Delfina is a stately but fun loving home with more than 11,000 sq/ft of interior living space, decks and balconies. It consists of a 3-level great house and an attached 2-level building that contains the four guest bedrooms (see photo 2 ). As you drive into Delfina’s large brick courtyard your first view reveals only a small portion of this spacious villa. You park in the courtyard on the upper level, open the mahogany gate and then descend a few stairs to the main level of the great house.
In the great house the master bedroom/bath and deck occupy the top level. The pool, patios and sundecks, living room, lanai, interior and exterior dining areas and the kitchen occupy the spacious second level. The lower level of the great house is the entertainment headquarters for both kids and adults, with the stone bar, theater, pool table and game room, 6th bed and bath and a large covered deck. The four guest bedrooms are partly visible to the left of the main house in photo 2 and although the 2 lower bedrooms are hidden by a bush in photo 2, they do offer very nice ocean views. All levels of the great house and the guest bedrooms are accessed by internal stairs. In addition to the 5 granite and mahogany baths attached to the bedroom suites, there is a half bath by the pool and another half bath off the dining room.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Beds: 5
- Bed Description: 4 Kings, 1 Queen, For up to 4 children under 15 - a trundle bed, pullout queen sofa
- Bathrooms: 6
- Property Location: Peter Bay
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: 11,000+ sq ft
- Year Property Complete: n/a
- Beach: Peter Bay Beach
- Pool: Yes
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes, All Rooms
- Children: Welcome (children under 7 yrs old require signed liability waiver)
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $1,000 prepaid
- Distance To Town: about 10 minutes to Cruz Bay.
- Living Dining: The elegant interior sitting room adjoins the stylish exterior living area (the lanai) and both are indoor-outdoor. Recessed screened pocket doors in the living room let in the soft breezes, while the lanai is under a roof but not enclosed. Both of these sitting areas have gorgeous views and beautiful furnishings.
The formal dining area is just off the kitchen. The mahogany table, which can seat up to 14 people, sits in front of an 11 foot glass pocket door for delicious views of Cinnamon Bay. On the other side of the kitchen, french doors lead to a charming outdoor dining and barbecue area with a built in gas grill with rotisserie. Colorful tiles accent the hand painted Italian dining table that seats 6-8.
Theater Room: The centerpiece of the 200 sq/ft theater room is a 50" flat screen, satellite TV and DVD that plays through a surround sound system with Boston Accoustics speakers. There's a good collection of movies (DVDs) and music (CDs) as well as books and board games. The lower level of Delfina offers one the best areas for entertainment, games and parties that we have seen in any St. John home. In addition to the home theater, you have a pool table, an electronic dartboard, star wars pinball, Xbox360, and an Image treadmill. The heart of the room is a beautiful stone circular bar with barstools. icemaker, minifridge, and a TV/DVD. If you can't pull yourself away from the pool table, pinball or the bar, there's also a double trundle bed with bath and shower. There is a large covered deck off the lower level.
- Kitchen: This very handsome kitchen also has real gourmet appeal. The mahogany cabinets are beautifully accented by polished granite countertops, travertine floors, and stainless steel appliances. Just off the kitchen is a pantry plus a laundry room with washer and dryer. An alcove off the kitchen also contains a desk with a PC, fax/printer/copier, telephone and DSL. The well equipped kitchen includes: - A chefs 6-burner gas stove and a s/s double oven, - S/S refrigerator, dishwasher, microwave and trash compactor, - A wine cooler, coffeemaker, double toaster, blender, etc.
- Bedroom Details: The private and very romantic a/c master bedroom is on the top floor of the 3-level great house (see photo 2 ). This grand bedroom is 280 sq/ft of pure elegance, with an impressive style found in only a few St. John luxury villas, such as the master bedroom at the Peter Bay Beach House. Some of the noteworthy features include; a mahogany and cedar vaulted ceiling, rosewood wide planked floors, a 4-poster mahogany raised king bed, screened mahogany French doors that open to a private deck and beautiful views, a coffeemaker and a mini refrigerator with kitchen bar and storage, a seating area with two divans and a writing desk, DSL access, and a 40 inch satellite TV/DVD inside a beautiful mahogany armoire. The beautiful and oversized (120 sq/ft) master bath compliments the master bedroom, with onyx countertops and mother of pearl sinks, a toilet and bidet, a large tiled outside shower and a large walk in closet. Each of the four a/c guest bedrooms (Trunk Bay suite, Leinster Bay suite, Bordeaux suite, Coral Bay suite) is about 220 sq. ft. with a travertine and granite bathroom, plus a romantic 120 sq ft balcony with beautiful views of Cinnamon Bay and a table and chair set for two. Although each bedroom has a different decor, they are all tastefully decorated and quite lovely. The peaceful sitting/reading room between the Trunk and Leinster suites is a quiet place to read, and it also has a TV and DVD. Each guest bedroom/bath includes the following: - Tiled bath and shower, bathrobes, hair dryer - Satellite TV / DVD & DSL connection, telephone - Mini fridge and coffeemaker
Delfina is located in the middle of Peter Bay, just past its neighbor, Sea Cove, and just below Coco De Mer. Peter Bay is one of the few parcels of pristine north shore land that was not deeded over to the National Park by Lawrence Rockefeller in the 1950s, and today it remains tranquil, peaceful, private and exceptionally scenic, surrounded as it is on all sides by National Park forests, waters and reefs.
The Peter Bay homes (as of 2015 there were about 20+) have deeded access to Peter Bay Beach. The beach is located below Delfina, sandwiched between the National Park beaches at Trunk Bay and Cinnamon Bay. From Delfina it’s less than a 5-minute walk to the turquoise waters and white sands of Peter Bay Beach. The white sands and usually calm waters of the beach provide good swimming and snorkeling on most days. On a perfect beach day in January the National park beaches will host hundreds of people, but it’s rare to see even a handful of people on Peter Bay (it’s privately owned).
The lovely, pristine views from Delfina look north and east and include the lush mountains of the north shore of St. John, Cinnamon, Maho and Francis Bays, Whistling Cay, and Great Thatch and Tortola islands in the British Virgin Islands. It’s a picturesque 5-10 minute drive to the three restaurants at the 5-star Caneel Bay Resort, and an additional 5 minutes to the captivating restaurants, shops and groceries in the delightful town of Cruz Bay.
- Children are Welcome: If there are children 7 years or younger in the party, the guest must complete and return a notarized liability waiver PRIOR to arrival.
- Maid Service: Three times per week
- Smoking: Smoking is not permitted inside the house. Smoking is only permitted outside.
- Multiple Villa Rentals: If a guest is reserving multiple homes on the island. The guest must notify the booking agent and the guest will be given a contract that needs to be notarized and returned PRIOR to arrival
Construction: As is true in any popular destination, construction of a new home continues in Peter Bay Estates. As of January 2016, there is a construction of a new property currently taking place. We anticipate construction noise and possibly periodic construction traffic interruptions that could affect the Peter Bay neighborhood. If you would like further details on the current status of this building activity, please inquire and we’ll be happy to obtain the latest information for you.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
Phone Service/Cell Phones: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
December 17, 2017 – April 21, 2018
$17297/wk for 2-6 people * $19299/wk 7-10 * $19999/wk 11 * $20279/wk 12 * $20769/wk 13 * $21259/wk 14
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
$32004/wk 2-14 (10 night minimum)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 22, 2016 – Dec. 15, 2017
$11802/wk for 2-6 people * $14294/wk 7-10 * $14791/wk 11 * $15281/wk 12 * $15771/wk 13 * $16261/wk 14
$15302/wk 2-12 * $15792/wk 13 * $16282/wk 14
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax
(The damage deposit is refunded to you 30 days after departure as long as no damage occurs during your stay)
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Peter Bay is a very beautiful and unique cove that is surrounded by the turquoise waters and lush subtropical forest of the National Park, on St John's exclusive north shore. As of 2014, there were about 30+ villas built in this small residential enclave. Although few in number, these distinctive homes have given Peter Bay a reputation as one of the Caribbean's finest collections of distinctive island homes.
Within Peter Bay we offer some exceptional vacation homes including Mermaid Falls, Coco De Mer, Sea Cove, Cinnamon Breeze and now Delfina. Together these villas have redefined the term "luxury home" on St John, and they have made Peter Bay one of the Caribbean's most unique neighborhoods of luxury villas.
All the Peter Bay homes are privately owned and each is a unique design with interior furnishings and décor that reflect the individual owner's taste. In the matter of excellent décor, furnishings and taste, Delfina really excels. In addition to being quite elegant, Delfina is also pure fun and entertainment.
This exclusive Peter Bay location, and the striking design, plus everything you'd want in entertainment earns Delfina the label as one of St. John's "Ultra Luxury Villas", and the floor plan and design make this a very versatile home for families, business meetings, or groups of friends or couples.
Delfina's Outstanding Features:
- An exclusive Peter Bay location that offers lovely views, tranquility and privacy and a 3-minute walk to the beach at Peter Bay;
- Superb outdoor living amenities with an elegant lanai, BBQ/dining area, and a pool and hot tub with a wet bar, icemaker, mini refridge, and half bath;
- Central air conditioning throughout the entire house;
- Romantic bedroom suites, each with a different décor, private deck and lovely views;
- DSL in every bedroom and DSL or Wifi throughout the villa;
- A home theater with 50"; flat screen TV/DVD, 9 DVD players and 6 CD players plus lots of movies and music;
- Pool, pinball, electronic darts and an Xbox on the lower level.
Please note: The guest services and maintenance for this villa have been contracted out to Chuck, who does business under the name of St John Savvy. Chuck operates a company that oversees luxury villas and their guests. He maintains a select portfolio of some of St. John's finest villas. He is a responsive, friendly and capable person, and has an extensive knowledge of St. John, its people and its customs. You're in good hands with Chuck.
Construction: As is true in any popular destination, construction of a new home continues in Peter Bay Estates. As of December 2014, there is a new construction site starting. We anticipate construction noise and possibly periodic construction traffic interruptions that could affect the Peter Bay neighborhood. If you would like further details on the current status of this building activity, please inquire and we'll be happy to obtain the latest information for you.