True to fine Caribbean style, Rhapsody is classically chic and beautifully finished. Completed in the summer of 2008, this villa is U-shaped, centered on the pool and built on three levels. Looking out at the water, the kitchen, indoor dining and living room, and spacious lanai lie to the left in the south wing. A covered wrap-around walkway provides access to the twin bedroom behind the pool, as well as to the queen bedroom on the main level of the west wing (to the right). A covered stairway provides access to the two master suites that overlook the pool, while a separate exterior staircase leads to another queen bedroom on the upper level of the west wing. The pool itself has an infinity edge, and is situated half a level down from the main level. The lanai is partially covered, and this is a great feature for parents who can sit in the shade and keep watch over children playing poolside. Below the pool is a half-moon sun deck and hot tub both of which have gorgeous views and catch warm rays and tropical trade winds all day long. Sun lovers rejoice!
- Bedrooms: 5
- Beds: 8
- Bed Description: 2 Kings, 2 Queens, 2 Twins, Daybed, Pullout Sofa
- Bathrooms: 5.5
- Property Location: Contant Point
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 5800 + sq. ft
- Year Property Complete: 2008
- Beach: Nat. Park - 8 min
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 35 x 18 x 5 ft deep
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Distance To Town: It's a 3-4 minute drive in to the shops, restaurants and grocery stores in Cruz Bay
- Living Dining: With its beamed cathedral ceiling, antique brick finish, native stone walls, and travertine floor, Rhapsody’s 515-sq/ft great room is as elegant as it is functional. The indoor living and dining area is equipped with a state-of-the-art stereo system that has 7-speaker surround sound, and includes a 40-inch flat screen TV/DVD, stereo/CD player, and iPod connectivity. The interior dining table seats 8 and there is also dining on the deck. High-speed Internet access is available via WIFI, and provides reception throughout the entire villa and on the pool deck. The 300-sq/ft lanai (covered outdoor patio) seats 7-9 in cushioned wicker furniture, and includes a stainless steel 4-burner gas grill with built-in rotisserie, making this the perfect spot for an al fresco meal or a sunset cocktail.
- Kitchen: Tasteful is the word du jour in Rhapsody’s stylish kitchen. Granite countertops, mahogany cabinets, and travertine floors complement the villa’s general aesthetics, while high-end features insure practicality. The kitchen is equipped with all stainless steel appliances, including a 6-burner gas stove and oven, large refrigerator and standing freezer, beverage cooler, sink, dishwasher, and trash compactor. Guests will also enjoy the granite wet bar with high backed bar chairs. The walk-in pantry provides plenty of storage space, as well as an additional refrigerator, sink, and washer/dryer.
- Bedroom Details: Each of Rhapsody’s five bedrooms has a flat screen TV and its own tiled bathroom with elegant mahogany cabinets, fine granite countertops and marble floors. Bedroom 1 is on the upper level of the west wing and is accessed by exterior stairs. It is quite similar in both size and design to the bedroom below it in the west wing, bedroom 2. The upstairs bedroom has a queen bed, while the lower bedroom has a king bed, both bedrooms have private balconies that overlook and almost overhang the Caribbean Sea. From these balconies, guests will enjoy refreshing trade winds during the day and the soft hush of the waves below at night. On the upper level behind the pool are two master bedroom suites. Looking at the water, bedroom 3 is on the left and is a spacious 420-sq/ft two-room suite, with a king size bed, as well as an L-shaped couch in the adjoining suite that opens to a queen size bed. This suite has a flat screen TV/DVD, a stereo/CD player, a mini-fridge, and a private balcony that looks out over the infinity pool below and the sparkling ocean waters beyond. The second bedroom on Rhapsody’s upper level (to the right) is bedroom 4, a 310-sq/ft two-room suite that includes a queen-sized 4-poster mahogany bed, as well as a pullout trundle bed that is perfect for young children. The adjoining room can also be used as an office for the working vacationer. Seated at the mahogany desk, you’ll enjoy a quiet workspace and a beautiful Caribbean view. Bedroom 5 is on Rhapsody’s main level behind the pool. This is the twin bedroom which offers easy access to both the pool deck and the villa’s central living space.
Rhapsody is located in the very desirable neighborhood of Contant Point, which is a peninsula that is bordered by Frank Bay (a part of Cruz Bay) to the north and Great Cruz Bay to the south. Although this house is located just 5-minutes from the heart of Cruz Bay, this somewhat isolated and very upscale neighborhood retains a very quiet, peaceful, and serene character. If you want a true Caribbean escape, with the convenience of Cruz Bay, this is an ideal location. Perched just 70 feet above sparkling turquoise waters, Rhapsody enjoys an unobstructed 180-degree view that includes St. James, St. Thomas, and the Hans Lollicks, as well as Thatch, Lovango, and Tobago Cays. Rhapsody is the last home on a dead end residential drive, so there is almost no traffic in this tranquil and supremely private locality. This is certainly a spot for sun lovers since the pool deck gets sun from morning ‘til twilight. Sunsets from this southwest-facing villa are not to be missed, and at night you’ll marvel as the twinkling lights of distant islands mingle with the stars above.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 15, 2018
$11499/wk 2-4 * $12505/wk 5-6 * $13755/wk 7-10
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 – Jan 6)
sleeps an addl 4 children
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 16, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$8470/wk for 2-4 people * $9814/wk 5-6 * $10990/wk 7-10
sleeps an addl. 4 children
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Rhapsody is a beautiful home in an idyllic location. Perched on the cliffs of St. John’s west end, this villa offers complete peace and clothing-optional privacy. From the reef below to the islands beyond, Rhapsody’s sweeping view is simply stunning. Throughout the day, blue-green waters and emerald hills provide an incredibly picturesque seascape, while blazing sunsets bring forth vibrant hues of red, pink, and gold that will leave you breathless. Guests will feel as if they are staying on their own Caribbean island, though the lovely town and many amenities of Cruz Bay are actually just minutes away.
Classily built and stylishly decorated, this villa is the epitome of Caribbean elegance and celebrates the essence of island life. There are many reasons why we love this home, but here are some of Rhapsody’s highlights:
- A/C in every room,
- Wireless internet available throughout,
- IPod connectivity to central surround-sound stereo system,
- Flat screen TVs in every bedroom, and a 40-inch flat screen w/ surround-sound in the living room,
- Spacious – 5800-sq/ft total interior and exterior living space,
- 5 bedrooms w/ 2 master bedroom suites – ideal for families with children,
- Classic and elegant building materials such as travertine floors, granite counters, mahogany cabinets, antique brick and marble decks,
- Both an indoor and outdoor (the lanai) living areas,
- A 6-person hot tub, a large pool, and a kiddies’ pool,
- Open and covered decks,
- All-day sun exposure and spectacular sunsets,
- The convenience of Cruz Bay with the peace and quiet of the Contant Point neighborhood
So set your watch to island time! From lazy days on the sun-drenched pool deck, to balmy tropic nights on your private balcony, Rhapsody provides its guests with modern luxuries and timeless Caribbean charm. Whether you’re seeking a romantic getaway or a family vacation, this villa is ideal villa for couples, families, or even small business groups. If Rhapsody isn’t available during your desired travel dates, take a look at its neighbor, Contentment.
- Guest Comments:
- Thank you! We had a great time and everyone loved Rhapsody!. Two of us have stayed in St John at 6 different villas and Rhapsody was the best one we have stayed in....just GREAT!
- Rhapsody was exquisite! One of the nicest villas we have ever stayed in. The convenience to Cruz Bay was priceless! Thank you for the wonderful service!
- We had a lovely time on our vacation at Rhapsody....sorry we never got the time to write in the guest book. This was the third time we took our sons and their wives and children down to St. John on vacation, and Rhapsody was perfect for our needs. In fact, the two youngest children learned to swim in the pool with their heads underwater!