The Stonehouse is a spacious 2900 sq/ft, one level home with 3 bedrooms and 2 baths, all surrounded by a sea of colorful tropical flowers. StoneHouse is an excellent example of classic Caribbean architecture with hand cut native stone walls; terra cotta tiled floors throughout, 10 foot tall mahogany doors, lush bountiful interior gardens, multiple decks and patios with beautiful views, and cathedral ceilings with ceiling fans and screened skylights. You park above the house and descend steps to the entry patio. To your left is the 1200 sq/ft great room with the living, dining and kitchen areas and a deck that runs the entire 30 foot length of the great room. Beyond the great room on the left is the guest bedroom/bath with twin beds plus a very private deck. To the right of the entry patio are the master bedroom and the adjoining library bedroom, both of which share a large bath.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 6
- Bed Description: 1 King, 1 Queen, 4 Twins
- Bathrooms: 2
- Property Location: Great Cruz Bay (Harbor)
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: n/a
- Year Property Complete: n/a
- Beach: Westin Beach
- Pool: No
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, Library bedroom only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: No
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: It's a 5 minute drive to the shops, restaurants and grocery stores in Cruz Bay.
- Living Dining: The roomy living and dining areas are comfortably furnished with rattan furniture, including a couch, loveseat and 3 club chairs. The great room doors are 8.5 feet tall and 25 feet wide and open to reveal beautiful views of sailboats at anchor highlighted by flaming sunsets and the twinkling lights of St Thomas. A glass topped wicker dining table seats 6-8, while a breakfast table seating 4-6 is set among the profuse foliage of the interior gardens. The entertainment package includes a 31” flat screen TV/DVD, wireless high speed internet and a stereo/cd.
- Kitchen: The kitchen has tiled countertops with mahogany cabinets and is fully equipped with a cook top stove, a double oven with traditional and cook top ovens, dishwasher, trash compactor, s/s refrigerator/freezer, coffeemaker, blender and a complete assortment of cookware, server ware and dinnerware. A tiled countertop/bar with icemaker and sink separates the kitchen from the other living areas, while a washer/dryer is located off the kitchen.
- Bedroom Details: The over-sized master bedroom (300 sq/ft) has a king bed and fully screened sliding doors that open to lovely harbor views and a private 200 sq/ft deck that also overlooks the harbor. The library bedroom (queen bed) is so named because it formerly was the library. It adjoins the master bedroom and also has a harbor view. The master and the library bedrooms both share an oversized tiled bath with a garden shower and a screened skylight. The second guest bedroom (2 twin beds) enjoys great privacy on the opposite end of the house. It too is large (250 sq/ft) and has screened doors with lovely harbor views, plus an adjoining bath with a tiled garden shower and skylight.
StoneHouse enjoys an upscale and very convenient location in Great Cruz Bay. This is a preferred and well-established neighborhood that consists of expensive waterfront villas like Tennis Villa, Gull Cottage and Splash. Stonehouse sits on a large west facing lot with views of the harbor, St Thomas and blazing sunsets. This is a private and peaceful location, yet it’s a 5 minute walk to a white sand beach with swimming and boating in the calm Caribbean waters at the Westin Resort. For dining options, it’s an enjoyable walk to a beach side restaurant/bar under swaying palms at the Westin, or it’s a 5 minute drive to the restaurants, bars and fine shopping in the nearby village of Cruz Bay.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$3218/wk for 2-4 people * $3393/wk for 5 * $3568/wk for 6
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$1863/wk for 2-4 people * $2038/wk for 5 * $2213/wk for 6
Thanksgiving – Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
The StoneHouse is a classic stone beauty that offers roomy comfort, lovely sunsets and picturesque harbor views, and a very convenient location that is an easy walk to swimming, snorkeling, boating, restaurants and the spa services at the Westin Resort. StoneHouse sits on a very private and large (one acre) lot among luxuriant gardens in one of St John's preferred neighborhoods, and it will accommodate 4-6 persons in a classic style of Caribbean comfort. This is a good choice for parents with kids who may desire the activities of the nearby Westin. StoneHouse offers a lot of traditional Caribbean charm, and if you can get by without a pool, this villa is an excellent value for 1 - 2 couples or a family with 1-4 kids.