Dolphin Run is a 2-level design in which the living and dining rooms plus the kitchen and one bedroom are on the lower level, and the other three bedrooms are on the upper level, accessed by both interior and exterior stairs. One unique feature of this villa is that every room has a wonderful view and every bedroom has a superb pillow view of the water. Another unique feature are the decks which wrap around the house on both levels to insure easy access to the refreshing trade winds and the gorgeous views. The swimming pool and its surrounding sundeck are on the lower level on the west side in a garden setting that is well protected on breezy days and also offers clothing optional privacy. A short path below you takes you to Hart Bay Beach where there is interesting snorkeling on a calm day. Both the pool and the house are surrounded by masses of colorful landscaping which creates a marvelous tropical atmosphere.
- Bedrooms: 4
- Beds: 6
- Bed Description: 2 Kings, 2 Sets of Twins (convert to kings)
- Bathrooms: 3.5
- Property Location: Hart Bay
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: 2500+ sq ft
- Year Property Complete: 1992
- Beach: Nat. Park - 10 min. drive
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 18 x 14 x 5ft deep
- Air Conditioning: No A/C
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay (town) - 2 miles; Restaurants/Nightlife - 1-2 miles; National Park Beaches - 4 miles; Supermarket - 1/2 mile; Swimming/Snorkeling - 0 mile.
- Living Dining: The living and dining rooms are ringed by numerous 8' screened sliding glass doors that create a bright, cheerful interior and provide cooling breezes via the constant trade winds. The living and dining furniture is an antique white rattan by Henry Link with upholstered floral cushions. Living room furnishings include a wicker couch and chairs, a matching wicker desk set, terra cotta tiled floors, ceiling fans, recessed ceiling lights, potted plants, and Caribbean artwork. A TV/DVD and a stereo/CD provide the electronic entertainment. Dine inside at the wicker and glass table seating 8 or outside on the dining patio at the table seating 6-8.
- Kitchen: The kitchen has handcrafted mahogany and cypress cabinetry and an attractive mahogany and tile wet bar separates the kitchen from the dining area. Kitchen appliances include a GE refrigerator/freezer, gas stove and oven, dishwasher, washer/dryer, microwave oven, toaster, blender, coffeemaker and a complete assortment of cookware, server ware, dinnerware and utensils. A telephone, gas BBQ and beach chairs are included.
- Bedroom Details: One bedroom (2 twins) with a half bath is located on the 1st floor, while the three upstairs bedrooms (2 kings, 1 set of twins) each has a tiled bath. The upstairs bedrooms are accessed by both interior and exterior stairs and the bathrooms are located between the bedrooms so that none of the bedrooms has a common wall. All the bedrooms have eight foot screened sliding glass doors that open to gorgeous views and to private decks. Three of the bedrooms have an east-southeast view that includes the morning sunrise, and one bedroom has a south-southwest view that captures the colors at sunset.
Dolphin Run overlooks Hart Bay on the Bovocoap Peninsula, a body of land that juts south into the Caribbean to separate Hart Bay from the harbor at Chocolate Hole. Dolphin was built in 1992 and the owners were fortunately able to purchase one of the best lots on the peninsula. Dolphin was built atop the ridge line that runs down the peninsula, so it is blessed with a lovely 260 degree view, including magnificent sunrises and sunsets. The beautiful view sweeps from the mountains in the north to the southwest, including the entire south coast of St John, much of which is unspoiled National Park, plus the islands of Capella, Dog and the St. James floating on the Caribbean Sea in the southwest. This setting is also tranquil and semi private, with almost no vehicle traffic or other noise. Mostly the only sound you’ll hear in this villa is the music of small waves breaking on Hart Beach below you. This is a villa for sun lovers with sun on your decks from early morning to sunset. It’s about a 2 mile drive into the restaurants, shopping and nightlife in Cruz Bay, and about a mile to the restaurants and spa at the Westin Resort.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$3950/wk for 2-4 people * $4125/wk for 5 * $4300/wk for 6 * $4475/wk for 7 * $4650/wk for 8
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec.15, 2017
$1995/wk for 2-4 people * $2240/wk for 5 * $2485/wk for 6 * $2730/wk for 7 * $2975/wk for 8
Thanksgiving-Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Dolphin was built in 1992, but long before it was built the original owners were able to purchase one of the best building sites on Bovocoap Peninsula. This location rewards you with tranquility and privacy plus 260 degree views that sweep from the hills in the northwest, through the waters of Rendezvous Bay and the southern coast, past Bovocoap Point, and around to the islands off St. Thomas in the southwest. On the east side of the villa the trade winds usher in the ocean breezes that cool and refresh you, and if you want a change of environment, the pool and sundeck on the west side of the villa are sheltered from the winds. On the east side you can watch a beautiful sunrise; on the west, watch the sky flame up at sunset. Another popular feature of this villa are the wraparound decks on both levels that allow you access to all the lovely views, plus each bedroom is designed so every bed has a pillow view of the Caribbean. Dolphin is a sun lover's villa, with sun on your decks almost the entire day, while at night the sky is filled with stars and the moonlight shimmers across Rendezvous Bay. Like its neighbor Rara Avis, Dolphin is also a home where the sound of small surf breaking on Hart Beach is your constant background music. Dolphin's design is very child friendly and this is an excellent choice for families, while the romantic location is ideal for honeymooners or couples. Dolphin enjoys a convenient location that is an easy 10 minute drive into Cruz Bay, and only five minutes from the spa, restaurants and tennis courts at the Westin Resort. This is an enjoyable home at an affordable price and has proven to be popular with repeat guests.
* Dolphin Run has a resident outdoor cat that visits the property
- Guest Comments:
- Just wanted to tell you your company and villa were superb! We have no complaints – the house was exactly as advertised (Dolphin Run). Your staff were extremely accommodating in St John and in Maine (when we made the reservations). Luciah, who assisted us with our check in went above and beyond and was so friendly and good to us! We loved working with her. Awesome place and we definitely appreciate and value the great customer service we received. And we miss St John and the views from Dolphin Run:)
- We had a wonderful time at Dolphin Run!
- We have returned from what we can truly say was a wonderful trip to St. John. The accommodations were wonderful and the staff in the local office were very friendly and helpful. Our family enjoyed the wonderful view and spacious layout of Dolphin Run. We hope to be able to go back one day and will definitely look to your company to help us with our arrangements.