Someday Isle consists of a 2-level, 2-bedroom main house and a very private 1-level, 1-bedroom guest house located below the main house and pool area. The accommodating parking area is conveniently located outside the gated entrance to the property. Island stonework steps and manicured tropical landscaping lead you to the upper level of the main house which contains the great room; with the living, dining and kitchen areas, plus the master bedroom, bath and large walk-in shower. The large covered deck with beamed ceilings has a dining area and sitting area off of the master bedroom. It runs the entire length of the villa and provides shade from the Caribbean sun and serves as a perfect viewing platform to watch passing sailboats in the day and star gazing at night.
The concrete pool and sundeck provide a spacious day and night entertainment area that is easily accessible to all living spaces. Dining and lounge deck chairs provide a perfect opportunity to enjoy the views of the East End, Sir Francis Drake Channel and the BVI’s.
The lower level bed room, located just off the pool patio, is accompanied by its very own private deck and full bathroom. A well-lit stone stairway bordered by flowering tropical plants guides you to the private, hideaway cottage. It is appointed with an efficiency kitchen and cozy deck, with it’s own spectacular view of Coral Bay and the British Virgin Islands. It is the place where you will want to have your first morning coffee when you wake up and your last night cap before bedtime!
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 4
- Bed Description: 2 Queens, 2 Twins convert to King
- Bathrooms: 3
- Property Location: Coral Bay (western hillside)
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 2500+ sq/ft
- Year Property Complete: 2009
- Beach: Nat. Park - 10 min
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 10' x 20' x 4-7 ft deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Air Conditioning: No
- Children: Welcome
- Distance To Town: It's a 2-4 minute drive down in to Coral Bay and a 30 minute drive to Cruz Bay.
- Living Dining: The living room includes terra cotta tiled floors and a west indies designed cathedral ceiling and is furnished in a warm and inviting style. It includes expanded cable TV/DVD and wireless internet, and an iPod/MP3 stereo deck. The living room opens to the cooling trade winds and a 470 sq/ft covered deck that overlooks the east end of St. John and the British Virgin Islands. You have three choices for dining areas. In the great room a mahogany table seats up to 6, while outside the kitchen on the covered deck a dining table seats 6, and a table on the pool deck also seats 6.
- Kitchen: This gourmet kitchen is handsome, with tile countertops and cherry cabinets, and well-equipped, including: a four-burner electric stove and oven, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, blender, cookware, dinnerware, and a telephone. A pass through opens the kitchen to the patio and is conveniently located to allow the chef to participate in conversation and pass food and dinnerware to the table on the deck. There’s also a barbeque grill on the deck. A washer/dryer is located on the lower level.
- Bedroom Details: All three bedrooms have a cozy decorator’s touch and include; Simmons Beautyrest mattresses with custom linens and bed sets, an iPod alarm clock, an exterior deck and a custom decorated bath and shower. The romantic master bedroom (queen bed) is off the great room of the main house and opens to the upper deck. Exterior stairs lead down to the first guest bedroom (king or 2 twins) on the lower level of the main house. Another set of stairs lead down to the 250 sq/ft guest cottage (queen bed). This lovely hideaway cottage includes a cathedral ceiling, a deck reserved for two, with another magnificent view, plus an efficiency kitchen with a refrigerator, sink, microwave and coffeemaker.
Someday Isle enjoys a peaceful and private setting on the western hill that overlooks Coral Bay Harbor (Coral Bay – Western hillside). The views are outstanding and they stretch for more than 30 miles to include Hurricane Hole and the east end of St. John, plus Tortola, Norman, Peter, Salt, Virgin Gorda, and other islands in the British Virgin Islands.
The house faces east-southeast and was carefully built to maximize both its privacy and its sun exposure – the pool deck is in the sun all morning and for most of the afternoon. There are a handful of homes in the immediate neighbor but they are well hidden from view, and from being viewed, by lush tropical vegetation.
Coral Bay, on the eastern side of St. John, is known as the quiet side of the island. It is a small, colorful, laid back and friendly town. The name Coral Bay is also used to refer to the entire neighborhood that surrounds St. John’s largest bay – Coral Bay.
The National Park beaches at Salt Pond Bay and Lameshur Bay are a 10-15-minute drive, and it’s a very scenic 20-30 minute drive from Someday Isle into Cruz Bay. The north shore beaches are easily accessible from Centerline Road. Maps, suggested beaches, and snorkeling spots can be found at the property.
There’s an interesting selection of restaurants and bars in the Coral Bay area plus grocery and produce stores, all within a 3-10 minute drive on paved roads. Various local restaurants such as Skinny Legs, AquaBistro, Island Blues, Shipwreck Landing, and Sweet Plantains offer a broad variety of food, from cheese burgers to upscale gourmet dining and beverage options. Local musicians can be found during happy hours.
Vehicle Information: A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$2995/wk for 2 people (1 bedroom) * $3527/wk 3-4 (2 bedrooms) * $4059/wk 5-6
(Main house only for 2-4 guests)
Rates based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2195/wk for 2 people (1 bedroom) * $2545/wk 3-4 (2 bedrooms) * $2895/wk 5-6
(Main house only for 2-4 guests)
Thanksgiving – Off Season Rates Apply
Rates based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Someday Isle, which was completed and began renting in February of 2009, is a very charming villa with a lot of personality.
There are many features that give this villa its delightful vacation character. The first great feature is the very private, peaceful, seemingly “on top of the world” setting. The view looks right down the Sir Francis Drake Channel. In the morning you’ll awake to a beautiful Caribbean sunrise and during the day scores of distant sailboats slowly move over blue seas to distant islands. At night the lights of Tortola, Peter Island, and Virgin Gorda, plus a zillion stars, twinkle off in the distance. This is really a lovely view, certainly one of the best on this side of the island.
The villa was thoughtfully planned and built by a well-known architectural and interior design team that selected high quality products and a decorator’s touch. The coral and sage color pallet enriches the light of a radiant sunrise and sunset and blends well with the manicured gardens and walkways that surround the property. It’s 3-level design offers very good privacy for 1-3 couples or a family with older children, and the lovely setting and the alluring décor makes this an ideal hideaway for honeymooners and lovers.
Someday Isle was recently purchased by Pam and Dave Lach of New Tripoli, PA, who warmly invite you to be guests of the villa with your friends and family as you share a great meal and a bottle of wine on the upper patio, or you relax all day in the infinity pool. Whatever you decide to do on your days off, one thing is true, once you visit this villa you will never again have to say, “Someday Isle” take a vacation in paradise. Someday Isle and your St. John experience will fulfill your wishes and dreams.
- Guest Comments:
- Wow! I can only say really positive things about Someday Isle! It was beautiful, everything worked beautifully and it's managed really, really well! I had great interactions with Terry - on island manager - she was very responsive and friendly and the house is kept in perfect order! Thank you!!
- I was fortunate enough to recently spend a week at Someday Isle. It was a "girls getaway" with four good friends. While our husbands toiled in the snowy north east, we found an ideal island oasis on St. John. The villa was perfect for our group. We had separation for privacy but yet the pool and veranda were great gathering spots for our time together. We especially found the pool area a perfect place to relax and do our daily morning yoga sessions. The location, with a fabulous view over looking Coral Bay, was quiet and removed but convenient to all our daily activities of hiking, snorkeling and paddle boarding. The accommodations were very comfortable and spotlessly clean and got five "thumbs-up" from our very-pleased group. We are all looking forward to our next visit to Someday Isle.
- We had a wonderful stay at Someday Isle. Our greeter Terry (as well as Terry, her co-pilot for the day) were both wonderful. They made us feel very welcome to the island and took the time to make sure our first day was as effortless as possible. The view from the Villa is just stunning and even though it was our first visit to the island I feel confident that this view is one of the best on the island. I can’t imagine staying anywhere else and missing out on all this beauty. We woke to a beautiful sunrise every morning were even blessed with a huge rainbow over Coral Bay one afternoon. As far as the Villa itself, we thought it was just perfect for our family. The décor is very well done and the kitchen very well appointed with everything one would need for a successful vacation. We look forward to returning to St John and Someday Isle in the future.
- Had a wonderful time and the Villa, Someday Isle, was great with beautiful views.....we haven't been disappointed yet in any of our villa picks. My brother & sister-in-law loved St John also! Terri, our contact, was great too and very helpful and accommodating. (She's originally from NE (Maine) so we chatted a while.) Thanks again for a wonderful vacation; we will be back again!!