8 in a charming setting. For outdoor dining, the kitchen opens to an outdoor covered dining patio with a gas barbeque grill and table for six.
- Kitchen: The modern kitchen is completely equipped and includes new cabinetry and stainless steel applliances including an electric stove and oven, microwave, refrigerator/freezer and dishwasher. The kitchen also includes a garbage disposal, blender, coffeemaker and all necessary cookware and dinnerware. Marble floors and washed oak cabinets are handsomely accented by teal corian style counter-tops, while a counter/bar seats four on bar stools. A washer/dryer and cordless phone are included.
- Bedroom Details: The master bedroom (king bed) is the largest and most private of the three bedrooms. It is on the 2nd level and is accessed by interior stairs. This bedroom has a 46” TV and private deck which makes for a perfect spot for sunsets and stargazing. The second bedroom (king bed) has been newly tiled and has a private entrance or there is also a connecting doorway from the twin bedroom. This bedroom has a 65” TV. The third bedroom has been newly tiled and has two twin beds and a 38” TV. All three bedrooms were redone in with new wall colors and linens. All the bedrooms have great views, a/c, cable color TV, a telephone and a private Italian marble bath with shower.
Villa del Sol, along with its only neighbor Villa Hibiscus, enjoys a superb location within the very upscale Virgin Grand Estates. Villa Del Sol and Villa Hibiscus occupy two of the finest lots in this exclusive neighborhood of luxury homes. Although this location provides very good privacy and serenity, you are within walking distance of outstanding villas such as Kalorama, Rapture and Vista Caribe. Villa Del Sol is located about 600 feet above Great Cruz Bay and the day and evening views of distant islands and azure seas are truly spectacular, while the sunset views are undoubtedly some of the best on St. John. This is a sun lover’s villa, with sun on your deck from 9 am to sunset, although there is a shaded deck area off the kitchen. Del Sol provides a wonderful sense of tranquility and intimacy, yet directly below you lies the palm tree shaded beach and spa of the Westin, while the restaurants and shops of Cruz Bay are only a 10-15 minute drive on paved roads.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- SAVE 20% September 21 - October 14, 2017
- SAVE 15% October 21 - 28, 2017
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$4349/wk for 2-6 people
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2870/wk for 2-4 people * $3465/wk 5-6
Thanksgiving- Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
As you turn onto the red brick road of the Virgin Grand Estates and wind your way through peaceful subtropical forest, the privacy and natural beauty that envelops you hints at the unique vacation experience that awaits you. After you’ve traveled about a half mile into the Virgin Grand Estates you arrive at Villa Del Sol.
Villa Del Sol was one of the first villas built in the Virgin Grand Estates and had the first choice of lots, so it enjoys an exclusive and private setting at the very top of the Virgin Grand. Villa Del Sol is an attractive home and it has been well maintained since it was built in 1995. The latest improvements were made in 2009, when the living room and all three bedrooms were remodeled and refurnished. Villa Del Sol continues to offer everything essential for luxurious island living, including:
- Magnificent southwest views from inside or outside your villa, including picturesque daytime views, wonderful sunsets and romantic evening views of St. Thomas,
- A 70” wall mounted flat screen TV/DVD/DVR in the living room, plus high speed internet, a stereo/CD, and an iPod dock and speakers,
- A 23 foot salt water pool surrounded by a marble sundeck that is bathed in sun from 9 am until sunset. For outdoor relaxing in the shade, there is a covered sitting area,
Villa Del Sol is a good choice for one or more couples and this design also accommodates families in comfort and privacy. If Villa Del Sol is booked for the times you desire, check the availability of its neighbor and nearly identical twin, Villa Hibiscus, and its cousin Sunset Vista.
- Guest Comments:
- Thank you!! We had a wonderful vacation at Villa del Sol!
- As always we had a wonderful time in St John and we enjoyed Villa del Sol very much. The house was extremely comfortable and well-equipped. Thank you!
- Thank you for another wonderful vacation! Having stayed at Villa del Sol before we wanted to let the owners know how much we appreciated the new deck and more open views. You can be in the pool now and see St. Thomas. Just a nice experience! We look forward to coming back!!