Serenata de la Playa is a gorgeous three level villa that was completed in the winter of 2009 and consists of a main house and a pool house/tower built of stone. The building materials and the design are classic Caribbean, with concrete, native stone, and antique brick, plus terra cotta tiled floors and cathedral ceilings throughout. The house is dug into the base of a hill that rises up from the beach. You park on the second level and enter into the great room, which contains the interior living and dining areas, plus the kitchen, a powder room (half bath) and a laundry room. To the right of the great room is the main house bedroom. The pool house is a 2 1/2 level stone tower, located on the left of the main house. One pool bedroom is on the second level, while a flight of exterior stairs leads up to the pool bedroom on the 3rd level. Off the front of the great room is an exceedingly comfortable lanai, also called a loja, which is an outdoor living/dining area. From the lanai, exterior stairs lead down a half level to the pool and spacious pool deck. Exterior stairs also lead from the lanai down to the master bedroom and the twin bedroom, both of which are on the 1st level. The large master bedroom is directly below the lanai.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Beds: 6
- Bed Description: 4 Kings, 2 Twins (convert to King)
- Bathrooms: 5.5
- Property Location: Klein Bay
- Proximity: Beachfront
- Property Size: approx. 5000 sq. ft.
- Year Property Complete: 2009
- Beach: Klein Bay
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 30 ft x 15 ft, 4-6 ft deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: Prepaid $1000 (Damage deposit is refunded 30 days after departure as long as no damage occurs during your stay)
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Distance To Town: It's a 10 minute drive on paved roads to the shops, restaurants and grocery stores in Cruz Bay.
- Living Dining: The interior living room is even more comfortable than the photos show, with “sink into it” furniture, central a/c, a 42” flat screen TV/DVD and AM/FM stereo/CD played through Bose speakers and high speed wireless internet. The lanai is a natural extension of the living room, but it feels so different - very airy and tropical. This lanai definitely captures the essence of a classic island villa. Under the lanais roof, cushioned furniture seats 8 while the view through the columned arches is turquoise water and blue skies. In the great room the dining table seats 8-10, and there are 4 high back swivel armchairs at the bar/counter. The dining table on the lanai seats 6-8 and there is a breakfast/lunch table for 4-6 on the pool deck.
- Kitchen: The attractive and well equipped kitchen has mahogany cabinets with granite counter tops, stainless steel Kitchen Aid appliances, including a side by side refrigerator and freezer. a 4 burner gas stove and oven, double sink, microwave, dishwasher, a blender, toaster and a coffeemaker with a coffee grinder. All dishes, dinnerware, pots and pans, cooking utensils and dining linens for a party of 10 are provided.
- Bedroom Details: The bedrooms of Serenata were designed to insure an excellent degree of privacy and to capture the beautiful waterfront views. From the 1st floor to the 3rd floor the bedrooms are as follows;
- Bedroom 1 - the master bedroom - 1st floor- 375 sq/ft – king bed – terra cotta patio
- Bedroom 2 - the twins bedroom - 1st floor - 200 sq/ft – twin beds – terra cotta patio
- Bedroom 3 – main house bedroom – 2nd floor – 210 sq/ft - king bed – private balcony
- Bedroom 4 – pool house bedroom – 2nd floor – 210 sq/ft - king bed – private balcony
- Bedroom 5 – pool house bedroom – 3rd floor – 210 sq/ft - king bed – private balcony
All the bedrooms are fully screened and have central a/c. All have a private bath with a gorgeous and very private stone shower with views of blue skies and blue water. Bedrooms 1, 2 and 5 are accessed by exterior tiled stairs. Bedrooms 1, 2, 4, and 5 can be accessed through the great room, or from a private gated entrance that doesn’t require entering the great house.
Pool Description: The pool and sun deck are amenities that will keep you and your kids glued to Serenata. There are a couple of pool features worth mentioning. First, a third of the pool is 4 feet deep and the other 2/3rds is 6-7 feet deep, providing areas for different levels of swimmers. Second, in the shallow end a bench seat runs the width of the pool, providing a terrific place to sit in the warm water and have a drink, a conversation, a contemplative moment, or a bit of each. The barbeque pit is on the pool deck.
Serenata De La Playa is located on the beach in beautiful Klein Bay—a small neighborhood of luxury homes on St. John’s Caribbean coast. Serenata is the next to last villa on a road with no through traffic, so there is little or no noise in this location. This is a truly superb setting that offers exquisite tranquility and undisturbed waterfront natural beauty. Although there are two other villas on the beach, (including Carnival Beach), tropical landscaping and an intelligent site plan produce a private and lovely setting. In this quiet and peaceful location the song of the gently breaking surf is usually the only sound that you will hear. Serenata de la Playa is a sun worshipper’s villa – it faces south and is blessed with sunshine from 9 am – 5 pm, and also offers clothing-optional privacy for a full body tan.
The pebble beach at Klein Bay is protected from heavy surf and strong winds by Ditliff Point, a peninsula that juts into the Caribbean and shelters Klein Bay. Almost every day the small surf and crystal clear waters provide good swimming, snorkeling and kayaking – all just a few feet from your villa. A 5-10 minute swim or snorkel takes you to another unknown beach—the white sand beach on Ditliff Point.
Ditliff Point is slowly being developed, yet your view from Serenata is as beautiful and unspoiled as it was 30 years ago. Although Cruz Bay is only a 10 minute drive on paved roads, rarely does a tourist ever drive or hike into this lovely, peaceful location.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 10%
- Sept. 2-9, 2017
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$5495/wk 2-4 (2 bdrms) * $6195/wk for 5 * $6895/wk for 6 * $7595/wk for 7 * $8295/wk for 8
$8995/wk for 9 * $9685/wk for 10
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$3950/wk for 2 people (main hse only) * $4355/wk for 3 * $4720/wk for 4 * $5105/wk for 5 * $5490/wk for 6
$5875/wk for 7 * $6260/wk for 8 * $6645/wk for 9 * $7030/wk for 10
Thanksgiving $7980/wk 2-10
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
(Damage deposit is refunded 30 days after departure as long as no damage occurs during your stay)
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
This exquisite villa took five years to plan, design and build and was completed in February of 2009. Like the owners of Rapture, C’est Blue, and Mermaid Falls, Serenata’s owners are successful US real estate developers. We’ve said before that in the building of a St. John luxury home, there’s no substitute for in depth construction knowledge and experience, and of course, a big budget. Serenata is additional proof of this assertion.
With its classic design features, central (built in) air conditioning, tasteful and comfortable furnishings, and a 5 million dollar price tag, Serenata would be considered a supreme luxury home in any St. John neighborhood. But Serenata’s beachfront location really sets it apart. You’ve got to feel it to understand it, but all your senses are caressed in this villa. The trade winds blow soft, warm and gentle as they caress your skin. The constant background music of small surf breaking on a pebble beach is a calming melody that caresses your ears. The beauty of sunshine, starlight and moonbeams reflecting on the sea caresses your eyes, while the light fragrance of the sea is so real that you can almost taste it. Every tired, stressed out, recession-weary human should spend a week in this house – it will breath new life and energy into anyone.
A few other features of Serenata that you will love include;
- A 400 square foot lanai with lovely views and comfortable cushioned furniture. This outdoor living area, along with those of Monte Bay and Rapture, wins first place honors for “the most enjoyable shaded place to spend an afternoon.” The lanai has a direct line of sight into the pool, so adults can relax nearby but still keep on eye on the kids in the pool. For people who love to be outside but not in the sun, this lanai is one of those “I’m too content to move” spots.
- Swimming and snorkeling in calm, clear, 82-84 degree, turquoise waters just 50 steps from your villa. The beach is mostly small pebbles but it’s also part sand, so you can get in and out of the water relatively easy. The protected waters of Klein Bay also provide a safe and scenic area to kayak (kayaks not provided, but can be rented in Cruz Bay).
- A large (30 x 15) pool surrounded by a tiled deck, both of which bask in sunshine all day.
- A location that provides peace and quiet, serenity, privacy and great natural beauty.
- A supremely comfortable interior living room with “sink way into it” furniture and a 42” flat screen TV/DVD, am/fm stereo +CD and Bose speakers plus wireless internet.
If Serenata is unavailable for the dates you desire, take a look at other homes in the Klein Bay neighborhood such as Monte Bay, Oleander or Orchid Villa.
P.S. Here’s what the first occupants had to say about Serenata… “The furniture is comfortable, each bedroom feels quite private, the pool and deck area is everyone’s favorite place, the outdoor room is always breezy and the ocean is utterly accessible—and feels as if it’s your very own! Every day we went swimming, kayaking, and snorkeling—the water always quite calm — beautifully clear and always a very private feel. I think of it as my very own bay, actually…”
- Guest Comments:
- Our stay at Serenata De La Playa could not have been better. Half of my party had never been to St John before and they absolutely loved it. My one friend said that it was the best vacation he had ever been on! We all cannot wait to come back! Caribbean Villas made everything very easy, from our greeter to dropping off the Jeeps.
- The villa was awesome! We loved the location, layout and the indoor/outdoor living space! It was perfect ...thank you!
- We had a fabulous time at Serenata del la Playa! We have never had such a wonderful vacation and you made it effortless and the villa was stunning! We did not want to leave! Thank you again!
- Thanks so much! We enjoyed ourselves so much...it was the best vacation our family has ever had...it was better then our Disney World vacation...everyone enjoyed themselves so much. We will certainly tell all of our friends about the villa. We visited several villas rented by family members while on St John and we all agreed "our" villa was the best!!