When you stay at Jazz Villa, you will find this home to be warm and inviting. The two level design offers you plenty of privacy but with the large great room there is still plenty of space to gather to enjoy each others company. From the great room you can open the large sliders to the expansive pool deck, offering a wonderful indoor/outdoor feel to this beautiful living space. The 40 x 18-ft pool is one of the largest on the island and there is nothing better than floating away the day in your own private pool.
On opposite sides of the great room are two air-conditioned bedrooms, each with an attached bath. Both upper level bedrooms open on to the pool deck, making it easy to go for that early morning or late evening swim! On the left side of the great room there is an interior staircase down to the 3rd interior access, air-conditioned bedroom and private bath. This bedroom has a screened slider which opens to a private patio. There are exterior stairs from the pool deck that you will take down to the 4th and most private air-conditioned bedroom at Jazz Villa. This bedroom has a private en-suite bathroom. Just around the corner from this bedroom is the access to the laundry room, which is available for guests to use.
The owners of this beautiful home want their villa to become your ‘home away from home’. They are continuously making improvements, with new furniture, newly added stainless steel appliances in the kitchen, a new outdoor awning, which provides a shaded area for guests to relax under and they regularly paint the interior, giving the home a fresh, new feel every time it is done.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 4
- Bed Description: 2 Kings, 2 Queens
- Bathrooms: 4
- Property Location: Chocolate Hole (hillside)
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: 3000 sq. ft. (approx)
- Year Property Complete: 2001 remodel
- Beach: Nat. Park - 15 min. drive
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 40 x 18 x 4-6 ft deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay is an easy 7-10 minute drive on paved roads.
- Living And Dining: As you enter this beautiful home, you walk in to the great room and your view is immediately drawn to the pool and the views beyond. Your comfortable and attractive living room furniture is a perfect spot to gather to spend time together! Watch TV, play some card games or do nothing at all! The vaulted ceilings, tiled floors and a beautiful stonewall add to the tropical environment, while over-sized sliding glass doors merge the tiled pool deck and interior living areas seamlessly. The living room has a flat screen Cable TV/DVD, a stereo/CD and Wi-Fi internet are provided. The interior dining table, located just off the kitchen comfortably seats 6-8 people. If you feel like enjoying a meal outside, there is also a dining table on the pool deck that seats 6.
- Kitchen: The remodeled kitchen is modern and well equipped, perfect for preparing home cooked meals, or better yet, hire a private chef to prepare a delicious meal for you! You are on vacation after all! If you like to grill, there is a gas barbecue on the pool deck ready and waiting for you to grill burgers and steaks! The washer/dryer is on the lower level. Beach chairs, beach coolers, beach towels, bath towels and all linens are provided! The only thing needed, is "you"!
- Bedroom Details: Jazz Villa has 4 large, air conditioned bedrooms (2 kings, 2 queens) and they are located on opposite ends of the villa on both levels to insure maximum privacy. The two upstairs bedrooms open on to the pool deck, while the two lower bedrooms open on to their own private patio's. Each bedroom has its own private bathroom.
Jazz Villa enjoys a quiet hillside location in Chocolate Hole on the west end of St. John. The south and west facing orientation provides beautiful 180-degree views that include St. Croix, Hart Bay, Chocolate Hole Harbor, St Thomas, romantic Caribbean sunsets, and the twinkling lights of distant islands at night. This is a peaceful and serene setting on an oversized lot that is accented throughout by colorful and mature tropical landscaping. The setting also provides enough privacy for discreet clothing optional sun bathing. Although you feel quite removed from civilization, Cruz Bay is an easy 7-10 minute drive on paved roads.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
After making your villa/condo booking with us, you have 7 days to send us your rental deposit and guest contract. Payment is by check, personal check is fine. Your sending us payment on your villa rental becomes a binding agreement; it constitutes your acceptance and agreement to these terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions as mentioned in our Payment and Cancellation Polices section on this page. If you have any problems or questions with any of this information, please be sure to call us for discussion and explanation before you send us your villa rental deposit monies and contract.
PAYMENTS: Caribbean Villas requires 50% down within 7 days of making your reservation by check only. Failure to make this payment subjects your reservation to automatic cancellation. The balance of your reservation including the tax/service charge and security deposit where applicable; is due 60 days prior to arrival. If traveling during the Christmas/New Years time period, the balance including the tax/service charge is due 120 days prior to arrival. Rates are based on Cash Prices – Payment is by check. To pay with a visa/mastercard there is a 3% service fee. Please make the checks payable to Caribbean Villas and mail them to 89 Mussey Rd., Suite 103, Scarborough, ME 04074.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Once Caribbean Villas has received your deposit all payments are non-refundable/non-changeable. If you cancel/change your reservation, and we are able to rebook your entire set of travel dates, your money will be refunded, less a 20% administration fee of the total room charge. If a replacement rental is not obtained for your entire set of travel dates, there will be no refund. There will be no exceptions to this policy. Caribbean Villas highly recommends trip cancellation insurance.
HURRICANE AND/OR STORM POLICY: There will be no refunds given for acts of God or force majeure, such as hurricanes, tropical storms etc on St John, USVI. This policy applies to current and all future guests who have reservations to travel or are on St John. We highly recommend trip cancellation insurance. If insurance is not purchased and St John is impacted by an act of god or force majeure we will hold your money on account for a future stay. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE: Consumer Advocates – Trip Cancellation Insurance. Please verify all terms and conditions of coverage with the trip cancellation insurance company. It is the guests responsibility to cover themselves in the event they need to cancel or change their vacation plans.
Please note: If we do not have your arrival information 60 days prior to your check-in, there will be a $50 charge applied to your security deposit.
PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS: If you are a U.S. Citizen traveling to the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. John, St. Thomas, St. Croix) you will need Proof of Citizenship; this is a Photo ID and a birth certificate with a raised seal (photo copies are not allowed). *For further information: http://www.travel.state.gov * Please note: If you are traveling to the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. John, St. Thomas, St. Croix) and are planning to do any day trips/day sails to the British Virgin Island or any other Caribbean country you will need a valid U.S. Passport
MAID SERVICE: Our homes/condos do not include maid service. Maid Service may be arranged at an additional cost. Towels, linens, beach towels and paper products are provided for your entire stay. Any additional supplies will need to be purchased by the guest.
HOTEL TAX/SERVICE CHARGE: If traveling to St. John, a 12.5% hotel tax and 5% service charge will be added to your reservation. (When the hotel tax changes all reservations are subject to the tax increase.)
DAMAGE DEPOSITS (Security Deposit): Our Villas and Condos for the island of St. John all require a damage deposit. The deposit is $500-$1500 depending on the property reserved. In most cases this deposit may be applied to a Visa or MasterCard. Our consultants will advise you at the time of booking which policy applies to your rental home. The security deposits are fully refundable within 60 days of your departure, provided there is no breakage, damage, missing items, no charges incurred before, during or after your stay, still outstanding. All normal utilities (except long-distance phone calls or careless or extremely excessive use of your villa’s water supply) are included in your rental price. You hereby agree to pay Caribbean Villas on behalf of the owner of your villa the cleaning or replacement costs for all damages to personal property or to the real estate, which may occur as a result of your occupancy, excluding normal wear and tear. Locked pantries and closets are reserved for the use of the villa owner and are not included in this rental. You as a Guest agree to take all reasonable steps to ensure that your family and other guests in your party adhere to the rules and regulations affecting your villa. All villas are privately owned, so decor, colors and inventories will of course vary. All villas are fully furnished, including an ample supply of bed linens and towels for Guests’ use. Rearranging of furniture or removing any items from the villa is prohibited.
LIABILITY: Caribbean Villas, is acting hereunder as an agent for accommodations, and assumes no liability for property loss or damages, nor liability for injury, accident, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle or the acts of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers to or from their villa. Transportation (airlines, ferries, charter vessels, rental cars and taxis) is supplied by providers who operate independently of Caribbean Villas. We assume no responsibility, therefore, for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property because of the acts of those providers. Furthermore, guests are responsible for their villa during occupancy, and must lock villa windows and doors securely at all times when not on the premises, and must exercise care in securing all personal property. Guests must observe all cautions as given in our blue guest book and/or by your local contact. All Caribbean Villa’s properties are privately owned. The Owner and Caribbean Villas reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at their complete discretion. Any and all disputes will be subject to jurisdiction only in the USVI.
COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Caribbean Villas shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, television/cable service, internet access, appliances, etc. Due to wild fluctuations in our island electrical service and the lack of trained technicians here, we cannot guarantee that hot tubs at villas will operate correctly at all times, and no rebates will be given due to hot tub malfunctions. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problem or damage IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour. No refunds will be considered unless problems are reported and reviewed by our staff during your stay on island.
CONSTRUCTION NOISE: Due to the amount of new villa construction on St. John, it is a possibility that construction may occur near your villa rental. Any construction and the possibility of new construction is outside the control of Caribbean Villas.
ENTRY INTO VILLA: Caribbean Villas or its staff may enter your villa to perform any repairs as necessary. If your villa is on the market for sale, we reserve the right to allow the villa to be shown, but only by advance appointment made with Guest. We will make every effort to schedule such brief showings at a time convenient to you, to respect your privacy, and not interrupt your vacation.
SUBSTITUTION: Caribbean Villas reserves the right to substitute comparable or better accommodations without liability, should the villa reserved be sold, out of order, double booked or be deemed substandard by us for any reason. If comparable accommodations are not available, Guest may receive a complete refund of all pro- rated rent and Hotel Tax/Service Charge paid for the original villa.
CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for (based on two persons per bedroom). Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will not be allowed entry into the villa. Exceptions to this term are made only by management, prior to your arrival dates and for infants under 2 yrs old; if sleeping in a baby crib and not occupying one of the villa’s beds.
QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: Caribbean Villas wishes to maintain a family atmosphere for the quiet enjoyment of Guests. We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties or functions such as weddings are allowed at the villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood.
RATES AND PRINTING ERRORS: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
CHECK IN TIME: St. John – 3:00 p.m. and forward. CHECK-OUT TIME: 10:00 a.m. sharp. PETS: No pets of any kind are allowed in or on the villa premises. A pet or evidence of a pet found on the villa premises will cause immediate eviction and forfeiture of Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
ARRIVALS: For St. John there is one complimentary arrival that brings the arriving guests to the vehicle rental to pick up their reserved vehicle and then escorts the party to their villa. For 8pm -12 midnight arrivals there is a $50 check-in fee. You may schedule additional arrivals as needed for $75 per arrival. Please note: If we do not have your arrival information 60 days prior to your check-in, there will be a $50 charge applied to your security deposit.
CABLE TELEVISION: For St. John, most of the homes have expanded cable, with a few exceptions. Occasionally there is a problem with the cable television service. Caribbean Villas does not have any control over the cable service and repairs are currently taking between 8-14 days to complete.
PHONE SERVICE: ALL LONG DISTANCE PHONE CALLS ARE RESTRICED. We ask all guests to use a calling card to make long distance phone calls.Local calls are free. Occasionally there is a problem with the telephone lines for the villa and condo rentals. Caribbean Villas does not have any control over the telephone company and repairs are currently taking up to 30 days to complete. Rapture and Kalorama only have cell phone service.
CELL PHONE USAGE ALONG THE NORTH SHORE: If you use your cell phone on the north side of the island there is a good chance you will pick up the cell tower on Tortola (British Virgin Islands). If this happens you will be charged for an international call on your cell phone plan. DRUGS AND
HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Guests and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa and illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property.
VILLA, SAFE AND GATE KEYS: Caribbean Villas shall charge Guests $175 for each set of lost or mishandled keys; gate remote controls will be charged at replacement cost. Guest is required to follow all instructions precisely on where to leave your villa keys and gate remote controls when you depart–call if you are unsure!
CONSERVING ELECTRICITY: Due to the cost of electricity doubling, the air-conditioning in our villas/condos will not be turned on when you are checked into your property. At check-in, our staff will be happy to show you how to turn the systems on and off, should you decide to use the air-conditioning. We are requesting that you turn the air-conditioning off in all rooms when not at the villa. It does not take long to cool a room down when you return to the villa. We understand this is your vacation and we want it to be enjoyable and relaxing. Anything you are willing to do will be appreciated in conserving your electrical usage.
SMOKING: All Villas are non-smoking. Guests may be fined up to $150 for smoking violations. GARBAGE REMOVAL: Guests are responsible for removal of all trash from their villa. A $75 fee will be applied to guest’s security deposit if rental agent is required to remove trash left behind. There are numerous dumpsters throughout the island for your use.
CABLE/INTERNET/TELEPHONE/ELECTRICITY: In the Virgin Islands these services may be interrupted. If an interruption occurs the rental manager will report the problem but we have no control over service repairs. There will be no rental refunds due to the interruption of these services. Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- In Season Prices
Jan. 4, 2020 – April 10, 2020
$4795/wk for 2 people * $5040/wk for 3 * $5285/wk for 4 * $5530/wk for 5 * $5775/wk for 6
$6020/wk for 7 * $6265/wk for 8
- Off Season Pricing
April 13, 2019 – Dec. 20, 2019
$2590/wk for 2 people * $2835/wk for 3 * $3080/wk for 4 * $3325/wk for 5 * $3570/wk for 6
$3815/wk for 7 * $4060/wk for 8
- Holiday Rates (Flat Rate)
Off Season Rates Apply
(Dec 21, 2019 – Jan. 3, 2020)
$7518/wk for 2-8 people
- 12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Fee
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Based on the feedback of hundreds of guests from Jazz Villa and her sister homes, our guest's very much approve of this spacious and comfortable villa style. Jazz Villas' large pool and 2100 square feet of tiled deck, roomy and air-conditioned bedrooms, southern orientation, lovely views, colorful sunsets, peaceful yet convenient location, and colorful tropical landscaping are popular features . The versatile design of Jazz has proven to be very popular with families and couples. Exercise enthusiasts love the 40’ pool, and the romantic sunset views and privacy are adored by lovers. If Jazz Villa is unavailable, for a different location with a similar floor plan, look at Rainbow Beach Villa or Villa Rendezvous.
- Guest Comments:
- In a word - FABULOUS! That is how I would describe our stay at Jazz Villa and St John! The villa was everything as was described and more! Very spacious, well appointed and met our every need. We loved our visit and it was a pleasure to come back to our villa at the end of the day.
- We had a wonderful vacation on St John. This is our 7th or 8th time on St John and the 3rd time we have rented Jazz villa. It is a perfect house for our family -- huge pool and great location! We very much enjoyed our visit!
- Much thanks! It was a wonderful stay. Can't say enough good things about Jazz Villa and your wonderful service! Thank you!
- I don't know where to begin to thank you. Your home exceeded all expectations. The pictures didn't do it justice and the comfort and attention to detail were that of a resort hotel. From the moment we arrived at the house we knew we chose the right home. Your attention to small details really surprised us. The fact that we typically travel with nightlights and they were already there shocked us. We loved the quality of the towels (both bath and pool) and that everything was in good working order. The notes that were left around the house to identify lights, directions to connect to the wifi system, etc took all the guess work out of the process. The kitchen items were well thought out from grill utensils to bowls for popcorn. We have rented so many homes over the years and you have set the standard quite high for future rentals. One simple key thing that blew us away was how clean the home is maintained. Everything from the bathrooms to the kitchen utensils/pots were perfect. With most rentals renters know you will have to spot clean some things as you use them or feel that something is not quite the way you would maintain it at home. However everything we used at the house was spotless. Your management company and cleaning service should be commended for an excellent job. It goes without saying the pool was a huge hit. With the sun setting early this time of year, we would go to a different beach each day and return mid afternoon for cocktails and pool time. The kids were in the water after dinner which was a great treat.
- Thank you so much for the "welcome back" message! We had a lovely stay. This was our second trip to St. John and our first on this side of the island. The villa was everything we expected....very clean and well maintained. The service from Caribbean Villas was also excellent. We really appreciated your managing our jeep pickup and return. The management company we worked with last year did not provide that service. We also had a service call to replace a nearly empty propane tank for the grill. There was some confusion at first because the tank had been replaced not that long ago, but when I called again, someone came right over. We are already talking about our third trip and will book through you if we are lucky enough to return.
- Had an amazing time in st. john. The villa was great. Place is beautiful and very clean. kitchen well stocked; previous renters had left some things in fridge and cabinet and we put them to good use; We also left some things for future renters. The kitchen/living area was a bit hot during the early afternoon but we managed. I was thinking that it might have been a bit cooler if there were curtains to pull over the sliders to keep the sun out. Most days we came home later in the day and it wasn't so bad; Bugs were out quite early in the afternoon too but we had plenty of spray. Happens to us in Massachusetts where we live too! Short drive to shopping and beaches. Would highly recommend for others interested in staying in st. john. there were also some pool floats and snorkel masks. Most beautiful view of st. thomas at night! Also had a deer in the yard which was wonderful to see since I have them here visiting at my home now and then. The grounds were beautiful; we also picked a few pieces of fruit! Please tell the owners we had a great time and would definitely go back but I think now that we've been' there other family members are interested and we might need a bigger place :-) Thanks again for all your help and assistance and answering the many questions I had. You were all wonderful to work with!