Splash was originally built as a custom designed beach house, and it has recently been remodeled to become a much more refined villa. With its floor to ceiling stone walls, wide board mahogany floors, skylights, antique and custom built furniture, interior and exterior gardens, and lovely décor Splash has become a very appealing and exceedingly enjoyable vacation home. This is essentially a one level home, with the crow’s nest bedroom being the only room on the upper level. You enter into the great room, with its interior pool, kitchen, dining and living areas, all with wonderful views and a very tasteful décor, and all at ground level. The master bedroom and the guest bedroom are located on opposite ends of the great room and offer excellent privacy. Splash has three distinct deck/patios plus a small beach area. The main deck is located off the great room and has exquisite views, comfortable furniture and dining for 6 at an umbrella table. A half level below the sun deck on the east side of Splash is a private patio that is tucked away under tall palm trees. This romantic hideaway contains the basics for island limin (relaxing); an outdoor shower, a hammock and a table for 4. The sun patio is also a half level below the great room and consists of sand, lounge chairs, sunshine and great harbor views. The Caribbean is a half level below the patios and is accessed by stairs that descend from the storm surge stone wall.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 5
- Bed Description: 1 King, 2 Twins, Bunk Bed, 1 Double
- Bathrooms: 3
- Property Location: Great Cruz Bay (harbor)
- Proximity: Beachfront
- Property Size: n/a
- Year Property Complete: n/a
- Beach: Yes, small sandy
- Pool: Yes
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, 3 bedrooms only, No A.C in Crowsnest bedroom
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: 5 minute drive to Cruz Bay; 5 minute walk to Westin Resort.
- Living Dining: The living room has very comfortable, sink – into - it furniture to snuggle into and enjoy the view. A wall of windows looks out on the harbor and a screened door off the living room opens to the main deck and its cushioned sofa chairs. For entertainment, this room includes a 37 inch high definition TV with DVD and VCR, and a stereo with a 5 disc CD. (The main living area at Splash does not have a/c. ) For exterior dining you have a choice of dining outside on the sun deck at the table for 4-6 (photo 5) or under the palms at a private and cozy table for 4 (photo 2). The interior dining room is one of our favorites on St John (photo 11). It is a step below the kitchen and a few steps above the water, with a teak table that seats 6-8. There are screens on three sides of the dining room, so the picture postcard views surround you and the soft breezes caress you. As you sit here in the morning, coffee in hand, and with the early sunshine reflecting off the boats in the harbor, the feeling of peacefulness and tranquility is just magic. This is a great place to start another day in the islands. At night, with the water 25 feet from your table, it’s like dining on a boat in the harbor, without the roll. This is a very memorable and romantic place to dine.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is separated from the pool area and living room by a large mahogany bar, complete with bar chairs and a comical cookie jar with questionable manners. This is a fully equipped kitchen with a refrigerator, 4-burner gas range and oven, dishwasher, microwave oven, blender, toaster, coffee maker, etc. There is a washer/dryer off the kitchen and a gas barbecue grill on the deck.
- Bedroom Details: The bedrooms are decorated in a colorful Caribbean style. There are 3 bedrooms which have interior access. The air conditioned master bedroom has a romantic décor with a king bed, stone walls, cathedral ceiling, cable TV and tiled bath and shower. The air conditioned guest bedroom has 2 twins that convert to a king. The newly added 3rd bedroom has a/c and 1 set of bunk beds. This 3rd bedroom is a great option for families traveling with young children. The exterior access crowsnest bedroom has to be one of St. John’s most unique and fascinating bedrooms. It’s on the upper (rooftop) level and is accessed by a spiral stair case. The view is superb, and the décor is vibrant and tropical. The master bedroom, twin guest bedroom and crowsnest bedroom are quite private and each has a tiled bath and shower.
- Pool Description: The pool at Splash is different; it’s inside the villa and is bordered by floor to ceiling stone walls with a large skylight directly above. The tropical sun beams in and warms the stone walls which then act as a heat sink to keep the water comfortably warm well into the night. There are relaxing seats built into the pool and guests tell us that they spend hours in the pool, mostly at night, just sitting, drinking, talking and enjoying this unique setting.
Splash is located in a highly desirable beachfront setting a few feet from the tranquil, sparkling waters of Great Cruz Bay Harbor. This is an upscale neighborhood of luxury villas, but only a handful of these villas are fortunate enough to be beachfront properties. The views from Splash are lovely with sailboats floating peacefully on the palm fringed bay in the foreground, and picturesque views of Pillsbury Sound, St. Thomas and blazing sunsets in the background. It’s a short drive (5 minutes) on paved roads to the restaurants and boutiques of Cruz Bay. It’s also a short walk (5 minutes) to the three restaurants, beach, fitness facilities and shops at the Westin Resort, but Splash remains a world removed from this upscale resort. For those who love to be in and on the Caribbean, this is truly a marvelous setting.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 10%
- Sept. 2 - Oct. 30, 2017
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$4725/wk for 2 people * $4900/wk for 3 * $5075/wk for 4 * $5250/wk for 5 * $5425/wk for 6
$5660/wk for 7 * $5775/wk for 8
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 23, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2800/wk for 2 people * $2975/wk for 3 * $3150/wk for 4 * $3325/wk for 5 * $3500/wk for 6
$3675/wk for 7 * $3850/wk for 8
Thanksgiving- Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Splash is that rare find that so many of our clients are looking for - a beautiful, well equipped home in a beachfront setting. This location really is superb. Although you’d never know it, you’re only 5 minutes from Cruz Bay and some of the Caribbean’s finest dining. Even better, you’re about 10 seconds from swimming, snorkeling, kayaking and paddle boarding in the tranquil, 82 degree Caribbean waters. In addition, you have access to the deep water anchorages of Great Cruz Bay, allowing you to add boating activities to the pleasures of a luxury villa. You’re so close to the Caribbean that it’s almost like being on a boat, and the nautical sights and sounds of this usually quite harbor are wonderful.
The house itself is much like the location, tropical and alluring. This is a vacation home that has it all; a pool, a/c, comfortable furnishings, lush landscaping, moderate privacy, sunsets and picture postcard views. Splash has been very thoughtfully decorated and the overall effect is quite inviting. In 2005 Splash was extensively remodeled and it is now a much more comfortable and modern home. It’s not often that we discover a home that is fanciful and fun and also classy and elegant, but Splash is that rare combination.
This villa was originally named after a very friendly female bottle nosed dolphin named Splash who sometimes swims in the harbor looking for handouts of the catch of the day from local fishermen.
Splash is a great villa for families with kids, especially kids (of any age) who love to play in the water. The warm, exceptionally romantic ambiance of this villa also makes it one of our top recommendations for honeymooners and lovers. It’s a memory maker. Splash is the next door neighbor of Gull Cottage (3-bedrooms), so if Splash is unavailable for the dates you want, check the Gull Cottage availability calendar.
- Guest Comments:
- Thanks for your part in making our vacation at "Splash" such a memorable time! We loved the house and your service!
- The home is beautiful, it was our second time at Splash and we enjoyed the home just as much if not more then our first time! Thank you!
- We enjoyed Splash very much! It is a charming villa! Thank you!
- Thank you for contacting us, and for asking for feedback. We really enjoyed our vacation in St. John, and "Splash" is a beautiful spot. We enjoyed working with Lucia at Caribbean Villas, and appreciated her friendly & helpful service.