Rainbow Beach House is a two level design with the great room – the living, dining and kitchen areas – plus the two master bedroom and baths, on the main level. A 24′ wall of screened sliding glass doors on the main level open to the pool, hot tub and its surrounding sun deck. The bedrooms are on the left and right side of the great room to insure privacy. A spiral staircase leads up from the main level to the loft bedroom above the kitchen. A second spiral staircase leads down from the main level to the two lower level bedrooms, both of which open to the beach and can be accessed from the beach or from the great room. Two other very popular villas that we offer, Jazz Villa and Villa Rendezvous, share this popular design.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 7
- Bed Description: 1 King, 2 Queens, 2 Twins convert to King, 2 queen platform beds in loft
- Bathrooms: 4
- Property Location: Coral Bay (beachfront)
- Proximity: Beachfront
- Property Size: 2600+ sq ft
- Year Property Complete: 1992
- Beach: On the beach
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 10 ft x 22 ft
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes, 4 bedrooms only, No A/C in loft
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: Coral Bay - 2 miles; Cruz Bay - 20-25 minutes; National Park Beaches - 5 minutes; Restaurants - 1 mile; Food Store - 2 miles; Swimming/Snorkeling - 0 miles
- Living Dining: Sliding glass doors along the entire pool deck provide excellent views of Coral Bay and the National Park as well as Tortola in the British Virgin Islands. The large pool deck, pool, hot tub, gas grill and abundant deck furniture are the focus of many memorable day or evening activities. Entertainment is provided by a stereo/CD and iPod connectivity, a TV with DVD and wireless internet. You may dine inside at the glass topped table that seats 8, at the bar/island or at the poolside table that seats 6-8.
- Kitchen: The kitchen (again with great views) is fully equipped with refrigerator (outside ice), oven, convection oven, dishwasher, microwave, and a complete inventory of cookware, dinnerware and kitchen utensils. A washer/dryer is located just off the kitchen.
- Bedroom Details: The 4 air-conditioned bedrooms (1 king, 2 queens, 2 twins) are also equipped with ceiling fans and are located on opposite ends of the house to insure maximum visual and sound privacy. The lower bedrooms open to the beach and the upper level bedrooms open to the pool deck. The screened sliding glass doors provide excellent views of Coral Bay. A sleeping loft above the kitchen provides an additional sleeping room for kids with 2 full sized platform beds.
Rainbow Beach House is located on the sand beach at Johnson Bay, which is a quiet cove carved out of the western shore of Coral Bay, on the southeast end of St. John. In front of your villa there is a small, reef protected sand beach. The very picturesque view stretches from the village of Coral Bay at the head of the harbor in the northwest, to the mouth of Coral Bay in the east (Coral Bay refers to a small village, a body of water and also the large land area surrounding the bay.) Although Rainbow faces east the pool and sun deck are bathed in sunshine for most of the day, and the trade winds are partially blocked so they usually blow mild yet refreshingly cool – perfect weather for enjoying the pool and deck. There are only four villas along the beach at Johnson Bay, so this setting remains tranquil, restful and romantic. It’s a 25-30 minute drive into Cruz Bay, and a 4-10 minute drive to the restaurants, bars and groceries in Coral Bay, and a 15-20 minute drive to the National Park beaches located along the north shore.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$4470/wk for 2 people * $4680/wk for 3 * $4890/wk for 4 * $5100/wk for 5 * $5310/wk for 6
$5520/wk for 7 * $5730/wk for 8 * $5940/wk for 9 * $6150/wk for 10 * $6360/wk for 11 * $6570/wk for 12
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
$6876/wk 2-8 ($35 per person night for extra guests)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2205/wk for 2 people * $2450/wk for 3 * $2695/wk for 4 * $2940/wk for 5 * $3185/wk for 6
$3430/wk for 7 * $3675/wk for 8 * $3920/wk for 9 * $4165/wk for 10 * $4410/wk for 11 * $4655/wk for 12
Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel Tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Because most of St. John's beaches are within the V.I. National Park, beachfront homes are a rarity on this island, and most of them are expensive, ultra luxury villas such as those found in Peter Bay. Rainbow Beach is a more casual beach house. It was designed for families, couples, or anyone who loves the atmosphere of being on the water by day and in the hot tub and pool at night. With lots of suntan oil, sand, music and rum in the mix, this house was not designed to be fragile or sophisticated. It was intended for fun in the sun; it's a beach house. Rainbow Beach's best features include:
During the day, relax by your pool in your wonderful beach atmosphere, explore the National Park beaches or go sailing and boating;
At night the star gazing from the hot tub is fantastic, and you can flip from the hot tub into the pool, cool off, and then flip back into the hot tub;
With the mild trade winds in your face, the smell of the ocean, the sound of small waves lapping the shore, sunlight and moonlight sparkling on the water, and boats anchored nearby, being on the deck of Rainbow gives you the exhilarating feeling of being on a boat in the Caribbean, but without the queasy boat motion;
This house knows how to create a good time, with the beach/pool/hot tub combination, and with speakers on the deck, Rainbow Beach has hosted its share of small parties and fond memories;
This setting is one of those wonderful spots where you truly get detached from "the other world." Sometimes guests spend an entire week at Rainbow and hardly ever drive into Cruz Bay. They often make plans to go into town, but then they get so mellow and relaxed that Cruz Bay becomes part of the other world, and live jazz and fresh grilled mahi-mahi at The Shipwreck Restaurant just down the road, is pure bliss;
We recommend this villa for honeymooners, lovers, couples, and families who love the sea and the sun. If Rainbow Beach is unavailable, for a similar floor plan and design, look at Villa Rendezvous and Jazz Villa.
- Guest Comments:
- Thank you! We had a wonderful vacation!
- We had a wonderful time at Rainbow Beach Villa. The villa was the perfect size and layout for our party of 8. The location was great for us because we mainly snorkeled from Salt Pond Bay around to Hawksnest and did not care alot about going into Cruz Bay. The views from the house were beautiful! Thank you!
- We had a really great time at Rainbow Beach Villa. The house was really comfortable, great layout and amazing views! Thank you!