- Caribbean Villas Comments:
For the past 30 years the owners/designers of Rapture were in the business of building luxury homes in the U.S. For 10 years the owners rented from us and often dreamed about building their own island home, and in 2005 their dream became a reality. Rapture now stands as proof that in building a St. John luxury home, there\'s no substitute for extensive building knowledge and experience, combined with a big budget.
Rapture comes real close to being the house that has it all; its location, ambiance, decor, amenities, and comfort level are really first class. This is another one of those villas that offers so much that you may spend most of your vacation in your villa, although you really should explore St. John\'s world class beaches and National Park. Some of the \"I\'ve died and gone to heaven" features that distinguish
- a 450 square foot outdoor living and dining area (the gallery) with spectacular views and comfortable cushioned furniture for nine. Monte Bay also has a gallery, and many past guests of Monte have told us that they absolutely love this design feature. The gazebo keeps the gallery shaded and cool, and for people who love to be outside but not in the sun, this gallery is a blessing.
- a 26' x 14' pool and a 4-person hot tub that is built into a corner of the pool, so you can easily flop from the hot tub into the pool (a very refreshing move) and back.
- a 51 inch Toshiba wide screen satellite TV surrounded by sink-into-it furniture in the a/c great room, a 31 inch TV in the family room and 27 inch TVs in each bedroom, all hooked up to a satellite dish, plus four DVDs and VCRs.
- a stereo/CD system that plays through 6 sets of speakers, with 2 speakers in the great room, 2 on the pool deck and 2 in the gallery.
- a family room with regulation Foos Ball, a Nintendo game cube and satellite TV/DVD/VCR (and a 5th pullout bed).
Let's not forget the location. In addition to the spectacular views, dazzling sunsets and peace and quiet that Rapture offers, when you've got impressive neighbors like La Bella Vita, Kalorama, and South Palm, you're in a very nice neighborhood. Despite a sense of being removed from the rest of the island, the many delights of Cruz Bay are only a 10-15 minute drive, all on paved roads.
Rapture was designed for families and the floor plan, family room and amenities make this a very inviting family vacation home. This is also a superb home for 2-4 couples, or honeymooners, or lovers looking for a luxury love nest.