Terrahawk is a handsome 2-bedroom design with terra cotta tiled floors throughout, vaulted ceilings and interior and exterior stone walls. You park on the lower level and ascend a flight of stairs to the partially covered exterior deck, which stretches for 50 feet along the west side of the villa. From the deck you enter the 350 sq.ft. great room, which is flanked by a bedroom on either side. The great room includes the living and interior dining areas plus the kitchen and a small patio behind the kitchen. Screened sliding glass doors open to the deck from the great room and each of the bedrooms.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 2
- Bed Description: 2 Queens
- Bathrooms: 2
- Property Location: Hawksnest Bay
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: N/A
- Year Property Complete: Waterfront
- Beach: Walk to Hawksnest
- Pool: No
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $50 Non-Refundable Security Deposit Waiver
- Distance To Town: 5 minute drive to Cruz Bay.
- Living Dining: The air conditioned living area is furnished in colorful wicker furniture and is defined by a handsome stone wall and a 15 foot wall of sliding glass doors. A satellite TV with DVD/VCR and a stereo/CD provide the electronic entertainment. Dining, especially after dark, is a real island treat. You may dine either inside at a table for 4, or at a table for four on the deck. There is a gas grill on the deck for the mandatory lunch and dinner barbecues.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is separated from the living area by a handsome stone and mahogany bar. The kitchen contains a 4-burner electric stove and oven, refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, blender, toaster, coffeemaker, cookware, etc. There is also a washer/dryer.
- Bedroom Details: Both bedrooms are air conditioned with queen beds and both have a tiled bath with a garden shower. Nine foot screened glass doors open to the deck and let the soothing tropical breezes remind you of why you love nights on this island.
The uniqueness and beauty of Terrahawk is due primarily to its outstanding location. Terrahawk sits about 90 feet above Hawksnest Bay, along St. Johns fabulous north shore in the V.I. National Park. Hawksnest Bay has two superb beaches, and the beach below you is East Hawksnest, also called Gibney Beach. Because it has almost no parking, Gibney Beach is one of St. Johns least used, A-rated beaches, and you are one of about 5 homes that can walk to this white sand beach with turquoise waters, palm trees and, of course, no hotels or condos.
The other great features of this location are the gorgeous views and the pristine, naturalist setting. From your deck you view Hawksnest Bay in the foreground, with Lovango, Mingo, and Thatch Cays and the islands of Hans Lollick and St. Thomas in the background. The villa faces west which insures daytime sun on your deck, romantic sunsets, and the distant lights of St. Thomas at night.
Although the tranquility and unspoiled nature of this location makes it seems remote, it is an easy and very scenic 5-minute drive on paved roads into the shops and restaurants of Cruz Bay.
- All payments are non-refundable.
- This villa has a $50 non-refundable security deposit waiver which covers up to the first $500 in accidental damage. Damage must be reported to the local office while you are on island, otherwise it will not be covered.
- There is a $50 check-in fee for all arrivals on 9pm to midnight boat.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2018 – Apr. 15, 2019
$4200/wk for 2-4 people
- Off Season Pricing
April 16, 2018 – Dec. 15, 2018
$2800/wk for 2-4 people
- Holiday Rates (Flat Rate)
(Nov 17-Nov 24, 2018)
$3300/wk 2-4 people
(Dec 17 – Jan. 4, 2019)
$5300/wk 2-4 people
- 12.5% Hotel tax
- Damage Deposit
$50 non-refundable damage waiver
(covers up to the 1st $500 in accidental damage that could occur during your stay. The damage must be reported while on island for it to be covered.)
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Terrahawks driveway is on the north shore road at Hawksnest Bay, across the road from the entrance to Gibney Beach. It is this exceptional location that makes Terrahawk a rare find among St. John villas. You are a short walk from one of the most beautiful beaches in the Caribbean - Gibney Beach - a superb white beach bordered by coconut palms, calm turquoise waters and the green hills of the National Park. There is only parking for 5-6 cars at Gibney Beach and you cannot park on the road, so the beach remains pristine, beautiful and little used.
Terrahawks proximity to Hawksnest Bay is one great feature, and so is its location within the National Park. Terrahawk offers excellent tranquility and privacy, plus beautiful views of Hawksnest Bay and the Caribbean. As the day winds down you can look forward to a stunning sunset over St. Thomas. At night there is even less traffic on the north shore road and because you are surrounded by the Park, Terrahawk takes on a very peaceful, quiet, and seemingly remote character, but you are only 5-minutes from Cruz Bay.
If you are a beach lover or naturalist, this is an ideal spot. Outside your villa the beauties of nature surround you, but inside you are in a comfort zone with full screens and a/c in every room, plus satellite TV/DVD and a stereo/CD. This is a delightful villa for 2 couples or a small family and it is also a very private and romantic spot that is ideal for honeymooners or lovers celebrating a special occasion. Compared to other north shore homes, such as the villas that we offer at Peter Bay, Terrahawk is also very affordable.
- Guest Comments:
- We had a wonderful time! The house was fabulous! We fell in love with St John and cannot wait to go back!