Rosebay is a cozy and romantic 1 bedroom plus a loft, 1 bath, air conditioned home that sits in the midst of a colorful, well maintained tropical garden. You park below the house and a stairway leads up to an entrance into the great room. All the rooms except the loft bedroom are on one level. The great room is furnished in a lovely tropical manner with rattan furniture, terra cotta tiled floors, cathedral ceilings with ceiling fans, soft pastel colors and screened sliding glass doors. A screened in porch provides an excellent area to dine, relax in the hammock or sip drinks while watching the fabled Caribbean sunset. The master bedroom is off the great room and the small guest bedroom is located in the loft, accessed by interior stairs. The hot tub on the south deck is a good spot to enjoy a peaceful moment, surrounded by the sights, sounds and perfumed smells of the gardens.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bed Description: 1 Queen
- Bathrooms: 1
- Property Location: Great Cruz Bay (hillside)
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 900 sq. ft.
- Year Property Complete: 1986
- Beach: The beach below at the Westin Hotel
- Pool: No
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome (steep staircase up to loft)
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: No
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Distance To Town: To Cruz Bay (town) - 1 mile; swimming/snorkeling at beach - 1/4 mile; tennis - 1/4 mile; restaurants - 1/4 mile; National Park beaches - 2.5 miles.
- Living Dining: The living room is furnished with a honey rattan couch and 2 upholstered chairs complemented by lamps, end tables, a cocktail table, rugs and wall hanging. The entertainment includes a cable color TV/DVD plus a stereo/CD and wireless DSL. On the opposite side of the kitchen you may dine at a glass topped wicker table, and for relaxed outdoor dining with a marvelous view, the screened in porch contains a table that seats four.
- Kitchen: The kitchen includes a 4 burner electric stove, refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, coffeemaker, blender and toaster oven. Tiled counter tops are complemented by attractive white cabinets accented by varnished mahogany. Cookware, silverware, dinnerware and utensils for 4 are provided, as is a washer/dryer, telephone, Webber BBQ grill and iron and ironing board.
- Bedroom Details: The master bedroom has a queen bed and is decorated and arranged in a romantic decor with a honey wicker bedroom set complemented by lamps, rugs and other accessories. A screened sliding glass door opens to allow lacy white cotton curtains to dance gently as the warm summerlike breezes enter your bedroom. The loft bedroom contains a twin bed. The bathroom and shower is finished in an attractive ceramic tile with terra cotta tiled floors.
Rosebay sits about 110 feet above the harbor at Great Cruz Bay. The house is surrounded by tropical vegetation in a luxuriant setting that offers charming tropical views, including the islands of Little St James, Capella, Great St. James, and the south end of St. Thomas, plus the sparkling blue-green waters of Great Cruz Bay and the Caribbean. This villa faces south and west so it gets plenty of sun, lovely colors at sunset, and the lights of distant islands twinkling at night. Rosebay is also very convenient – less than a 5-minute drive – to the restaurants and bars, groceries and shopping in the delightful town of Cruz Bay. We recommend that you rent a jeep, but because you’re only a 5-minute walk to the restaurants, spa, beach and taxi stand at the Westin Resort, this is one of the few villas we offer where you could get by without a jeep.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 15% today!
- Summer Special! Book Now
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$1750/wk for 2 people * $1995/wk for 3
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
$2100/wk 2 ($35 per person for additional guest)
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$1400/wk for 2 people * $1645/wk for 3
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
There a very few 1+ bedroom rental villas on St. John, and Rosebay (and its neighbor Periwinkle) definitely rate as two of St. John's best values. We especially like the quiet garden setting and the colorful hibiscus, periwinkle, oleander, bougainvillea, palms and other tropical greenery that surround Rosebay. The peaceful hillside location offers great sunset and harbor views, yet it's a 5 minute walk to a beach with Caribbean swimming, snorkeling and boating. The beachside restaurant and bar at the Westin Resort is also a great place for a casual lunch. Rosebay is highly recommended for singles, honeymooners, and couples, and with its hot tub, A/C, romantic charm and very affordable price, Rosebay offers a villa vacation at a very affordable rate. Like its neighbors, Hawksbill, Jasmine and Periwinkle, Rosebay also offers some of the best discounts (when available) in our Last Minute Travel Bargains.
- Guest Comments:
- We had a great time! The weather was perfect and the villa location was great! The villa was very nice and we had the feeling of being home -- so much better then the sterile feel of a hotel!
- The vacation was great and the villa was perfect! Thank you!
- We had a fabulous vacation and can't wait to return! Thank you!
- Thanks! My wife and I had a great time, and we loved our villa! The greeter was very helpful getting us settled the first night, the jacuzzi was great, everything was in good working order and the view was spectacular!