Island Time is a classic Caribbean design, with 2 buildings connected by decks and patios. You walk through a lushly landscaped garden courtyard (patio) to the front door which opens into the great room of the main house, with the kitchen, living and dining areas. The west master bedroom and bath is also in the main house, while the equal sized east master bedroom and bath is in a separate bedroom building (the cabana). There is a sundeck, hot tub and dining patio between the main house and the bedroom cabana. For shady outdoor relaxation there is a covered living area off the great room and covered decks off both bedrooms. All the rooms, decks and patios are on the same level and there are no interior or exterior stairs.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 2
- Bed Description: 2 Queens
- Bathrooms: 2
- Property Location: Devers Bay
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 1600 Sq.Ft. (int. & ext)
- Year Property Complete: 2007 - Refurbished
- Beach: Nat. Park - 15 min. drive
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 15' x 10' x 4.5 ft deep
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay (town) - 2 miles; Restaurants/Nightlife - 1-2 miles; National Park Beaches - 4 miles; Supermarket - 1/2 mile; Swimming/Snorkeling - 0 mile.
- Living Dining: The interior living area seats 4 and contains the TV/DVD and stereo/CD. Because the outdoor living area on the covered deck has a rocking chair, gliding loveseat, soft breezes and best views, we would say that this is the preferred place to relax, but we'll let you decide. The principle dining area is the table for 4 on the deck, in the dining alcove between the main house and the cabana. You can also dine inside at the kitchen bar, or at a smaller table in the garden courtyard behind the house.
- Kitchen: The kitchen contains all the necessities for island dining, including a 4-burner gas stove and oven, refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, microwave, blender, toaster oven, coffeemaker, cookware, etc. The house includes a gas grill, washer/dryer, beach chairs and beach towels, all bath towels and linens and of course, a telephone.
- Bedroom Details: The two bedrooms (queen beds) are in separate buildings and offer very good privacy. Both bedrooms have screened sliding glass doors that open to the covered decks, ceiling fans, closets, lovely views and tiled baths and showers.
Island Time is blessed with a wonderful setting about 60 feet above the, beach at Dever’s Bay. It sits above the villas Sunset Beach and Dream Come True, and it’s two stones throws away from Dolphin Run. Dever’s Bay is located on the south side of Bovocoap Point, which is the peninsula that separates Chocolate Hole Harbor from Hart Bay and Rendezvous Bay. Dever’s is a small bay with less than a dozen homes, so it retains a very pleasant sense of peacefulness, privacy and seclusion. A dead end road takes you to Island Time and there are only a few homes beyond you, so this quiet neighborhood experiences little road noise. Usually the only sound you’ll hear will be the surf gently breaking on the beach below you.
Island Time faces south – southwest and the sun deck and patio are bathed in sun all day and the sunset and ocean views are beautiful. The lovely view sweeps from St Croix in the south, past Frenchcap Cay and St James Islands, to St Thomas in the west. Island Time is less than a 10 minute drive into Cruz Bay on paved roads, and the restaurants, small grocery store and fitness facility at the Westin are on the way into town.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$3600/wk 2 $3950/wk for 3 * $4300/wk for 4
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2380/wk for 2 people * $2625/wk for 3 * $2870/wk for 4
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Island Time can be described in four words; exceptionally cute, charming and adorable. We could stop there and let the photos tell the story, but, as you may have noticed, we always have something more to add.
Island Time was purchased in January, 2007 and we began offering it for rent in Feb/07. Its new owners also own the very popular 2-bedroom villa, Cliffside; these owners definitely know how to pick a winner. Prior to its purchase, Island Time was lightly used and only occasionally rented. It's in like new condition and the owners are committed to keeping it that way.
The location, design and appearance of Island Time all contribute to its charm appeal but its location is the biggest contributor. The quiet, peaceful and small tropical cove called Dever's Bay is an excellent location that our guests love. This setting provides privacy and tranquility, all day sunshine, the relaxing background music of surf breaking on the beach, beautiful views from every room, and gorgeous sunsets.
With its soft pastel colors, tasteful décor and classic design, the house itself is also quite appealing. This is an intimate and very romantic villa that is a superb choice for honeymooners or lovers, but it's also large enough to comfortably accommodate two couples or a small family. You're 5-10 minutes from Cruz Bay, but very much in your own tropical dream world.
If you desire a larger yet equally appealing villa on Dever's Bay, take a look at Dream Come True (3 bedrooms), or Sunset Beach (4 bedrooms).
- Guest Comments:
- We did not want to leave St John or our villa, Island Time! Thank you for everything!
- This was our first trip to St John and our vacation could not have been better. We LOVED our villa, Island Time! It was absolutely perfect for our needs. We thought the location was ideal and the views magnificent! Thank you!
- Thank you very much for our wonderful stay at Island Time! The house, the location, the view, the weather could not have been more perfect!
- We just wanted to say how nice it was to be back at Island Time (we feel it is our home away from home though we do not own it, wish we did!). It is always sad to leave! Everything seemed to be in order. It was good to see walls painted in bedroom (off kitchen) and new bed pillows, etc. to brighten room(s) up. The outdoor fabric and wicker furniture are new, right? Tags on fabric I think gave it away? Four new beach towels were good too since the older four were showing age! Believe the grill was new too? I cleaned it pretty well before leaving to keep it looking new.
- We had a wonderful week and really loved Island Time. Everything worked out well and your staff in St. John was very helpful. Loved it and hope to go back next year.