Hawksbill is one of the few villas that we offer where the living spaces, bedrooms, pool and sundecks are all on the same level, making this an ideal villa for guests who have trouble with stairs. You park on the same level as the pool deck and enter the living room through French doors. Beyond the living room the kitchen and both bedrooms are on the left, and the media room/den is on the right. There is a sun deck off the south side of the villa and the private pool and pool deck are on the west side.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 2
- Bed Description: 1 King, 1 Queen
- Bathrooms: 2
- Property Location: Great Cruz Bay (hillside)
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 1900+ sq.ft.
- Year Property Complete: 2003 - remodel
- Beach: Westin Beach
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 7.5 ft x 19 ft
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, Bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: Cruz bay (town) - 1 mile; swimming/snorkeling at beach - 1/4 mile; tennis - 1/4 mile; restaurants - 1/4 mile; National Park beaches - 2.5 miles
- Living Dining: The living room is bordered on the south and west by an L shaped deck and nine screened French doors with arched windows that open to create a pleasurable indoor/outdoor environment. Light rose colored floors, honey wicker furniture, ocean views, and the sound of palm fronds rustling in the gentle breeze create a romantic and relaxing environment.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is a centrally located cooking and socializing environment, with white cabinets and mahogany trim and white and cobalt blue tiled countertops. It is equipped with a 4 burner gas stove, dishwasher, microwave, refrigerator/freezer, double sink, toaster, blender, coffeemaker and a complete set of china, dinnerware, cooking utensils and kitchen tools and equipment. A telephone, gas grill, iron and ironing board are also included. Guests may dine inside at the glass topped rattan table seating 4-6 or outside on the pool deck at the umbrella table seating 4.
- Bedroom Details: The two air conditioned bedrooms (king and queen size beds) are similar in size and furnishings, and each has a tiled private bath. Both are decorated in a charming tropical decor, including lace curtains that billow softly with the gentle trade winds. Opening windows and ceiling fans provide excellent ventilation and both bedrooms are located on the north side of the house to keep them cool and comfortable.
Hawksbill is located 140′ above the harbor at Great Cruz Bay in a semi private and scenic location with ocean views framed by lush coconut palms. The impressive views include Hart Bay, Chocolate Hole Bay, Great Cruz Bay, St. James, St Thomas and other distant islands. This villa sits above a bountiful hillside garden and faces south and west so it gets plenty of sun, fabled Caribbean sunsets, and the lights of distant islands twinkling at night. Hawksbill is a very convenient 4 minute walk from the restaurants, beach and Spa at the Westin Resort, and a 5 minute drive from the restaurants and boutiques of the colorful village of Cruz Bay.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 15%
- Sept. 2- Oct. 15, 2017
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$2795/wk for 2 people * $3075/wk for 3 * $3320/wk for 4
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 64)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$1855/wk for 2 people * $1995/wk for 3 * $2135/wk for 4
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Hawksbill was entirely remodeled in 2003 and as of February, 2015 it remains an attractive, enjoyable and yet quite affordable 2-bedroom villa. Its attributes include: classic styling with native stonework, French doors, arched windows and cathedral ceilings; an inviting and relaxing interior decor; colorful landscaping and a semi private pool, and a very convenient location with great views, lots of sun and beautiful sunsets. Hawksbill is a fine example of casually elegant and romantic island living. If you're a honeymooner or a couple in need of some island romance, or a small family, this is a fine choice. and both St. John and this pleasant villa are places you will likely return to. Both Hawksbill and its neighbors Jasmine, Rosebay and Periwinkle offer good discounts (when available) in our Last Minute Travel Bargains.
* Hawksbill has a resident outdoor cat that visits the property.
- Guest Comments:
- We had a lovely time and really loved everything about Hawksbill! Thank you!
- The villa was perfect! From the moment we wallked into Hawksbill we felt at home, it was the perfect place to stay for the four of us. Thank you!
- We had a wonderful time on St. Johns. We didn't want to leave! Hawksbill was wonderful. We were a little concerned that the whole villa was not air conditioned, but the breezes up on the hill with the french doors open made it very comfortable. We loved the pool and eating out on the deck and enjoying the view! Hopefully it won't be 5 years before we visit again. We'd like to make it back maybe in 2015. I'm sure we'll be in touch when the time comes. Thanks again for everyones hard work to make our vacation special.