Elysium is a 2300+ sq/ft, 2+ level villa. You park on the upper level and enter into the great room which contains marble floors and a cathedral ceiling, and which houses the kitchen, dining, and living areas, plus a (3rd) full bath. Screened sliding glass doors from the living area open to a wrap around antique brick deck with colorful views of Fish Bay and beyond. Exterior brick stairs lead down to the lower level where there are two bedrooms, two marble baths and another wrap around brick deck. The 20’ x 12’ pool is six steps below the bedrooms and is surrounded by a 400 sq. ft. coral stone (non skid) sun deck with deck furniture and a 4-person hot tub. This south facing home gets lots of sun from mid to late morning to late afternoon, depending on the time of year. This is a great villa for sun lovers, but the covered decks on both levels also allow you to relax outside in the shade.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 2
- Bed Description: 2 Kings
- Bathrooms: 3
- Property Location: Fish Bay
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 2400 sq. ft.
- Year Property Complete: 2009- refurbished
- Beach: Hike to Cocolobo Beach or 18 min. drive to National Park
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 20 x 12 x 5 ft deep
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes, All Rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay is about a 10-15 minute drive on all paved roads, except for 1/2 mile dirt road in Fish Bay.
- Living Dining: The living room and the two dining areas were refurnished in 2009, and the new furniture definitely enhances the richness and livability of the living/dining areas. The living room is equipped with a 32” flat screen TV/DVD plus a stereo/CD. Elysium offers dining on the covered deck at a table for 4, and interior dining at a mahogany table for four.
- Kitchen: The handsome kitchen has marble floors and counter tops and is fully equipped, including a stainless steel (s/s) 4-burner gas stove and oven, s/s refrigerator/freezer, s/s dishwasher, microwave, blender, toaster, coffeemaker, cookware, etc. There is also a washer/dryer.
- Bedroom Details: The bedrooms both have king beds, a/c, ceiling fans, and a tiled bath and marble shower. Both bedrooms open to decks and the slightly larger master bedroom enjoys a pretty water view.
Elysium is located on the Fish Bay side of the peninsula that separates Fish Bay from Reef Bay, on the south shore of St John. Elysium is located in a private and quiet location that is on a side road off the dead end road that goes to Reef Bay. Much of the Reef Bay/Fish Bay peninsula is National Park and it’s a 5 – 10 minute hike through parklands to a little known white sand, National Park beach called Cocolobo where you are likely to be the only people on the beach.
Elysium sits about 100 feet up the eastern hill that overlooks Fish Bay. It faces south-southwest with colorful and scenic water views, gentle tropical breezes and all day sun. The views sweep more than 180 degrees from south to north and include Ditliff Point, Fish Bay, the Caribbean Sea and the hills of the south shore of St John. This tranquil location also provides enough privacy for discreet “tan anywhere” sunbathing. Cruz Bay is a 10 – 15 minute drive on paved roads, except for ½ mile of dirt road in Fish Bay.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 10%
- Sept. 2- 30, 2017
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$3600/wk for 2 people * $3950/wk for 3 * $4300/wk for 4
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$1960/wk for 2 people * $2205/wk for 3 * $2450/wk for 4
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Elysium was completed in January of 2007 and was originally named Coco Beach. In 2009 Coco Beach was acquired by new owners who changed the name to Elysium. The new owners also refurnished Elysium’s great room and decks with all new, more upscale furniture and accessories, a 4-person hot tub was added, and the bedrooms were also refurnished. The net result – Elysium is more comfortable, elegant and appealing, but is still offered at the same price. Elysium is part of a small neighborhood of recently built rental and residential villas on the Fish Bay side of the peninsula that separates Fish Bay from Reef Bay. Most of the land southeast of Elysium is National Park, so this setting remains quiet and peaceful.
One of the unusual and attractive features of both these villas is that they connect to a path that leads to an “off the beaten path” white sand National Park beach called Cocolobo. To get to Cocolobo Beach, a trail takes you through park lands to the southern tip of the peninsula. You then walk east along the shore until you come to a small and secluded sand beach (Cocolobo). There’s no parking for this beach, it’s a 5 – 10 minute hike into it, the trailhead is poorly marked and the beach is hidden from everyone except boaters and hikers. Some of St John’s little known secrets should remain that way – so we’ll only tell you how to find the trailhead if you’re a guest of Elysium or Fish Beach. If you are a guest, on a calm morning go to Cocolobo Beach for a breakfast swim and snorkel and you’ll find yourself in turquoise waters, on a small Caribbean beach, alone. The snorkeling can be very good and you may see some bigger fish, but be aware of the current around Cocolobo Cay.
As for Elysium, this is another fine St John home built for stress free comfort. There’s certainly not a lot of traffic out here, so this hillside home retains a relaxing sense of serenity and peacefulness. With it’s a/c in every room, pool, hot tub, coral stone sun deck, and some tan everywhere privacy, this is an excellent choice as a romantic retreat for honeymooners or lovers. This is also a good home for a small family or 2 couples who value that away from it all feeling.
- Guest Comments:
- We had a wonderful time during our stay at Elysium! Thank you!
- We had a great time! The villa was really nice and we loved the views and privacy! Thank you!
- The house is fantastic and our vacation was absolutely wonderful! Thank you!!
- I wanted to thank you! Everything went so smoothly during our stay. From the time we got off the ferry in St. John until the time we got back on the ferry to go back home everything was even better than I had imagined. The home was lovely and clean and so comfortable during our stay. We would definitely come back for another stay....in fact, I didn't want to leave. The hot tub and the view were my favorites....and the appliances in the kitchen a close second. I loved the lighting and the fans as well, they added a wonderful ambiance to evenings. The bathrooms were very well upgraded as well. What more could I say - but Thank you so much for the wonderful stay and the wonderful service!