Ilios was designed as a modern interpretation of an old Greek villa, combining the grace, beauty and colors of classic Mediterranean architecture with the comforts and conveniences of a present-day tropical home. In keeping with this theme, the centerpiece of this lovely villa is an open courtyard surrounded on 3 sides by pavilions (buildings), with a delightful sundeck and pool on the southern side of the quadrangle. Most of the living areas are on the ground level, and only one bedroom, accessed by exterior stairs, is on the upper level. The driveway to Ilios is paved and easily accessed.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 3
- Bed Description: 2 Kings, 1 Queen
- Bathrooms: 3.5
- Property Location: Hart Bay
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Year Property Complete: 1800 sq. ft.
- Beach: Nat. Park - 12 Min
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 20ft x12ft x 5ft
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay (town) is about 5-7 minute drive.
- Living Dining: The defining feature of the living room is its view – it is beautiful! The open air living room is sandwiched between the garden courtyard on one side, and a spacious covered deck on the other side. The wicker furniture seats six and there is a 32 inch TV/DVD, high speed DSL, and a stereo/CD (and the view) to entertain you. There is an interior mahogany dining table for eight off the kitchen, and a second table for eight on the upper level covered deck. On the pool deck, the cliff side table for 4-6 enjoys a striking location. All three dining stations have excellent views of the Caribbean.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is completely equipped and opens wide to the courtyard and the living area. Included are a gas 4 burner stove and oven, dishwasher, microwave, blender, coffee maker, etc.
- Bedroom Details: The master bedroom (king) overlooks the hibiscus garden and the pool. This charming private retreat includes a flat screen cable TV,a private bath with a garden shower and a private deck. A young child’s alcove with a small single bunk bed is conveniently annexed to the master bedroom, making this a joy for parents with a young child. The spacious patio level bedroom (king) also has a flat screen cable TV, private bath, garden shower and views of the courtyard garden and the Caribbean. The 2nd floor guest bedroom (queen) also has a flat screen cable TV and an attached private bath. A tiled deck has been added to this bedroom, which is a delightful place for morning coffee while watching the sun rise, or a glass of wine while watching cruise ships en route to other Caribbean destinations.
Ilios is one of the few favored homes that occupy the south – southwest facing shore of Hart Bay. Hart Bay is a picturesque, semi secluded cove on the south shore of St. John, about a 5 – 10 minute drive on paved roads from Cruz Bay. Ilios is the next to the last villa on a dead end road, so there is almost no traffic in this peaceful corner of paradise. The views looking south are of the multi colored waters of Hart Bay and the Caribbean. Also recently added are 2 – 9 ft Tuuci marine grade European umbrellas that are bolted to the sun deck. You can relax in the sun and work on your golden tan or you can put up the umbrellas and relax by the pool in the shade; the choice is yours.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$3976/wk for 2 – $4102/wk for 3 – $4228/wk for 4 – $4354/wk for 5 – $4480/wk for 6
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2065/wk for 2 – $2240/wk for 3 – $2415/wk for 4 – $2590/wk for 5 – $2765/wk for 6
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Ilios is wonderfully pleasing to the eye and the spirit, for this exceptionally charming villa is both beautiful to behold and easy to relax in and enjoy. In keeping with the architecture, the furnishings of this well equipped villa are both attractive and functional and the multi pavilion design insures excellent privacy for up to 6 persons. Ilios is the next to last villa on a dead end road, so there is almost no traffic and road noise.
In 2006 new screened doors were added to the great room, making this area more open to the gentle trade winds, but not open to the things that go buzz in the night. With its moonlit bay, private tranquility, romantic ambiance and convenient location, Hart Bay has always been very popular with our guests, and Ilios fits in perfectly with the fashionable villas that line its shores. Ilios is designed to capture all of nature’s wonderful sights and sounds, including a sunset through the hills and abundant sunshine and tropical breezes that bathe this enchanting villa. One look at the photos and the floor plan tells you that this sinfully romantic villa is ideal for honeymooners, couples and lovers, but with an annex for a small child off the master bedroom, and a nearby beach, it is also a perfect home for families. With its high -speed (DSL) internet connection, Ilios is also a great home for the business traveler or those who want to stay in touch with the other world.
- Guest Comments:
- Thank you for sharing your beautiful home. Ilios is perfect. This is our second stay at your lovely home!
- Thank you for such a lovely, happy and comfortable villa. We hope to be blessed to come here again!
- Our family vacation in St John was wonderful! Ilios is a charming property and we will rent it again when we come back to St John. We felt so blessed to have the open spaces to let the breezes blow through! Thank you for great memories in a beautiful place!
- We truly enjoyed our honeymoon at Ilios, it is a beautiful and comfortable property. The place was in immaculate condition upon our arrival, your staff did a fine job preparing the place for us. I would recommend this villa to anyone planning on visiting STJ.
- Thank you. We had a wonderful trip and will definitely return in the future. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Only problem was that we had to leave!