Lost in the Sun is a 2-level design in which the great room (living, dining, kitchen), half bath and the master bedroom with full bath are on the upper level, along with a water facing sun deck, hot tub and the tiled garden courtyard. You park above the house and walk down a half level to enter the great room. The two guest bedrooms and an ocean facing sun deck, seating area and hammock are on the lower level, accessed by covered exterior stairs. One enticing features is that every room has a wonderful view and the bedrooms all have memorable pillow views of Hart Bay. Another alluring feature are the six different exterior seating areas where you can relax with the sun and trade winds caressing you, or choose to be sheltered from the elements.
The 4 person hot tub is located on the south side of the villa in a natural setting that is quite private and romantic. Below the villa a short path takes you to Hart Bay Beach where you can experience some interesting snorkeling on a calm day. Lost in the Sun is a gated villa and abundant tropical landscaping surrounds the house and the hot tub.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 3
- Bed Description: 1 King, 2 Queen
- Bathrooms: 3.5
- Property Location: Hart Bay
- Proximity: Beachfront
- Property Size: Approx. 1600 sq. ft
- Year Property Complete: Refurbished in 2014
- Beach: Hart Bay Beach - walk/hike down
- Pool: No
- Pool Dimensions: No Pool
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay (town) - 2 miles; Restaurants/Nightlife - 1-2 miles; National Park Beaches - 4 miles; Supermarket - 1/2 mile; Swimming/Snorkeling - 0 mile.
- Living Dining: With a polished marble floor, vaulted ceiling, elegant woodwork, outstanding views and rich accessories, the great room creates quite a lovely atmosphere. The living area, which is tucked into the left side of the great room far away from the master bedroom, is centered on a 50” flat screen TV/DVD and is a very cozy and comfortable seating area with a stunning water view. For dining there are 4 - 5 areas to choose from when dining. The lower deck has a small table with seating for 4, and is ideal for morning coffee and a light breakfast. The upper deck has a table for 4 – 6, while the great room also has a table for 4 – 6, and the kitchen bar seats 4. The largest table seats 6 – 8 in a wind sheltered spot in the garden courtyard at the rear of the villa.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is located along the back wall and is separated from the dining area by a 4-person bar and counter. It includes a 4-burner gas stove and oven, dishwasher, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, toaster, blender, coffeemaker plus an abundance of dinnerware, cookware and cooking utensils, plus plenty of glasses and china for entertaining if the need arises. A washer/dryer is located in a laundry room off the kitchen.
- Bedroom Details: All three bedrooms are cooled by the wind off the water plus a/c if you desire, and all have water views and an adjoining bath. The master bedroom is off the great room and has a queen, 4-poster mahogany bed, stonewall, tiled floor, 32” flat screen TV/DVD and ample closet space. It opens to unforgettable views and the upper deck through sliding glass doors. The queen and king bedrooms on the lower deck are accessed by exterior stairs and each bedroom has a 30” flat screen TV/DVD. The two lower bedrooms open to a sundeck with seating for four, plus recliners and a hammock.
Lost in the Sun is a waterfront villa located in Hart Bay, which is a small seaside, residential neighborhood that is a 3-mile drive from the ferry dock in Cruz Bay. The villa is located on an oversized 1.2-acre waterfront lot, with a well-maintained path down to the water. The house offers splendid views that overlook Hart Bay and the south coast of St. John, including portions of the National Park. This is a very quiet and semi private setting with no vehicle noise and hardly a sound to be heard, except the welcoming sound of surf breaking on the shore below you. Like its name implies, Lost in the Sun is a villa for those who enjoy the warmth of the sun for it floods one of your decks from early morning to late afternoon.
It’s about a 2 mile drive to the Dolphin Market for groceries, and less than 2-miles to the restaurants and spa at the Westin Resort, and about 100 feet to the waters of the Caribbean.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$3500/wk for 2 people * $3745/wk for 3 * $3990/wk for 4 * $4235/wk for 5 * $4480/wk for 6
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$1960/wk for 2 people * $2205/wk for 3 * $2450/wk for 4 * $2695/wk for 5 * $2940/wk for 6
Thanksgiving – Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Prior to 2012 Lost in the Sun was rented under the name Poinciana. In 2012 the home was sold and purchased by the new owner who fortunately happens to be an interior decorator, and the entire house was completely remodeled, refurnished and accessorized before being placed on the rental market in January of 2015. We think the result is a very well designed home that exudes a genuine sense of comfort, hominess and style. A few of the best features are:
Lost in the Sun’s parcel of land is almost five times the average St. John lot size, including over a hundred and fifty feet of shore front on Hart Bay. In addition to offering more privacy this site is very peaceful and quiet – there is no noise from passing cars or trucks, no noise at all, except the sounds of trade winds wafting through the house and small surf breaking on the shore below you.
Although this is a moderately sized villa, it offers more exterior living and dining spaces than many large homes. If you want a private place in the sun, you can choose from six different lounging areas: 1) at the small beach below you, 2) the lower sea deck, 3) the upper sea deck, 4) the hot tub deck, 5) the west porch, and 6) the wind sheltered garden courtyard.
The 4 – 6 person hot tub is located off to the side of the villa in a very private and romantic location with especially enchanting views of the moonlit bay.
The versatile floor plan is excellent for one couple, very comfortable for 2 couples and quite suitable for a family with 3-4 children. Every room has a lovely water view and the interior and exterior of the villa are a blend of coziness and elegance that we think our guests will find quite pleasing.