Oleander is a 3 bedroom, 3 bath villa was built in 1991. Over the years it has been updated with new hurricane sliding doors, new appliances, beds, curtains, outdoor furniture and much more. It is well kept and a very well equipped villa. Oleander is a two level design with a master bedroom, living room and open kitchen on the lower level with the pool. Parking is on the upper level and a walk down the stairs takes you directly to the pool and sundeck, located in the middle of the villa. There is a king bedroom on the upper level as you enter the villa and the third king is in the main house also on the upper level at the top of the stairs. There is a full bathroom in the main house and each of the other two bedrooms, two of which are garden showers. There are covered decks off the dining room and off both mater bedrooms, and a wrap around sundeck around the pool. Oleander faces south and the pool and sundeck are blessed with sun in all the right places all day long.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 3
- Bed Description: 3 Kings
- Bathrooms: 3
- Property Location: Klein Bay
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: 3100 Sq. ft. (approx)
- Year Property Complete: 2009 - refurbished
- Beach: Klein Bay - Walk to pebble beach
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 18' x 12' x 5' deep
- Air Conditioning: Yes, 2 master bedrooms, No a/c in loft
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: 10 minute drive to Cruz Bay (town) on paved roads.
- Living Dining: The living room is casual and island elegant, with its beamed cathedral ceiling, arched windows, ceiling fans and terra cotta tiled floors. It is the essence of tropical relaxation. The rattan furniture includes one couch, love seat & chair with ottoman, coffee and end tables with lamps. The walls have nice Caribbean artwork, and other accessories. For your entertainment there is a cable TV/DVD, a stereo with CD and I Pod functions. A breakfront contains books, games, and puzzles for your entertainment. The formal dining area off the kitchen contains a glass topped rattan table with seating for 6-8, and a wicker bar for storing and preparing those fabled tropical drinks. The interior dining area opens through screened sliding doors to a covered dining deck with a magnificent view, a gas BBQ grill, and deck furniture with table and seating for 4. On the pool deck a third dining area has a table and seating for 4-6.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is equipped for preparing everything from snacks to seven course meals with a slide in gas stove and oven, a built-in microwave, refrigerator/freezer, large sink with garbage disposal, dishwasher, toaster, blender, coffeemaker, a printer and a phone with an in house intercom. Supplied with a complete assortment of cooking utensils, kitchen implements, Fiestaware dishes, wine and drink glasses, linens and towels you are sure to feel at home. The washer and dryer are located in a utility closet off of the pool deck.
- Bedroom Details: Oleander has two air-conditioned master bedrooms with terra cotta tiled floors. They include the king bed, nightstands, dresser, desk, chairs and cable TV with DVD players. There are two lamps for reading, a decorative comforter with curtains and sheers along with a walk in closet and luggage racks. Each has a garden shower with enough ocean view to still give you privacy. Screened sliding doors open to a private deck and a view of the shimmering turquoise waters. There is a safe for valuables and an ironing board and iron for your convenience. The tiled loft bedroom in the main house has a king bed, nightstand, lamps, dresser with mirror, a large closet, ceiling fan and luggage racks. There is a decorative comforter and curtains to frame the arched windows that provide a great view of the ocean and Ditleff Point. This bedroom also has a full bath with tiled floors.
Oleander Villa is located in beautiful Klein Bay, which is a small neighborhood of luxury homes on St John’s Caribbean coast. As of Jan. 2014, only about half of the lots in Klein Bay have been developed, which allows this area to retain much of the unique beauty, privacy and peacefulness that that are the essence of St. John. Ditleff Point is the peninsula that curves south into the Caribbean to form Klein Bay. It is beautiful from Oleander anytime of the day and especially at night when the moonlight casts a peaceful silhouette. The low hills of Ditleff soften the trade winds to insure gentle breezes and tranquil, crystal clear waters.
Oleander is less then a 5 minute walk to a pebble beach which provides swimming and snorkeling among reefs dotted with brightly colored fish, coral, sea fans, turtles and other sea life. Although Cruz Bay is only a 10 minute drive on paved roads, very few tourists come to this lovely, pristine neighborhood.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$4349/wk for 2-6 people
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2345/wk for 2 people * $2765/wk 3-4 * $3010/wk 5-6
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Oleander and its neighbor, Orchid Villa, were built in 1991 by the original developer of Klein Bay. As developers often do, this developer kept two of the choicest lots for himself. They became Oleander and Orchid Villas. Jump ahead to now and it’s still obvious that the location and design chosen for Oleander was an excellent and well-considered choice. Oleander is a well maintained, and the Villa has all the amenities you need to have a great time on your vacation. This villa offers quiet relaxation, picturesque views, and moderate privacy in an intimate setting of exclusive, 2-5 million dollar vacation homes. Oleander’s best features include:
Easy access to calm, sparkling clear waters that offer enjoyable swimming and snorkeling
The soothing background music of gentle surf breaking on the beach below you;
A bright yellow sun by day and shimmering white moon by night with the sounds of nature all around;
Two air conditioned master bedrooms with king beds and private decks and king loft with the convenience of the main house;
Colorful ever-blooming bougainvillea and oleander flowers and well kept landscaping that envelopes the house;
Stylish touches such as a custom tiled pool, arched windows, tasteful artwork, and all at a very competitive price;
If Oleander is not available for the dates you desire, or you need two villas that are close to each other you might try Orchid Villa, Oleanders sister villa, with floor plans very similar.
For 1-2 families, honeymooners, and all who desire a lovely 2-3 bedroom home in a beautiful waterfront setting, Oleander has been a consistent guest favorite and is sure to please.
- Guest Comments:
- We just returned from St John and had a wonderful time! This was our second stay with Caribbean Villas and our first at Oleander. The villa was beautiful and we loved the views from the deck area! Thank you!
- Loved our stay at Oleander!! Thank you!!
- Our trip to St John was wonderful! The weather was perfect. We really enjoyed staying at Oleander..the house, the location was just what we asked for in a rental home! Thank you!
- We all had such a great experience from the beginning when Luciah (sp) met us at the ferry with our jeep to our last nite swiming in Klein Bay. Luciah is the perfect person to represent your organization; she was full of information all conveyed with charm and a wonderful smile. Thank you so much for providing us with such a wonderful villa in such a wonderful location on the island. We hiked several trails, swam in several pristine bays, saw turtles, and enjoyed every second of our stay. We truly will visit again.