Colibri is a cliff side villa that incorporates 3-levels of decks to create a spacious home designed for outdoor living. You park above the villa and descend stairs to the upper level of the house. The upper level contains the 700 sq/ft great room with living, dining and kitchen facilities, plus the master bedroom. Outside the walls, on the south facing side of the great room there is a 900 sq/ft covered deck complete with a covered gazebo, deck furniture, exterior dining and fantastic views. On the opposite (entrance) side of the great room is a quiet garden courtyard with seating for six. Exterior stairs lead down to the lower level with two more bedrooms and another large covered deck, also with deck furniture. The 1600 sq/ft sun deck and the 33 foot pool are 6 steps below the lower level. The sun deck has lots of deck furniture and a cliff side dining table for four. From the pool to your vehicle you ascend 4 flights of stairs so this design may help you stay (or get) in shape, but this may not be the best option for guests who have difficulty with stairs.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 4
- Bed Description: 1 King, 1 Queen, 2 Twins
- Bathrooms: 3
- Property Location: Maria Bluff
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: Approx. 3700 sq. ft.
- Year Property Complete: Complete remodel in 2010
- Beach: The beach at the Westin
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 33 x 15 x 5 feet deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $50 Non-Refundable Security Deposit Waiver
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay is a 6-8 minute drive; North Shore beaches are about a 10-12 minute drive.
- Living Dining: The living and dining areas were completely remodeled in 2010 but the defining feature of the living room is its view. The living room is sandwiched between the garden courtyard on one side, and a spacious covered deck on the other side. The comfortable furniture seats six and there is a 55 inch flat screen TV/DVD, high speed DSL, and a stereo/CD (and the view) to entertain you. There is an interior mahogany dining table for eight off the kitchen, and a second table for eight on the upper level covered deck. On the pool deck, the cliff side table for 4-6 enjoys a striking location. All three dining stations have excellent views of the Caribbean.
- Kitchen: The kitchen was also completely remodeled in 2010 and it is now modern, functional and quite attractive with marble floors, granite countertops and mahogany cabinets. The top of the line appliances include a Wolf gas stove and oven, a Bosh dishwasher, Transmontia cookware, a s/s refrigerator/freezer and an over sized sink. There is a microwave, toaster, blender, coffee maker, and plenty of cookware and dinnerware and there is a gas grill is located on the deck off the kitchen.
- Bedroom Details: Each air conditioned bedroom is 200 sq/ft and all face southwest to capture the views through screened sliding glass doors. The upper level master bedroom has a king bed and a larger bath with a stone shower. The lower left bedroom has a queen bed, and the lower right has two twins, each with a tiled bath. All towels and linens for 6 people are included.
The land that separates Great Cruz Bay from Chocolate Hole Harbor forms a peninsula that juts a half mile out into the Caribbean Sea. The tip of this peninsula is called Maria Bluff, and thanks to its cliffside lots, stunning views and convenience to Cruz Bay, it has always been one of St. Johns preferred neighborhoods. Colibri is located at the mouth of the picturesque harbor at Great Cruz Bay – on the right tip of the peninsula. This is a cliff side home that sits about 70 feet above the Caribbean Sea. This setting gives you some excellent, very enjoyable views. To the northwest is the mouth of the harbor with sailboats coming and going from Great Cruz Bay, to the west are colorful sunsets and views of St. Thomas, Hans Lollick and Lovango, while the view to the south looks out at Dog Island and the St. James Islands. It is a short drive (6-8 minutes) on paved roads to the restaurants and boutiques of Cruz Bay. It is also a half mile walk to the restaurants, beach, fitness facilities, spa and shops at the Westin Resort.
- All payments are non-refundable
- There is a $55 check-in fee for arrivals between 9 p.m. to midnight ferry.
- $50 non-refundable Damage Waiver. This covers the 1st $500 in accidental damage that could occur during your stay. The damage must be reports while on island for it to be covered.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 17, 2016– April 15, 2018
$5900/wk 2 * $6900/wk 3-4 * $7500/wk 5-6
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$4500/wk for 2 people * $5200/wk 3-4 * $5900/wk 5-6
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax
- Damage Deposit
$50 non-refundable damage waiver
(The waiver covers up to the first $500 in accidental damage that could occur during your stay. The damage must be reported while on island for it to be covered.)
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
After spending some time at Colibri, it becomes apparent that two qualities define and distinguish this villa. First and foremost, this is a dramatic cliff side location with exceptional day, evening and sunset views. If Great Cruz Bay had been blessed with a fort to guard it from pirate raids in the 17th and 18th centuries, this is where it would have been placed. This is not a busy harbor, but all the beautiful boats coming and going from Great Cruz Bay pass below you – it is like you are on a distant reviewing stand. Small waves lapping into the rocks also help to create this breathtaking cliff side atmosphere. Second, this is a house designed for outdoor living with three levels of waterfront decks plus a garden courtyard off the great room. For those who prefer the shade there are large covered decks on both levels. For sun lovers, the 33 foot pool is the heart of this home. It sits in the middle of a 1600 sq/ft sun deck and both get painted by sunshine from 9 am until sunset.
Other features that you will enjoy include;
Three dining stations, including a striking cliff side table, plus a poolside bar,
Overdone by the sun? Step inside; we tested the a/c on an 84 degree day in September and it was quick, quiet and efficient in every room.
If you prefer no a/c, open the screened pocket doors in the great room (they disappear) to allow a fabulous and unobstructed view.
You can walk to the beach, restaurants, spa, fitness facility and cabs at the Westin Resort, and you are a 6-8 minute drive to Cruz Bay.
Colibri is a good choice for 1- 3 couples and for families with children, provided the children are 9 years and older.