Periwinkle is an enchanting and cozy one bedroom, one bath villa with a romantic private hot tub and central air conditioning. You park below the house and a stairway leads up to an entrance into the great room. The interior is a charming tropical motif, with cathedral ceilings with ceiling fans, terra cotta tiled floors, wicker furniture accented by pastel pink trim. Five sets of screened sliding glass doors open to insure a constant flow of cooling trade winds, or close the doors and relax in the comfort of air conditioning. There is a sun deck off the south side of the villa and all the rooms are on one level, except the small loft on the second level.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 3
- Bed Description: 1 King, 2 Twins
- Bathrooms: 1
- Property Location: Great Cruz Bay (hillside)
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: n/a
- Year Property Complete: n/a
- Beach: The beach below at the Westin Hotel
- Pool: No
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome (steep staircase up to loft)
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay (town) - 1 mile; Swimming/snorkeling at beach - 1/4 mile; National Park Beaches - 2.5 miles; Tennis - 1/4 mile; Restaurants - 1/4 mile; Ferry Dock - 1 mile.
- Living Dining: The living room furniture creates a casual summer-like atmosphere and includes a couch, two chairs, cocktail table and end tables. Throughout the living and dining areas tasteful rugs, lamps, Caribbean artwork and other accessories enhance the feeling of relaxed tropical living. The entertainment system includes a color TV/DVD, an AM/FM stereo with CD and high speed internet. The interior dining area has a rattan glass topped table and rattan chairs for four with picturesque water views. The table for four on the sun deck offers even more delicious views. Either table is the perfect spot for romantic candlelight dinners or casual meals.
- Kitchen: Periwinkle contains a modern, well equipped kitchen that is perfect for preparing anything from light snacks to gourmet dinners. It includes a 4 burner electric stove, GE refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, blender, toaster, coffeemaker, serverware, utensils and dinnerware and place settings for 8. Also included are a washer/dryer, telephone, Webber BBQ grill and iron and ironing board.
- Bedroom Details: The master bedroom (king) is pleasantly furnished and is accessorized with lovely honey wicker furniture with matching lamps and coordinated rugs and artwork. Open the screened sliding glass doors and the lacy white floor to ceiling curtains wave gently as the soft Caribbean breezes gently caress your body. The second bedroom is a loft (two twins) that is accessed by stairs and is perfect for older children.
Periwinkle sits about 100 feet above the harbor at Great Cruz Bay. The house is surrounded by tropical vegetation in a luxuriant setting that offers marvelous 180 degree views that include the islands of Little St James, Capella, Great St. James, and a slice of St.Thomas, plus the sparkling blue-green waters of Great Cruz Bay and the Caribbean. This villa faces south and west so it gets plenty of sun, lovely colors at sunset, and the lights of distant islands twinkling at night.
Periwinkle is also very convenient – less than a 5-minute drive – to the restaurants and bars, groceries and shopping in the delightful town of Cruz Bay.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 15%, Central A/C!
- Sept. 9-Oct. 15, 2017
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$2205/wk for 2 people * $2450/wk for 3 * $2695/wk for 4
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
$2646/wk for 2 people * $2891/wk for 3 * $3136/wk for 4
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$1575/wk for 2 people * $1750/wk for 3 * $1925/wk for 4
Thanksgiving – Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
With the exception of Rosebay, Honeymoon Cottage and Sea Spirit, there are very few one bedroom rental homes on St. John, and none are as convenient to Cruz Bay as is Periwinkle. You are a 5 minute drive to Cruz Bay for restaurants and shopping, yet you're located in a private, picturesque setting, surrounded by beautiful tropical landscaping. For these reasons, and also due to Periwinkle's affordable price, its cheerful decor and its cozy hot tub and master bedroom, Periwinkle has always been a popular villa. As many honeymooners will happily attest, this villa offers an affordable price and romantic privacy that you just can't find in a hotel setting. When available, Periwinkle and its neighbors, Jasmine, Rosebay and Hawksbill are listed in our Last Minute Travel Bargains.
* Periwinkle has a resident outdoor cat that visits the property.
- Guest Comments:
- Thank you! The villa was perfect for our needs - great location and perfect size for a small home!
- Thank you for another wonderful stay in St John - we LOVED Periwinkle!! The villa was wonderful! The kids loved the loft and at night it was great to have A/C to cool off - the hot tub was a nice bonus also! Thank you!
- We had a fabulous time at Periwinkle - thank you!