Summerwind consists of 2 buildings, each with 2 levels. You park above the villa and descend a beautiful stone stairway to the pool and sundeck, which separate the two structures. The hot tub is also located on the sundeck, tucked into a private corner on the rear of the deck. The pool and sundeck were sited to capture sun most of the day, but the big (36 ft) covered deck provides a lovely outdoor shaded area with superb views for those who want to stay out of the sun. On the upper floor of the building on the left (the main house) are the living room, dining area and kitchen and the large covered deck. The roomy master bedroom is on the upper level of the second building and the other 3 bedrooms are on the lower levels of both buildings. All lower level bedrooms are accessed by exterior stairs.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 4
- Bed Description: 1 King, 3 Queens
- Bathrooms: 4.5
- Property Location: Bordeaux Mountain
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 2400 sq/ft
- Year Property Complete: 2004
- Beach: Nat. Park - 15 min. drive
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 10 x 20 x 5 ft deep
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: It's a 12 -15 minute drive to Cruz Bay or Coral Bay. It's an 6-7 minute drive to the north shore road to access the National Park Beaches.
- Living Dining: The living room is stylish and comfortable with a/c, marble floors, a cathedral ceiling and appealing island décor. As you enter the great room there is a wet bar and desk/work area off the deck while the kitchen is at the opposite end. there is a 42" flatscreen TV/DVD, stereo/CD, plus internet in the living room. Screened sliding glass doors open to the great views and a 36’ covered deck that faces the British Virgin Islands. The deck has a table for 4-6 or you can dine inside at the table in the dining area.
- Kitchen: The kitchen has a clean and modern look and is provided with a 4-burner gas stove and oven, a refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, blender, coffeemaker, toaster and all other kitchen ware necessary to prepare and serve tantalizing meals for 2-8 persons. There is a gas grill on the deck and a laundry room with a washer/dryer.
- Bedroom Details: All the bedrooms are fully screened and air conditioned and all have private tiled baths and views of the water. The master bedroom (king bed) is down a few stairs off the pool deck. This bedroom is larger than the other three bedrooms and with its marble floors, cathedral ceiling and appealing décor it is quite lovely and romantic. The master has a marble tiled bath with a tiled indoor shower and a stone outdoor shower. The three guest bedrooms all have queen beds, are fully screened and are similar in size and décor.
On the drive from Cruz Bay to Coral Bay, and a few miles before you reach Coral Bay, you pass over Bordeaux Mountain. At an elevation of 1200 feet Bordeaux is St John’s highest mountain, and it is also the site of some very private luxury villas. Summerwind is located in a peaceful and unspoiled location on Bordeaux Mountain, only about a ¼ mile off Centerline Road (St. John’s main road). At an elevation of about 1000 feet, the down island views and clothing optional privacy and tranquility are excellent. The view overlooks Coral Bay, the east end of St. John, the Sir Francis Drake Channel and many of the British Virgin Islands. It sweeps from Sandy Key in the northwest, past Tortola and Virgin Gorda and the other British islands that lie to the east.
Despite being in a pristine location, Summerwind is a paved 15-20 minute drive into Cruz Bay, 10-15 minutes into the smaller town of Coral Bay and a 10-15 minute drive to the National Park beaches on the North Shore.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 17, 2016 – April 20, 2018
$4375/wk for 2 * $4690/wk 3-4 * $5005/wk 5-6 * $5355/wk 7-8
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
Saturday to Saturday Rentals only.
- Off Season Pricing
April 23, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2380/wk for 2 people * $2800/wk 3-4 * $3150/wk 5-6 * $3535/wk 7-8
$3535wk 2-8 people
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
Saturday to Saturday Rentals only.
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
- Saturday to Saturday Rentals only
Exceptions subject to owner approval of dates – please call or email to inquire
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Summerwind was built in 2004 in one of the most upscale and convenient neighborhoods in the Bordeaux Mountain area. It’s a private and tranquil area, with only three 2-3 million dollar homes (as of March, 2014) sharing this neighborhood. From any room of Summerwind the views are superb, and the pool and sundeck were thoughtfully sited to capture the views plus lots of sun throughout the day.
The amenities and desirable features list for this home are impressive:
A 20’ pool
A 4-person hot tub
Air conditioning in all the rooms
Excellent privacy in a peaceful and quiet neighborhood
Wonderful views of blue seas and distant islands as far as you can see
Restaurants, groceries and National Park beaches that are a 1-3 mile drive on paved roads
Summerwind is owned by a family with 3 children under the age of 10. The entire family often stays at Summerwind and they love it, so it works well for families. This is also a good choice for couples, and the pool, hot tub and private and romantic location make this a fine choice for lovers and honeymooners.
- Guest Comments:
- Everything was great! Summerwind is a lovely home with great views and nice rooms all around. Thank you for the wonderful vacation!
- My family and I really enjoyed our trip! Summerwind was a wonderful villa with wonderful views and we enjoyed it immensely! Thank you!!
- Thank you for the wonderful vacation! Summerwind was everything we were looking for and the Bordeaux Moutain region is wonderful! Views are amazing.....great breezes and the privacy! Thank you!
- Just wanted to let you know how much we loved Summerwind. The photos truely do not do this house justice. It is a huge value for what it offers. We had a great trip.
- Good Morning. probably would have done a note eventually re my experience with Caribbean Villas and Summerwind, but your "welcome home" message prompted an immediate deserved response. Little background. Wife and I are last minute travelers to stj, this was my 14th trip since 2004. We fly standby on delta out of Atlanta and expect value for our lodging. Until this trip, newer used Caribbean Villas, perhaps mix of concern for 5% fee your co charges or not having availability in villa than met our needs (some times only 2 of us, never more than 4 and sometimes shorter than 1 week stays though our average probably is 7 nites). A couple yrs ago we stayed at a villa, Casa Bueno, next door to Summerwind, we loved area and had read great thinks about Summerwind, so she was added to our list of suspects. As we planned this trip (with same couple that were on stay at casab), the villa selection for the end of high season was limited, but there was opening at Summerwind. Started inquiring via email and also had calls with Kris re Summerwind and mechanics of booking a last minute reservation at Summerwind if the schedule stayed good for our dates. Kris's responses and courtesies were exceptional. I was not treated as a "tire kicker" as has been done by a couple of stj agencies, but rather as a long time friend who could not do enough to help me. when we were comfortable booking on 4/2, 2 days before dept, Kris again was ready to make the process easy. As a frequent visitor with knowledge of area of Summerwind, we arranged with our greater, Terry, for timely access to villa and she too was most gracious and helpful. Summerwind was all we expected and more. All that to say this. Our trip was a breeze and most enjoyable due to Caribbean Villas, her staff, Summerwind and Terry. Admitted the natural beauty of stj added a special flavor. When we plan another trip, while we have several other villas that will get a look see on availability and rates, Caribbean Villas and her many villas will get detailed looks and will win all ties when a decision is made. Another point your web site is very user friendly and is head and shoulders above the competition. For folks like us, your 'last minute discount links" and fast availability links sure make my work easy. Have a good day and please pass my thank yous on to Kris and Terry.
- Summerwind was great. We enjoyed the villa and the view! Can't wait to go back.