Orchid Knoll is a romantic and unique 2 bedroom, 2.5 bath mountain top home was built in 1997 from hand cut native stone and wood. The house has 2 levels, with the master bedroom, living, dining, kitchen areas and covered deck on the upper level, and the guest bedroom, pool and sundeck on the lower level. The attractive interior reflects the casual elegance of an upscale French country villa, with arched French doors and windows, beamed cathedral ceilings, terra cotta tiled floors and pleasing and comfortable furnishings, antiques and accessories. A large wrap around covered deck adjoins the living and dining rooms and is a perfect spot for reading, relaxing and enjoying the fiery sunsets over St Thomas, while sun worshippers will love the south facing pool and sundeck on the lower level.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 3
- Bed Description: 1 Queen, 2 Twins (convert to a king)
- Bathrooms: 2.5
- Property Location: Bordeaux Mountain
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 2500 Sq/ft (approx)
- Year Property Complete: 1997
- Beach: Nat. Park - 15 min. drive
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 18 x 12 x 5ft deep
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: DISTANCE TO. Cruz Bay (town): 5-6 miles; Coral Bay (town): 2-3 miles; Restaurant: 1 mile; National Park beaches, swimming and snorkeling: 2-3 miles.
- Living Dining: The exquisite hand rubbed French doors and windows, tiled floors, white cathedral ceilings combine well with a wrought iron couch with upholstered sofa cushions, 2 easy chairs and an eclectic blend of carefully selected furnishings and accessories to create an intimate and warm living room. If you need additional warmth, which is not likely, one of the centerpieces of the living room is a working fireplace. A 32" flat screen TV/DVD and an iSymphony FM stereo with CD, iPod and memory card slots are also provided, as well as wireless internet.
- Kitchen: You may dine inside at the formal dining room table seating 6-8 or take advantage of the superb views on the tiled upper deck at the table seating four. The kitchen is modern and well equipped and includes a 4 burner stove and oven, dishwasher, microwave, blender, coffee maker, toaster and a fine selection of dinnerware, cookware, and server ware. A washer/dryer is also provided.
- Bedroom Details: The cozy master bedroom (queen), with air conditioning, a walk in closet and a tiled bath is on the upper level. This bedroom has excellent down island views of Tortola and the BVIs and it opens to a small deck through screened sliding glass doors. The master bedroom faces east and also contains a desk and an upholstered chair for late night reading or writing. On the pool deck level, the guest bedroom (2 twins or king) also has a/c, a tiled bath and faces east to capture the first rays of the rising sun.
Orchid Knoll enjoys a dramatic mountain top location on the peak of Bordeaux Mountain. Bordeaux is St John’s highest mountain, and at an elevation of 1200+ feet this charming villa offers majestic 320 degree views and excellent (clothing optional) privacy and tranquility. Although Bordeaux is slowly being developed, it is still a pristine, peaceful location that offers an abundance of unspoiled tropical beauty and tranquility. The house itself was built on a ridge line and was skillfully designed to capture the spectacular beauty of its surroundings, including an awesome view that includes St Croix to the south, St Thomas (west), Jost Van Dyke (north), Tortola, (northeast) and Virgin Gorda in the east. This is the most panoramic vista that we offer, and it’s really spectacular. It’s a 20-25 minute drive into Cruz Bay, 10-15 minutes into the smaller town of Coral Bay and a 10-15 minute drive to the National park beaches.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 10%
- Sept. 22 - Oct. 15, 2017
- Off Season Pricing
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$3425/wk for 2 people * $3705/wk for 3 * $3985/wk for 4
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 – Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$1960/wk for 2 people * $2205/wk for 3 * $2450/wk for 4
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
As you drive along Centerline Road and approach the Bordeaux Mountain overlook, you take a left onto a newly paved road and drive through the dense subtropical rainforest on the top of Bordeaux Mountain. After about a mile you reach Orchid Knoll and are rewarded with some of the most spectacular views, undisturbed privacy and natural beauty available on St John. If you have a sense of adventure and a desire to get away from it all, and if you long to try something a little bit off the beaten path, then Orchid Knoll will reward you. If you worship the quiet splendors of nature, dazzling sunrises and sunsets and nights meant for stargazing, but also want a modern, well equipped and comfortable home, you'll love this villa. This very private and romantic mountain top villa is ideal for honeymooners and other lovers, but we also recommend this unique home for adventuresome families, tan all over sun worshippers, or anyone seeking undisturbed peace and quiet.
If Orchid Knoll is not available, we have also have Summerwind (4 bedroom) and Bordeaux Breeze (2 bedroom). Both are located on Bordeaux Mountain and are just as peaceful and private.
- Guest Comments:
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Orchid Knoll! The home was as beautiful as your website indicated and it was the perfect location for privacy and relaxation! Thank you!
- We loved Orchid Knoll! We were looking for a spectacular view and we got that and then some!! The villa is truly adorable!! Thank you!
- We had another wonderful visit to Orchid Knoll and St John! Thank you!