Jasmine is an intimate 2-level, 2 bedroom plus loft, 2 bath home with central air conditioning (in the upper level only) and a pool surrounded by a tropical garden. You park on the upper level and enter into the great room with its terra cotta tiled floors, cathedral ceiling, and delightful views. There is a sun deck with lovely views off the great room and multiple screened sliding glass doors and large ceiling fans insure a constant flow of cool breezes, or you may close the doors and enjoy air conditioned comfort. The master bedroom is off the great room and the guest bedroom is on the lower level, accessed by exterior stairs. The pool and its sun deck are also on the lower level.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 5
- Bed Description: 1 King, 4 Twins
- Bathrooms: 2
- Property Location: Great Cruz Bay (hillside)
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 1200+ sq ft
- Year Property Complete: 1994(remodeled)
- Beach: The beach below at the Westin Hotel
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: approx. 10 x 20, 5 ft deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay (town) - 1 mile; swimming/snorkeling at beach - 1/4 mile; tennis - 1/4 mile; restaurants - 1/4 mile; National Park beaches - 2.5 miles.
- Living Dining: Sliding glass doors open from the living room onto a wraparound deck, allowing great views of the Caribbean and creating an indoor/outdoor living area that is constantly caressed by the trade winds. A bar/countertop separates the kitchen from the living room. The honey rattan furniture is accented by colorful rugs, lamps and artwork. The entertainment system includes a 32" flat screen cable TV with DVD and a AM/FM stereo with CD and iPod capability. Dine inside in your cozy dining room in wicker high back chairs surrounding a glass and wicker table for 4-6, or dine outside on the deck at a table seating 4-6.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is well equipped with a 4-burner electric stove, GE refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, blender, toaster and coffeemaker, cookware, server ware, utensils and attractive dinnerware for 6. Also included are a washer/dryer, telephone, Webber BBQ grill and an iron and ironing board.
- Bedroom Details: The 3 bedrooms are on different levels, and provide comfortable sleeping quarters for families or couples. The master bedroom/bath (king bed) and guest bedroom/bath (2 twins) are both attractively furnished with the master off the great room and the guest bedroom on the lower level for maximum privacy. The loft third bedroom is accessible by stairs and contains two twin beds. Both bathrooms are done in handsome ceramic tile with terra cotta tiled floors.
Jasmine sits about 140 feet above the harbor at Great Cruz Bay, above and behind its neighbor Periwinkle. It is nestled into a hillside garden that includes bougainvillea, hibiscus, jasmine, bird of paradise, periwinkle and other tropical flowers that bloom continuously in a rainbow of color. The picturesque 180 degree view sweeps over Great Cruz Bay and the Caribbean to a necklace of distant Virgin islands that include Little St James, Capella, Great St. James, and a slice of St.Thomas. This villa faces south and west so it gets plenty of sun, and as evening approaches, the romantic red and gold of a Caribbean sunset unfolds before your eyes. Jasmine is also quite convenient – less than a 5-minute drive – to the restaurants and bars, groceries and shopping in the delightful town of Cruz Bay. We recommend that you rent a jeep, but because you’re only a 5-minute walk to the Westin Resort, with restaurants, a spa, beach and a taxi stand, this is one of the few villas we offer where you could get by without a jeep.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 10%
- Sept. 2- Oct. 15, 2017
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$2610/wk for 2-4 people * $2785/wk for 5 $2960/wk for 6
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
$3132/wk 2-4 * $3377/wk for 5 * $3622/wk for 6
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$1785/wk for 2 people * $1960/wk for 3 *$2135/wk for 4 * $2310/wk for 5 * $2485/wk for 6
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
It has become so expensive to build a 2-bedroom villa on St. John that very few are being built and villas like Jasmine are becoming rare commodities, especially in luxury neighborhoods like Great Cruz Bay. Jasmine has many of the attributes of our more expensive villas, including;
Gorgeous views of sailboats at rest on the turquoise waters of Great Cruz Bay, distant island lights in the evening, and best of all, stunning red and gold Caribbean sunsets,
Central a/c in the great room and master bedroom,
A private pool in a exquisite garden setting, an entertainment and work package that includes a 32" flat screen TV + DVD, AM/FM/CD player with iPod jack, wireless internet and a big desk in the great room with a lovely view,
A semi-private location in an up scale neighborhood that has retained a sense of serenity, yet you're within walking distance of the white sand beach, spa and restaurants at the Westin Resort, 140 feet below you
A well furnished, clean and cheerful interior decor that provides the essence of comfortable island living,
We have been renting Jasmine and its neighbors Periwinkle, Rosebay and Hawksbill since 1994. Thanks to good maintenance, they look as good today (2015) as they did in 1994 and what we said then is still true, dollar for dollar, this is one of the best small villa rental values on St. John. If you want to verify that, check the rental costs of the Westin condos just below you. When available, Jasmine also offers an attractive discount in our Last Minute Travel Bargains.
*Jasmine has a resident outdoor cat that visits the property
- Guest Comments:
- We really enjoyed our stay at Jasmine. The home provided everything that we needed. Having the pool for mid-day hours was a delight. We loved having breakfast and lunch outside! We will definitely be back!
- We enjoyed our stay very much! We loved the landscaping with all the flowers and the palm trees as well as the pool! The villa itself was very nice and 'island colorful'!
- We certainly did enjoy our stay. Everything was absolutely perfect. I can't think of anything that would have made our villa stay any better.
We would return tomorrow if that was possible.(6/18/17)