The Honeymoon Cottage is a very well thought out one level design that creates a romantic, cozy and comfortable honeymoon cottage. You enter into the great room which is like a studio apartment with a queen bed, a couch and a chair, all sharing the same room and all having the same view of Tortola. To the right is the modern and very well equipped kitchen. The screened in dining room and open air deck are on the front of the cottage. A short path leads up to the gazebo which shelters an outdoor bed, a hot tub and dining for two. In some months you can see pieces of a sunrise or sunset from the hot tub.
- Bedrooms: 1
- Beds: 1
- Bed Description: 1 Queen, 1 Fullsize Pullout Sofa
- Bathrooms: 1
- Property Location: Francis Bay
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: 600 sq. ft.
- Year Property Complete: 2005
- Beach: Francis Bay-5 min walk
- Pool: No
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes, Central
- Children: Please Inquire
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay is a 20-25 minute drive, and Coral Bay is 10-15 minutes away.
- Living Dining: The entire great room (living area) is cooled by an efficient air conditioning system and includes a TV/DVD/VCR (no cable) and a stereo/CD with an i Pod dock. For dining, the screened in porch has a table that seats 2-4 persons and there is a small table under the hot tub gazebo that seats 2.
- Kitchen: The handsome kitchen has mahogany cabinets, granite counters and a stainless steel refrigerator/freezer, microwave and electric stove and oven, plus a coffeemaker and a blender. There is also a telephone and a washer/dryer.
- Bedroom Details: The queen bed includes a supremely comfortable Temperpedic mattress. There is also a fullsize pullout sofa which works well for small children.
Honeymoon Cottage is located on the same dead end road that accesses Villa Serenity, within the National Park at Francis Bay. This superb north shore location offers exceptional privacy, magnificent views, tranquility and undisturbed natural beauty. Best of all, it’s an easy walk (3/10s of a mile) to the gorgeous white sands and tranquil turquoise waters of Francis Bay Beach. Your beautiful view looks down the Sir Francis Drake Channel, with Leinster Bay in the foreground, and with Little Thatch Island, Frenchman’s Cay and Tortola (all part of the British Virgin Islands) in the background. There are no St John homes that are visible, and at night the lights of Tortola and zillions of stars twinkle on the horizon. This is unquestionably a uniquely beautiful and unspoiled location. Cruz Bay is a 20-25 minute ultra scenic drive, and Coral Bay is 10-15 minutes away. And finally, Cinnamon Bay Campground is a quick 5 minute drive. There, you can find open air gazebo dining, a convenience store for food and supplies, and a beach shop providing water sport equipment rentals including kayaks, sailboards, and snorkel gear.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$2905/wk for 2 people
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2100/wk for 2 people
$2625/wk for 2
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
There are only a handful of homes in the pristine Francis Bay area, and we offer most of them, including the Honeymoon Cottage’s neighbor, Villa Serenity. If you are looking for a larger, more elegant villa, you might enjoy, On a Clear Day ... a newly built 4 bedroom home or the 5 bedroom, luxurious Francis Bay Estates, which is one of our Ultra Luxury Villas. Like its neighbors, the Cottage is pretty much hidden from view. Nothing sees you and you see nothing except tropical forests, turquoise waters and sailboats and islands off in the distance. Today, Francis Bay remains pretty much the same as when the National Park acquired these lands in 1952, unspoiled, mostly undeveloped and beautiful.
The Cottage was designed to be a romantic honeymoon retreat. The hot tub and bed under the hillside gazebo are definitely in keeping with the honeymoon theme, and this hideaway setting is a lovely place for a romantic getaway.
If you’re a couple who love the idea of swimming, snorkeling, hiking, and beach combing in a national park setting on a beautiful tropical island, and if you’ve got a bit of a sense of adventure – then a week in Honeymoon Cottage is definitely a week that you’ll remember forever.
- Guest Comments:
- My wife and I had a great time staying at the Honeymoon Cottage for our honeymoon. It was perfect! Thank you!
- We had a great time at the Honeymoon Cottage! It exceeded our expectations and we are already talking about coming back....thank you!
- I wanted to tell you what a great time we had in St John. The villa was incredible, it was without a doubt the best vacation of my life! My only regret is that I didn't stay longer!
- Everything was perfect!!! Will post a rave review if possible on tripadvisor...I'm having a hard time finding the cottage listed but will try next week when I am no longer jet lagged:(. Thanks for everything!!!! Never met Terry, but Olivier was terrific...friendly, helpful, kind:). Thanks to all of you also.
- We had an absolutely wonderful stay on St. John and could not have been happier with our choice of accommodations at the Honeymoon Cottage. The location was perfect for us. We quickly fell into a routine of rising early with the sun and then heading out for some early morning snorkeling before anyone else was at the beach and then hiking on the beautiful trails through the amazing variety of terrain, vegetation, and cultural features. We were surprised with the donkeys, mongoose, deer, crabs, goats, sheep.... After hiking and finding lunch somewhere, we would head to a beach for snorkeling where we got to enjoy the reefs, fish (even a barracuda or two and a little nurse shark patrolling the shore), sea turtles, and more sea life than I could name. An afternoon siesta back at the cottage and then another evening swim at Francis Bay beach rounded out the days outdoor activities. We would have to vote for Francis Bay beach as our favorite on the island and we really enjoyed having it all to ourselves in the evening. And within just a few minutes' walk of the cottage! We dined out a couple of times in the evening but we found it was much more relaxing to pick up our dinner in the afternoon for a "reheat" or prepare a meal at the cottage and then enjoy the evening. Thanks again to Caribbean Villas and the owner for making it such a great experience. Also a special thanks to Terry and Olivier for making our check in so smooth and for their assistance through the week. The villa is well equipped, very well maintained, and perfectly situated and organized for one of the most relaxing vacations ever!