Second Wind is a one level villa that consists of a great house in the center, and a bedroom cabana to the left (east) and the right (west) of the great house. The great house contains the living/dining/kitchen areas plus the bedroom/bath with king or twin beds. The two cabanas are master bedrooms/baths that are similar in size and appointments. Second Wind faces southeast and gets plenty of sun, with a spacious sun deck and also a large covered deck for relaxing in the shade, with plenty of deck furniture for both.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 4
- Bed Description: 2 Kings, 2 Twins convert to King
- Bathrooms: 3
- Property Location: Reef Bay
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: 2600+ sq ft
- Year Property Complete: 2000
- Beach: Reef - 5-8 min. hike
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: approx. 17 x 9 x 4.5 ft deep
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: It's a 15-18 minute drive to the shops, restaurants and grocery stores in Cruz Bay
- Living Dining: Lots of south facing windows provide peaceful ocean views and create a bright interior that is accented by rose tiled floors, Caribbean artwork and rattan furniture that creates a comfortable and relaxing tropical island home. The living room includes a 46" flat screen TV/DVD, a stereo/CD and an iPod hookup, wireless internet and books and games. The dining room seats 6 around a wooden table or you can dine on the deck at a table for 4-6.
- Kitchen: The handsome kitchen is fully tiled and well appointed with a 4-burner gas stove and oven, microwave, dishwasher, toaster, blender, coffee maker, telephone and a washer/dryer. A BBQ gas grill is on the deck.
- Bedroom Details: All three air-conditioned bedrooms (2 kings, 2 twins-convert to a king) enjoy romantic water views through screened sliding glass doors. Each bedroom has a 31" flat screen cable TV, tiled bath with and a garden shower with a view. The twins/king bedroom is accessed from the great room or the deck, and the cabana bedrooms each have exterior private access.
Second Wind sits on a south facing lot on the very edge of the National Park in Reef Bay, on the south coast of St. John. We were one of the first companies to offer rentals in this unspoiled neighborhood, and as of 2015 Reef Bay still remains a largely undeveloped and beautiful hideaway. From your villa it is about a 1-2 minute walk to the Reef Bay path and a 5 minute hike down to tranquil beach walks along the usually deserted white sands of Reef Bay Beach – one of the most private National Park beaches on St John. For hikers, a scenic 1 mile hike along the Reef Bay shoreline brings you to another white sand beach at the head of Reef Bay. There is also an old sugar mill here with a self guided interpretative tour. Another 1.6 mile National Park trail leads you to the turquoise waters, white sands and snorkeling at Lameshure Bay. Along the way, visit the petroglyphs and a partially restored old manor house. You can also take a more challenging 1.2 mile hike to the top of scenic Bordeaux Mountain. It’s a 4 mile drive into Cruz Bay, all of which is on what passes on St. John for a mostly paved road, but Reef Bay is well off the beaten path, so few tourists ever explore this beautiful and relatively unknown area of St John.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 15%
- Sept. 2 - Oct. 31, 2017
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$2975/wk for 2 * $3220/wk for 3 * $3465/wk for 4 * $3710/wk for 5 * $3995/wk for 6
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2275/wk for 2 people * $2450/wk for 3 * $2625/wk for 4 * $2800/wk for 5 * $2975/wk for 6
Thanksgiving -Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Second Wind is an appealing home that offers a lot of amenities and activities at a very attractive price. The highlights include:
Air conditioned bedrooms that open to beautiful views and the sound of surf rolling onto the beach at Reef Bay,
A pool surrounded by a large sun deck, a private and romantic hot tub with superb star gazing, and a large covered deck for the shade dwellers,
A 46" flat screen cable TV/DVD and wireless internet, plus iPod hookup,
All the bedrooms have 31" flat screen cable TV's
A superbly quiet and peaceful setting that is an easy walk to a National Park beach,
You can stroll alone on Reef Bay beach where sea turtles still nest, or hike along the nearby National Park trail network. Active guests can swim, snorkel or surf in crystal-clear 82-degree waters which are a short hike away from your villa, or you can just lounge around your pool. We recommend Second Wind for honeymooners, romantics, families, ecotourists, or anyone looking to relax and unwind in one of St. John's most pristine naturalist settings. This is also one of the few homes that we offer where there are no stairs or steps, everything is on one level. Second Wind is a neighbor of Surfside and in combination these two villas could accommodate up to 12 people.
- Guest Comments:
- We had a very nice time at Second Wind. We loved the wonderful view, the quiet setting, the long covered porch, the pool and hottub! Thank you!
- Thank you for our enjoyable stay at Second Wind. It was fantastic and we will gladly rent from you again in the future!
- We all loved Second Wind and the Reef Bay neighborhood! We look forward to returning again! Thank you!
- Thank you for checking with us - we had a wonderful time, and Second Wind was everything we had wished for:)) I hope to see you next year.
- Thanks. We had a great time. Second Wind worked out very well for us. We'll definitely be in touch next