Orchid Villa is a 3 bedroom, 3 bath villa was built in 1991 and in 2009 it was remodeled and completely refurnished and refurbished, (see Caribbean Villas’ Comments), and Orchid now has the look and feel of a newly built villa. Orchid is a two level design with most of the living space located on the lower level. You park on the upper level and walk down tiled stairs to the tiled pool and sundeck which are located in the middle of the villa. On the left is the great house with living and dining rooms, the kitchen, and a loft bedroom accessed by interior stairs. On the right is another 2-story building containing the upper and lower master bedrooms, each with a tiled bath, garden shower and a private deck. There is also a covered deck off the dining room, and a marble deck around the pool. Orchid Villa faces south and the pool and sundeck are bathed in sunshine all day.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 4
- Bed Description: 2 Kings, 2 Twins convert to King
- Bathrooms: 3
- Property Location: Klein Bay
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: 3100+ sq. ft.
- Year Property Complete: 1991 (redone 2009)
- Beach: Klein Bay -Walk to pebble beach
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 18 x 12 x 5 ft deep, salt water pool
- Air Conditioning: Yes, 2 master bedrooms, No A/C in loft
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: 10 minute drive to Cruz Bay (town) on paved roads.
- Living Dining: The living room is a tasteful statement of casual elegance with an exposed beam cathedral ceiling, ceiling fans, tiled floors, colorful rugs and upholstered wicker furniture. There is high speed wireless internet and a 42” flat screen TV/DVD, and stereo with CD, all played through a 3-speaker sound system. The formal dining room overlooks the pristine views and seats six at a glass topped table surrounded by six high backed cushioned rattan chairs. A private covered dining deck seats 4 at a teak table and offers a wonderful spot for a casual breakfast or lunch. On the pool deck an umbrella table seating 4-6 provides a third dining area with a lovely view.
- Kitchen: The sparkling white kitchen is crisp and good-looking with marble countertops and a mahogany island. It is also well equipped with a 4-burner gas stove and oven, a refrigerator/freezer, double s/s sinks with garbage disposal, a built-in microwave, and a dishwasher, toaster, blender, coffeemaker and toaster oven. The cupboards are filled with a tasteful collection of china, dinnerware, cooking utensils and kitchen implements. A gas BBQ grill is on the deck and a washer/dryer is located in a separate utility closet off the pool deck.
- Bedroom Details: The west wing contains two air conditioned bedrooms (kings), which are equal in size and furnishings. Each contains a bedroom set, including nightstands, a chest of drawers and a desk and chair. Both have a 20" cable color TV/VCR for private viewings, and a telephone to call your business associates to tell them that you're never coming home. A set of screened 6' opening doors lets you awake to soft breezes and lovely views. A private deck with deck furniture is an ideal retreat to watch the sunrise or to enjoy a private evening cocktail. Each bedroom adjoins a fully tiled bath with marble counters and a tiled garden shower. Varnished cedar stairs lead to the fully carpeted 3rd (loft) bedroom with two twin beds, matching nightstands, lamps, chests of drawers, a large closet and a standing curio. Arched screened windows provide a wonderful view of the Caribbean and a tiled bath with shower, vanity and mirror adjoins the loft bedroom.
Orchid Villa is located on a dead end road in the exclusive and quiet cove called Klein Bay. Klein Bay is a small neighborhood of luxury homes located in the eastern corner of the larger bay known as Rendezvous Bay, on St. John’s southern coast.
As of January 2015, only about half the lots in Klein Bay have been developed, so this area retains much of the unique beauty, privacy and peacefulness that are the essence of St. John. Ditliff Point is the peninsula that curves south into the Caribbean to form Klein Bay. The low hills of Ditliff soften the trade winds to insure gentle breezes and tranquil, crystal clear waters. Ditliff Point, which we hoped would become nature conservation property, has been approved for development and two Peter Bay style homes are being built, and more are coming. However, as of February, 2014 your view of Ditliff Point is still beautiful, natural and unspoiled.
From Orchid, you are less then a 5 minute walk to a pebble beach where you can swim and snorkel among reefs dotted with brightly colored fish, sea fans and other sea life.
Although Cruz Bay is only a 10 minute drive on paved roads, very few tourists come to this lovely, pristine neighborhood.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 10%
- Aug. 22 - Sept. 30, 2017
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$4445/wk for 2-6 people
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2380/wk for 2 people * $2625/wk for 3 * $2870/wk for 4 * $3115/wk for 5 * $3360/wk for 6
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
In 2009 the winds of change blew over Orchid Villa. The first and most important change was the total refurnishing and remodeling of Orchid. Some of the new features include; a new look and entertainment system in the great room, a remodeled kitchen, all new bedroom sets, linens, spreads and room colors, new granite bathrooms, new doors throughout, new tiled floors, new deck furniture, and all interior and exterior walls repainted in lovely Caribbean colors. By all appearances, this is a new villa.
The second change came when two Peter Bay style, ultra luxury homes began building on Ditliff Point. As of 4/1/15, neither of these new villas are in your gorgeous view, but sometime soon you are likely to see ultra luxury villas on Ditliff Point. Despite the changes at Ditliff, Orchid Villa offers quiet relaxation, picturesque views, and moderate privacy in an intimate setting of exclusive, 2-5 million dollar vacation homes. Orchid Villa’s best features include:
easy access to calm, sparkling clear waters that offer enjoyable swimming and snorkeling
the soothing background music of gentle surf breaking on the beach below you,
an orange sun and a shimmering moon rising out of the sea before you;
air conditioned master bedrooms with king beds, private decks and TV/DVDs,
colorful ever blooming flowers and landscaping that envelope the house,
stylish touches such as Italian marble around the pool, arched windows, tasteful artwork; and a very competitive price.
If Orchid Villa is not available for the dates you desire, take a look at Oleander. Oleander is Orchid Villa's next door neighbor and its design is very similar. For Klein Bay homes with more than three bedrooms, check out Monte Bay, and Serenata De La Playa. For 1-2 families, honeymooners, lovers and all who desire a lovely 2 – 3 bedroom home in a beautiful waterfront setting, Orchid Villa has been a consistent guest favorite, and with its complete makeover in 2009, Orchid is new, again.
- Guest Comments:
- Great stay for us at Orchid Villa! The villa was terrific and it met all of our needs! Klein Bay is the preferred area for us on the island and St John always delivers! Thank you!
- Had a wonderful time at Orchid Villa! It was better than the photo's showed it to be! Thank you!
- We had a wonderful time in St John! Orchid Villa was beautiful and the beach at Klein Bay was fantastic for snorkeling!