True to fine Caribbean style, Rhapsody is classically chic and beautifully finished. Completed in the summer of 2008, this villa is U-shaped, centered on the pool and built on three levels. Looking out at the water, the kitchen, indoor dining and living room, and spacious lanai lie to the left in the south wing. A covered wrap-around walkway provides access to the twin bedroom behind the pool, as well as to the queen bedroom on the main level of the west wing (to the right). A covered stairway provides access to the two master suites that overlook the pool, while a separate exterior staircase leads to another queen bedroom on the upper level of the west wing. The pool itself has an infinity edge, and is situated half a level down from the main level. The lanai is partially covered, and this is a great feature for parents who can sit in the shade and keep watch over children playing poolside. Below the pool is a half-moon sun deck and hot tub both of which have gorgeous views and catch warm rays and tropical trade winds all day long. Sun lovers rejoice!
- Bedrooms: 5
- Beds: 8
- Bed Description: 2 Kings, 2 Queens, 2 Twins, Daybed, Pullout Sofa
- Bathrooms: 5.5
- Property Location: Contant Point
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 5800 + sq. ft
- Year Property Complete: 2008
- Beach: Nat. Park - 8 min
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 35 x 18 x 5 ft deep
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Distance To Town: It's a 3-4 minute drive in to the shops, restaurants and grocery stores in Cruz Bay
- Living Dining: With its beamed cathedral ceiling, antique brick finish, native stone walls, and travertine floor, Rhapsody’s 515-sq/ft great room is as elegant as it is functional. The indoor living and dining area is equipped with a state-of-the-art stereo system that has 7-speaker surround sound, and includes a 40-inch flat screen TV/DVD, stereo/CD player, and iPod connectivity. The interior dining table seats 8 and there is also dining on the deck. High-speed Internet access is available via WIFI, and provides reception throughout the entire villa and on the pool deck. The 300-sq/ft lanai (covered outdoor patio) seats 7-9 in cushioned wicker furniture, and includes a stainless steel 4-burner gas grill with built-in rotisserie, making this the perfect spot for an al fresco meal or a sunset cocktail.
- Kitchen: Tasteful is the word du jour in Rhapsody’s stylish kitchen. Granite countertops, mahogany cabinets, and travertine floors complement the villa’s general aesthetics, while high-end features insure practicality. The kitchen is equipped with all stainless steel appliances, including a 6-burner gas stove and oven, large refrigerator and standing freezer, beverage cooler, sink, dishwasher, and trash compactor. Guests will also enjoy the granite wet bar with high backed bar chairs. The walk-in pantry provides plenty of storage space, as well as an additional refrigerator, sink, and washer/dryer.
- Bedroom Details: Each of Rhapsody’s five bedrooms has a flat screen TV and its own tiled bathroom with elegant mahogany cabinets, fine granite countertops and marble floors. Bedroom 1 is on the upper level of the west wing and is accessed by exterior stairs. It is quite similar in both size and design to the bedroom below it in the west wing, bedroom 2. The upstairs bedroom has a queen bed, while the lower bedroom has a king bed, both bedrooms have private balconies that overlook and almost overhang the Caribbean Sea. From these balconies, guests will enjoy refreshing trade winds during the day and the soft hush of the waves below at night. On the upper level behind the pool are two master bedroom suites. Looking at the water, bedroom 3 is on the left and is a spacious 420-sq/ft two-room suite, with a king size bed, as well as an L-shaped couch in the adjoining suite that opens to a queen size bed. This suite has a flat screen TV/DVD, a stereo/CD player, a mini-fridge, and a private balcony that looks out over the infinity pool below and the sparkling ocean waters beyond. The second bedroom on Rhapsody’s upper level (to the right) is bedroom 4, a 310-sq/ft two-room suite that includes a queen-sized 4-poster mahogany bed, as well as a pullout trundle bed that is perfect for young children. The adjoining room can also be used as an office for the working vacationer. Seated at the mahogany desk, you’ll enjoy a quiet workspace and a beautiful Caribbean view. Bedroom 5 is on Rhapsody’s main level behind the pool. This is the twin bedroom which offers easy access to both the pool deck and the villa’s central living space.
Rhapsody is located in the very desirable neighborhood of Contant Point, which is a peninsula that is bordered by Frank Bay (a part of Cruz Bay) to the north and Great Cruz Bay to the south. Although this house is located just 5-minutes from the heart of Cruz Bay, this somewhat isolated and very upscale neighborhood retains a very quiet, peaceful, and serene character. If you want a true Caribbean escape, with the convenience of Cruz Bay, this is an ideal location. Perched just 70 feet above sparkling turquoise waters, Rhapsody enjoys an unobstructed 180-degree view that includes St. James, St. Thomas, and the Hans Lollicks, as well as Thatch, Lovango, and Tobago Cays. Rhapsody is the last home on a dead end residential drive, so there is almost no traffic in this tranquil and supremely private locality. This is certainly a spot for sun lovers since the pool deck gets sun from morning ‘til twilight. Sunsets from this southwest-facing villa are not to be missed, and at night you’ll marvel as the twinkling lights of distant islands mingle with the stars above.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
After making your villa/condo booking with us, you have 7 days to send us your rental deposit and guest contract. Payment is by check, personal check is fine. Your sending us payment on your villa rental becomes a binding agreement; it constitutes your acceptance and agreement to these terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions as mentioned in our Payment and Cancellation Polices section on this page. If you have any problems or questions with any of this information, please be sure to call us for discussion and explanation before you send us your villa rental deposit monies and contract.
PAYMENTS: Caribbean Villas requires 50% down within 7 days of making your reservation by check only. Failure to make this payment subjects your reservation to automatic cancellation. The balance of your reservation including the tax/service charge and security deposit where applicable; is due 60 days prior to arrival. If traveling during the Christmas/New Years time period, the balance including the tax/service charge is due 120 days prior to arrival. Rates are based on Cash Prices – Payment is by check. To pay with a visa/mastercard there is a 3% service fee. Please make the checks payable to Caribbean Villas and mail them to 89 Mussey Rd., Suite 103, Scarborough, ME 04074.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Once Caribbean Villas has received your deposit all payments are non-refundable/non-changeable. If you cancel/change your reservation, and we are able to rebook your entire set of travel dates, your money will be refunded, less a 20% administration fee of the total room charge. If a replacement rental is not obtained for your entire set of travel dates, there will be no refund. There will be no exceptions to this policy. Caribbean Villas highly recommends trip cancellation insurance.
HURRICANE AND/OR STORM POLICY: There will be no refunds given for acts of God or force majeure, such as hurricanes, tropical storms etc on St John, USVI. This policy applies to current and all future guests who have reservations to travel or are on St John. We highly recommend trip cancellation insurance. If insurance is not purchased and St John is impacted by an act of god or force majeure we will hold your money on account for a future stay. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE: If you do not have a source, Caribbean Villas highly recommends CSA Travel Protection. It is the guests responsibility to cover themselves in the event they need to cancel or change their vacation plans.
Please note: If we do not have your arrival information 60 days prior to your check-in, there will be a $50 charge applied to your security deposit.
PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS: If you are a U.S. Citizen traveling to the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. John, St. Thomas, St. Croix) you will need Proof of Citizenship; this is a Photo ID and a birth certificate with a raised seal (photo copies are not allowed). *For further information: http://www.travel.state.gov * Please note: If you are traveling to the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. John, St. Thomas, St. Croix) and are planning to do any day trips/day sails to the British Virgin Island or any other Caribbean country you will need a valid U.S. Passport
MAID SERVICE: Our homes/condos do not include maid service. Maid Service may be arranged at an additional cost. Towels, linens, beach towels and paper products are provided for your entire stay. Any additional supplies will need to be purchased by the guest.
HOTEL TAX/SERVICE CHARGE: If traveling to St. John, a 12.5% hotel tax and 5% service charge will be added to your reservation. (When the hotel tax changes all reservations are subject to the tax increase.)
DAMAGE DEPOSITS (Security Deposit): Our Villas and Condos for the island of St. John all require a damage deposit. The deposit is $500-$1500 depending on the property reserved. In most cases this deposit may be applied to a Visa or MasterCard. Our consultants will advise you at the time of booking which policy applies to your rental home. The security deposits are fully refundable within 60 days of your departure, provided there is no breakage, damage, missing items, no charges incurred before, during or after your stay, still outstanding. All normal utilities (except long-distance phone calls or careless or extremely excessive use of your villa’s water supply) are included in your rental price. You hereby agree to pay Caribbean Villas on behalf of the owner of your villa the cleaning or replacement costs for all damages to personal property or to the real estate, which may occur as a result of your occupancy, excluding normal wear and tear. Locked pantries and closets are reserved for the use of the villa owner and are not included in this rental. You as a Guest agree to take all reasonable steps to ensure that your family and other guests in your party adhere to the rules and regulations affecting your villa. All villas are privately owned, so decor, colors and inventories will of course vary. All villas are fully furnished, including an ample supply of bed linens and towels for Guests’ use. Rearranging of furniture or removing any items from the villa is prohibited.
LIABILITY: Caribbean Villas, is acting hereunder as an agent for accommodations, and assumes no liability for property loss or damages, nor liability for injury, accident, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle or the acts of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers to or from their villa. Transportation (airlines, ferries, charter vessels, rental cars and taxis) is supplied by providers who operate independently of Caribbean Villas. We assume no responsibility, therefore, for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property because of the acts of those providers. Furthermore, guests are responsible for their villa during occupancy, and must lock villa windows and doors securely at all times when not on the premises, and must exercise care in securing all personal property. Guests must observe all cautions as given in our blue guest book and/or by your local contact. All Caribbean Villa’s properties are privately owned. The Owner and Caribbean Villas reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at their complete discretion. Any and all disputes will be subject to jurisdiction only in the USVI.
COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Caribbean Villas shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, television/cable service, internet access, appliances, etc. Due to wild fluctuations in our island electrical service and the lack of trained technicians here, we cannot guarantee that hot tubs at villas will operate correctly at all times, and no rebates will be given due to hot tub malfunctions. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problem or damage IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour. No refunds will be considered unless problems are reported and reviewed by our staff during your stay on island.
CONSTRUCTION NOISE: Due to the amount of new villa construction on St. John, it is a possibility that construction may occur near your villa rental. Any construction and the possibility of new construction is outside the control of Caribbean Villas.
ENTRY INTO VILLA: Caribbean Villas or its staff may enter your villa to perform any repairs as necessary. If your villa is on the market for sale, we reserve the right to allow the villa to be shown, but only by advance appointment made with Guest. We will make every effort to schedule such brief showings at a time convenient to you, to respect your privacy, and not interrupt your vacation.
SUBSTITUTION: Caribbean Villas reserves the right to substitute comparable or better accommodations without liability, should the villa reserved be sold, out of order, double booked or be deemed substandard by us for any reason. If comparable accommodations are not available, Guest may receive a complete refund of all pro- rated rent and Hotel Tax/Service Charge paid for the original villa.
CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for (based on two persons per bedroom). Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will not be allowed entry into the villa. Exceptions to this term are made only by management, prior to your arrival dates and for infants under 2 yrs old; if sleeping in a baby crib and not occupying one of the villa’s beds.
QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: Caribbean Villas wishes to maintain a family atmosphere for the quiet enjoyment of Guests. We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties or functions such as weddings are allowed at the villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood.
RATES AND PRINTING ERRORS: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
CHECK IN TIME: St. John – 3:00 p.m. and forward. CHECK-OUT TIME: 10:00 a.m. sharp. PETS: No pets of any kind are allowed in or on the villa premises. A pet or evidence of a pet found on the villa premises will cause immediate eviction and forfeiture of Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
ARRIVALS: For St. John there is one complimentary arrival that brings the arriving guests to the vehicle rental to pick up their reserved vehicle and then escorts the party to their villa. For 8pm -12 midnight arrivals there is a $50 check-in fee. You may schedule additional arrivals as needed for $75 per arrival. Please note: If we do not have your arrival information 60 days prior to your check-in, there will be a $50 charge applied to your security deposit.
CABLE TELEVISION: For St. John, most of the homes have expanded cable, with a few exceptions. Occasionally there is a problem with the cable television service. Caribbean Villas does not have any control over the cable service and repairs are currently taking between 8-14 days to complete.
PHONE SERVICE: ALL LONG DISTANCE PHONE CALLS ARE RESTRICED. We ask all guests to use a calling card to make long distance phone calls.Local calls are free. Occasionally there is a problem with the telephone lines for the villa and condo rentals. Caribbean Villas does not have any control over the telephone company and repairs are currently taking up to 30 days to complete. Rapture and Kalorama only have cell phone service.
CELL PHONE USAGE ALONG THE NORTH SHORE: If you use your cell phone on the north side of the island there is a good chance you will pick up the cell tower on Tortola (British Virgin Islands). If this happens you will be charged for an international call on your cell phone plan. DRUGS AND
HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Guests and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa and illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property.
VILLA, SAFE AND GATE KEYS: Caribbean Villas shall charge Guests $175 for each set of lost or mishandled keys; gate remote controls will be charged at replacement cost. Guest is required to follow all instructions precisely on where to leave your villa keys and gate remote controls when you depart–call if you are unsure!
CONSERVING ELECTRICITY: Due to the cost of electricity doubling, the air-conditioning in our villas/condos will not be turned on when you are checked into your property. At check-in, our staff will be happy to show you how to turn the systems on and off, should you decide to use the air-conditioning. We are requesting that you turn the air-conditioning off in all rooms when not at the villa. It does not take long to cool a room down when you return to the villa. We understand this is your vacation and we want it to be enjoyable and relaxing. Anything you are willing to do will be appreciated in conserving your electrical usage.
SMOKING: All Villas are non-smoking. Guests may be fined up to $150 for smoking violations. GARBAGE REMOVAL: Guests are responsible for removal of all trash from their villa. A $75 fee will be applied to guest’s security deposit if rental agent is required to remove trash left behind. There are numerous dumpsters throughout the island for your use.
CABLE/INTERNET/TELEPHONE/ELECTRICITY: In the Virgin Islands these services may be interrupted. If an interruption occurs the rental manager will report the problem but we have no control over service repairs. There will be no rental refunds due to the interruption of these services. Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 15, 2018
$11499/wk 2-4 * $12505/wk 5-6 * $13755/wk 7-10
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 – Jan 6)
sleeps an addl 4 children
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 16, 2018 – Dec. 15, 2018
$8470/wk for 2-4 people * $9814/wk 5-6 * $10990/wk 7-10
sleeps an addl. 4 children
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Rhapsody is a beautiful home in an idyllic location. Perched on the cliffs of St. John’s west end, this villa offers complete peace and clothing-optional privacy. From the reef below to the islands beyond, Rhapsody’s sweeping view is simply stunning. Throughout the day, blue-green waters and emerald hills provide an incredibly picturesque seascape, while blazing sunsets bring forth vibrant hues of red, pink, and gold that will leave you breathless. Guests will feel as if they are staying on their own Caribbean island, though the lovely town and many amenities of Cruz Bay are actually just minutes away.
Classily built and stylishly decorated, this villa is the epitome of Caribbean elegance and celebrates the essence of island life. There are many reasons why we love this home, but here are some of Rhapsody’s highlights:
- A/C in every room,
- Wireless internet available throughout,
- IPod connectivity to central surround-sound stereo system,
- Flat screen TVs in every bedroom, and a 40-inch flat screen w/ surround-sound in the living room,
- Spacious – 5800-sq/ft total interior and exterior living space,
- 5 bedrooms w/ 2 master bedroom suites – ideal for families with children,
- Classic and elegant building materials such as travertine floors, granite counters, mahogany cabinets, antique brick and marble decks,
- Both an indoor and outdoor (the lanai) living areas,
- A 6-person hot tub, a large pool, and a kiddies’ pool,
- Open and covered decks,
- All-day sun exposure and spectacular sunsets,
- The convenience of Cruz Bay with the peace and quiet of the Contant Point neighborhood
So set your watch to island time! From lazy days on the sun-drenched pool deck, to balmy tropic nights on your private balcony, Rhapsody provides its guests with modern luxuries and timeless Caribbean charm. Whether you’re seeking a romantic getaway or a family vacation, this villa is ideal villa for couples, families, or even small business groups. If Rhapsody isn’t available during your desired travel dates, take a look at its neighbor, Contentment.
- Guest Comments:
- Thank you! We had a great time and everyone loved Rhapsody!. Two of us have stayed in St John at 6 different villas and Rhapsody was the best one we have stayed in....just GREAT!
- Rhapsody was exquisite! One of the nicest villas we have ever stayed in. The convenience to Cruz Bay was priceless! Thank you for the wonderful service!
- We had a lovely time on our vacation at Rhapsody....sorry we never got the time to write in the guest book. This was the third time we took our sons and their wives and children down to St. John on vacation, and Rhapsody was perfect for our needs. In fact, the two youngest children learned to swim in the pool with their heads underwater!