Le Lapin is a 2-level home that has the kitchen, living areas and 2 bedrooms on the lower level, while two large master bedrooms accessed by interior stairs are on the upper level. Both Dolphin Run and Le Lapin were built by the same owner so they are similar in design, including unique wraparound decks and covered porches on both levels.
The 34′ x 12′ solar heated pool is surrounded by a beautiful tiled sundeck and colorful tropical landscaping. The pool and sundeck are located on the less windy, west side of the house where the sun shines from sunup to sunset. Even though Le Lapin is a south facing home, its unique design keeps the house surprisingly cool and comfortable, even in the warmest summer months.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 4
- Bed Description: 2 Kings, 2 Sets of Twins convert to King
- Bathrooms: 3.5
- Property Location: Hart Bay
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: N/A
- Year Property Complete: 2002
- Beach: Nat. Park - 15 min. drive
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 34 'x 12', solar heated
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: 10 minute drive into Cruz Bay on mostly paved roads.
- Living Dining: The living and dining areas capture east and west views through screened sliding glass doors. The living room includes a cable color TV/VCR and a stereo/cassette/CD. You may dine inside at a teak table that seats 6-8, or outside on the covered deck overlooking the pool, also at a teak table for 6-8.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is both handsome and functional, with granite counter tops, mahogany cabinets, dishwasher, microwave, toaster, coffeemaker, etc., 4 burner stove and oven, refrigerator/freezer, telephone and complete dinnerware, cookware and utensils. Guests also have access to a washer/dryer.
- Bedroom Details: The lower level bedrooms have twin beds that convert to king beds, while the large master bedrooms on the upper level both have king beds. All 4 bedrooms have air conditioning, tiled baths and showers, walk in closets and views of Hart Bay through screened sliding glass doors.
Le Lapin is located in Hart Bay on the top of the largest hill separating Hart Bay from Chocolate Hole. Le Lapin sits above the beach at Hart Bay in a private and very quiet spot with outstanding 300-degree views, including magnificent sunrises and sunsets. This is the highest elevation of any of our Hart Bay homes and the splendid views include Hart Bay, Rendezvous Bay and the south shore of St. John, Chocolate Hole, Pillsbury Sound and St. Thomas.
It’s a 10 minute drive into Cruz Bay on mostly paved roads.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$4795/wk for 2 people * $5040/wk for 3 * $5285/wk for 4 * $5530/wk for 5 * $5775/wk for 6
$6020/wk for 7 * $6265/wk for 8
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2520/wk for 2 people * $2765/wk for 3 * $3010/wk for 4 * $3255/wk for 5 * $3500/wk for 6
$3745/wk for 7 * $3990/wk for 8
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Desirable real estate on St. John is all about "location, location", and with its lovely hilltop setting and its functional design, Le Lapin certainly qualifies as desirable. Le Lapin is the last villa on a dead end road that winds up the tallest hill overlooking Hart Bay. There's no noise from traffic, just the sound of surf breaking on Hart Bay Beach, so you can relax in delightful peace and quiet and precious privacy.
Le Lapin's superb location and wraparound decks on both levels provide great views in all directions, including beautiful water vistas of the south shore of St. John to the east and south and Pillsbury Sound to the west. Even at night you have a choice of marvelous views: the distant twinkling lights of St. Thomas to the west or moonlight shimmering over Hart Bay to the east. This is also a sun lover's house. From your bed you can watch the morning sun rise out of the sea, then bask in its warmth all day by the pool, and later watch it slowly fall into the Caribbean sky in a blaze of color.
Le Lapin was designed as a child friendly home that is great for families, and with its romantic location this is also an enticing villa for honeymooners and couples. If you're familiar with the earlier version of Le Lapin (now called Dolphin Run), you might wonder why anyone would sell such an enjoyable vacation home. The answer lies in this very inviting and attractive new home.
- Guest Comments:
- Le Lapin was ideal for our families. The deck and pool areas are very nice. The home is an exceptional villa with spectacular views and great privacy! Thank you!
- We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Le Lapin. Thank you!
- We had another great vacation on St John. This is our 5th year with Caribbean villas and our 3rd year at Le Lapin. Love the house! Thank you!
- Thank you very much for a wonderful vacation ! This is our 6th time in St John, and we all agree that this was the best villa yet (except for the road up to the house - what a spine buster !!). The house was great, the views were fabulous and we all had a great time. Thanks again for all of the help that you and your staff gave us in selecting this villa.
- MJ and I wanted to say thank you for assisting us with our reservation at Le Lapin. It is the first time a villa has ever exceeded our expectations! It was very clean, well stocked and laid out, and had super nice east west views! I will be posting a positive review on Trip advisor soon…though I am hesitant to do so, as I would like to keep this villa as our little secret!