Palm Villa is a fine example of traditional Caribbean architecture, with a pool, Tropitone deck furniture, exposed beam cathedral ceilings, multiple ceiling fans, screened sliding windows, mahogany French doors, and terracotta tiled floors throughout the interior and also on the pool deck, creating a classic and comfortable living environment. The villa consists of four hip roofed buildings connected by decks, covered walkways and garden patios. The entrance to Palm opens to the pool deck and the fabulous views. On your left is the great house with the living, interior dining and kitchen areas plus a loft guest bedroom. On your right are the two poolside bedrooms. The master bedroom is a large suite located on the east (left) side of the great room. All the bedrooms are air conditioned.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 5
- Bed Description: 1 King, 2 Queens, 2 Twins
- Bathrooms: 4
- Property Location: Gifft Hill
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 3500 + Sq. Ft
- Beach: Nat. Park - 15. min
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 18ft. x 12ft. x 5ft deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, 3 bedrooms and loft
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: 10-15 minute drive to Cruz Bay (town) on paved roads.
- Living Dining: The living and dining areas are casually and comfortably styled with a rattan sofa and matching love seat and Caribbean inspired artwork and potted plants throughout. Entertainment is provided by a satellite TV, VCR/DVD, stereo and cassette deck, broadband internet and the numerous crickets, tree frogs, doves, songbirds and other chirpers who are constantly singing in the trees outside your windows and doors. Choose from 2 dining areas; inside, the glass topped bamboo dining table seats 6-8, while on the deck the Tropitone table seats 8.
- Kitchen: The original kitchen was ripped out in 2008 and replaced with a granite, mahogany and stainless steel beauty. Located just off the pool deck, the kitchen has great views and puts the chef right in the middle of the action. The new kitchen has mahogany cabinets and granite countertops, along with a s/s refrigerator, 4-burner gas stove and oven, dishwasher, microwave, and sink. It also includes a toaster, blender, drip coffee maker and a complete selection of pots, pans, and kitchenware. A separate laundry room with washer/dryer is located off the kitchen and a gas barbecue grill is on the deck.
- Bedroom Details: The 4 bedrooms are located in 4 separate buildings, providing excellent privacy. The air-conditioned east master bedroom suite includes a king size bed, satellite TV/DVD, tiled bath with shower, and an adjoining sitting room. The master poolside bedroom and the guest poolside bedroom both have a/c, queen beds, satellite TV, DVD, water views and tiled baths and garden showers. The 4th bedroom is a loft bedroom with 2 twin beds, a/c and a tiled bath and shower. All bedrooms contain ceiling fans and are attractively decorated and furnished.
Upon entering Palm Villa, you are immediately struck by the magnificent views that open up in front of you, for Palm Villa is located in an excellent setting on Gifft Hill, on a private and quiet hilltop 750 feet above the blue-green Caribbean Sea. Sometimes your view stretches all the way to the mountains of El Yunque and El Toro, 80 miles off in the distance in the rain forests of Puerto Rico. Your captivating views sweep almost 180 degrees and include more than a dozen islands and cays, from Frenchcap Cay and St James islands in the south, past St. Thomas, Thatch and Lovango Cays, and beyond the Hans Lollick Islands in the northwest. At night after a beautiful sunset, the soft lighting, gentle trade winds and twinkling lights of distant islands create a wonderfully romantic and restful environment. During the day, your southwest orientation provides you with blessed sun on your pool deck from 9am to sunset. For those looking for some cover, two 9 ft umbrellas were recently added and are bolted to the deck. If opened the umbrellas offer a peaceful and shaded place to sit and relax or for those looking for sun, the umbrellas can be easily closed and you can work on your golden tan; the choice is yours. The restaurants and many other delights of Cruz Bay are a 10-15 minute drive on paved roads.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 10%
- Sept. 2-9, 2017 & Sept. 16-30, 2017
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$3997/wk for 2 – $4123/wk for 3 – $4249/wk for 4 – $4375/wk for 5 – $4501/wk for 6 – $4627/wk for 7 – $4753/wk for 8
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2478/wk for 2 – $2618/wk for 3 – $2758/wk for 4 – $2898/wk for 5 – $3038/wk for 6 – $3178/wk for 7 – $3318/wk for 8
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
We have managed Palm Villa since it was first built and this villa remains a very popular rental villa. It's popular, in part, because it combines a traditional style with modern comforts such as air conditioning and a pool. Palm Villa also owes its popularity to its quiet and peaceful setting. Palm Villa sits high up on Gifft Hill and this setting produces unforgettable sunsets, fascinating night views and sunshine and warm breezes throughout the day. This south-facing villa is bathed in poolside sun from 9 AM to sunset and the sunny pool/ pool deck is the center of this home and is definitely a wonderful place to linger and relax. Guests also enjoy the tropical flowers and lush vegetation that surrounds you, or the clothing optional privacy, or the roomy great house and master bedroom suite. Many past guests who have stayed at Palm Villa agree that this is a very relaxing and enjoyable vacation retreat that is perfect for honeymooners, couples and families.
The owner's of Palm Villa have another home on St. John. It's a Grecian inspired, 3-bedroom villa called Ilios, located in Hart Bay.
- Guest Comments:
- We had an awesome vacation! Thank you!
- Our stay on St John was wonderful! The villa and the view were beautiful!
- I have been meaning to write a review about my stay at Palm Villa this past winter. We had such a wonderful vacation and enjoyed the villa so much. We traveled with our older children and the house worked beautifully for us! Our must have was a sunset and from this villa they are just breathtaking! The home is quite spacious – the pool is in the center of the villa and then the main house and 2 of the bedrooms open off the pool deck. The master bedroom is a good size and is located off the left side of the villa. My 2 children loved the separation between the master bedroom and 2 guest bedrooms. They are old enough now that we did not find this to be a problem and they loved going for a late night swim, especially since the pool was right outside their doors!! The kitchen is beautiful and well stocked – the living room and bedroom/bathrooms are a bit older but still very comfortable so we really could not complain! What you see in the photos is what you get so when we walked in to the home upon arrival – we were very pleased….. We will definitely be returning to St John and Palm Villa will be our villa of choice!!
- Thank you for an amazing vacation! Palm Villa had everything we were looking for at a great price! This was our honeymoon and the home had the privacy, the pool and the sunsets we were looking for in a rental. It was a perfect setting to relax after planning our wedding! We want to thank your sales office and St John Office - from the beginning to the end we received excellent service! We will be back!!