Sea Biscuit is a charming 3 bedroom 3 1/2 bath home with a pool. Just off the parking area you will access the 3rd, outside access guest bedroom. To get to the main level of the home there are stone stairs up from the parking area. The main level houses the kitchen, living and dining room, ½ bath and covered deck and pool area. Three sliding glass doors in the great room open to the covered deck and has dazzling harbor views. A short staircase up from the deck takes you to the 20 x 10 foot pool and the sun deck. An interior staircase takes you up to the 3rd, upper level and this level has two equal size bedrooms and private baths.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 5
- Bed Description: 1 Queen, 2 Twins that convert to a King, 2 Twins that don't convert
- Bathrooms: 3.5
- Property Location: Coral Bay (western hillside)
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: N/A
- Year Property Complete: N/A
- Beach: 10-15 min. drive to North Shore National Park
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 10 x 20, 5 ft deep
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: To Coral Bay beaches, Salt Pond Bay & Lameshur Bay is a 10 minute drive; Cruz bay is 20-30 minutes on all paved roads; 2-6 minute walk to a few restaurants, shops and the grocery store.
- Living Dining: GREAT ROOM. The great room at Sea Biscuit is spacious and has an open floor plan. It is a perfect spot to prepare meals, relax and watch TV or just sit back and read a good book. The living room is furnished with comfortable furniture and is equipped with a flat screen cable TV, DVD and audio sound system with iPod connectivity. Screened sliding glass doors provide picturesque views from anywhere on the main level and ceiling fans and the trade winds help keep the interior quite comfortable. The interior dining room table seats 4 and is located perfectly where one can sit, enjoy a good meal and see the scenic views just outside the windows. Or if you prefer there is a spacious table for 6 out on the covered deck.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is well-equipped with custom made cabinetry, plenty of counter space, stainless steel appliances with four-burner gas stove and oven, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, blender, cookware, dinnerware and a telephone. A washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, are also included.
- Bedroom Details: The two interior access bedrooms are a short staircase up from the main living area. Both bedrooms are equal in size, one with a queen bed and the other with 2 twin beds that convert to a king. Both bedrooms are air-conditioned and have tiled baths with showers. The third bedroom is accessed off the driveway level and this bedroom has 2 twin beds (they do not convert to a king), flat screen cable TV, a small refrigerator, coffee maker, a/c and a private bath with shower. There are screened sliders which open up on to a small covered deck and this is a great place to relax and have your morning coffee.
To get to Sea Biscuit you will drive from Cruz Bay to Coral Bay (Coral Bay – Western hillside), and turn onto the scenic harbor road that runs along the west side of Coral Bay. Just after you pass the Aqua Bistro restaurant (Cocoloba Plaza), you will take your first right and make a short climb up the hill. The access road to Sea Biscuit is gated and is shared by one other home, the Bayhouse. Sea Biscuit has beautiful views overlooking Coral Bay Harbor and the home is set in a peaceful and convenient spot with classic St John views.
Coral Bay is St. John’s “other” community. It is a colorful, laid back and friendly small town. The name Coral Bay also refers to the neighborhood that surrounds St. John’s largest bay (Coral Bay). The delightful National Park beaches at Salt Pond Bay and Lameshur Bay are a 10 minute drive, and it’s a very scenic 20-30 minute drive over Bordeaux Mountain into Cruz Bay, all on paved roads. For restaurants and bars in the Coral Bay area, you can walk to the Aqua Bistro or it is a short drive to Skinny Legs, Shipwreck Landing and Miss Lucy’s; all very popular Coral Bay restaurants.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 10%
- Sept. 2 - Oct. 31, 2017
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$3500/wk for 2-4 people * $3745/wk for 5 * $3990/wk for 6
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2500/wk for 2-4 people * $2745/wk for 5 * $2990/wk for 6
Thanksgiving & July 4th Week
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Whether from the great room, covered deck, sun deck or pool, Sea Biscuit offers a picturesque view of Coral Bay Harbor and the East End of St John. This enticing location is high enough to pick up the cooling breezes blowing off the ocean, yet close enough to the harbor to feel that you’re a part of the nautical scene spread below you. The upper deck is well above ground level but the tight railings and two interior access bedrooms work well for families with children.
Coral Bay is St John’s largest harbor and the harbor is usually full of cruising sailboats from everywhere, along with the colorful Caribbean sailors who crew these boats. This nautical essence gives Coral Bay a romantic and out of the ordinary character that our guests seem to greatly enjoy. With its superb harbor views and warm summer breezes, Sea Biscuit has a romantic flair, especially at night and is a good choice for honeymooners, couples and families.