Cocolobo is a 3-level home built on the edge of a rather steep hill that plunges into the Caribbean Sea. You park on the upper level and enter into the 1200 sq/ft. great room, which contains the living, dining and kitchen areas plus a full bath. The great room is surrounded on 3 sides by more than 60′ of glass, insuring spectacular views from everywhere. Screened sliding glass doors open to three small viewing decks facing north and east, while other doors open to the 500 sq/ft. sun deck and pool, which face east, south, and southwest. Exterior covered stairs lead to the master bedroom on the middle level. Stairs on both sides of the house lead to the two guest bedrooms on the lower level.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 4
- Bed Description: 1 King, 1 Queen, 2 Twins convert to King
- Bathrooms: 3
- Property Location: Reef Bay
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 2800 + sq. ft.
- Year Property Complete: N/A
- Beach: Reef Bay
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 12ft x 13 ft w/5-6ft corner.
- Air Conditioning: No A/C
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: DISTANCE TO: Cruz Bay (town) - 4 miles; Swimming, snorkeling - 1/4 mile; Groceries - 4 miles; Restaurants - 3 miles.
- Living Dining: The living room is defined by an 18’ beamed cathedral ceiling, walls of glass, overstuffed furniture, and oriental rugs over a terra cotta tiled floor. For entertainment you have a 42” flat screen TV/DVD/VCR, plus an AM/FM stereo with CD, an iPod payer, and Wi-Fi. A full bath with shower is off the living room. You have three choices for dining. The mahogany table in the dining room seats 6-8 persons, and the antique table in the kitchen seats six. There is also a teak table seating four in the garden patio on the west side of the house.
- Kitchen: The fully tiled, 300 sq/ft. kitchen combines the look of a country kitchen , with the tiled floors, tiled countertops and rich mahogany trim of the Caribbean. An electric cook-top stove with oven, side by side refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, bar sink plus double ceramic sinks, microwave, toaster, blender, coffeemaker, mini food processor and a complete selection of cookware and dinnerware are provided. An outdoor gas BBQ grill, washer/dryer, beach chairs, and all linens, and telephone are included.
- Bedroom Details: In every bedroom you'll sleep to the sound and view of surf breaking on the beach below you. The large master bedroom (king bed) is one level below the great room, with four closets, 400 sq/ft of room, and a bath with a marvelous view. The two guest bedrooms (queen and twin beds) are smaller (160 sq/ft.) and on a level below the master bedroom. They are accessed by exterior stairs and share a tiled bath that is located between them. All bedrooms have beautiful views and face east for a memorable morning sunrise, while ceiling fans and the trade winds insure excellent ventilation. The third bath is located on the upper level, off the living room.
This is an exceptionally private, romantic and picturesque spot high atop the hill that towers over Reef Bay. The magnificent 320 degree views are one of the finest examples of a pristine coastal landscape to be found anywhere in the Virgin Islands. The views include virgin rain forests and Bordeaux Mountain to the north, the “Big Sur” like shoreline of the National Park, from Reef Bay to Lameshur Bay to Ram Head in the east, miles of blue Caribbean and distant St. Croix to the southeast, Ditliff Point, Hart Bay, Dog Rocks, Little and Great St. James, St. Thomas and winter sunsets in the southwest, and a lovely view from your pool. Below you lay the usually deserted, white sand beach at Reef Bay, St. John’s most virgin National Park beach where sea turtles still lay their eggs and snorkeling, swimming and beach walks are private and inviting. A one mile hike along the shore – easiest at low tide – brings you to a second beach at the head of Reef Bay while other trails take you on more challenging hikes through the National Park to Lameshur Bay, Bordeaux Mountain or Ram Head. It’s a 4 mile drive to Cruz Bay, on what is called (on St. John) a paved road. The road from Cruz Bay dead ends at Reef Bay and very few tourists wander out to this wonderful and still secluded location.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$3500/wk for 2 people * $3745/wk for 3 * $3990/wk for 4 * $4235/wk for 5 * $4480/wk for 6
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$1960/wk for 2 people * $2205/wk for 3 * $2450/wk for 4 * $2695/wk for 5 * $2940/wk for 6
Thanksgiving – Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Cocolobo is a one of a kind villa that offers excellent privacy in a totally peaceful, quiet, and absolutely stunning location. The pristine views are a naturalist’s delight with untouched landscapes, and perfect seascapes. The glorious sunrises, the fiery winter sunsets, and the shimmering moonlit evenings are also outstanding. A usually deserted National Park beach provides the constant background music of breaking surf, while your pool and sun deck are ideal for clothing optional sunbathing.
Cocolobo 3 was formerly owned by two interior designers, a team with an international reputation and an international cliental, while the current owner is also an accomplished designer. The interior décor reflects contributions from all three designers, so this is not your average decor. There’s lots of interesting pieces, the colors are bold, and the accessories are engaging. It all reflects a professional designer’s approach to island living, and we think you’ll agree that the results are comfortable, impressive and well chosen. As they say – it all works.
This villa has an adventuresome character; it’s recommended for the - “wind in your hair, sun on your face, “these unspoiled shorefront views are breathtaking ” - type of guest. Cocolobo has a soft side – overstuffed furniture, handsome antiques, 42’ flat screen TV/DVD, Wi-Fi, 20’ pool, 14 candelabras, etc, but a week or two at Cocolobo is… an adventure. For honeymooners or couples looking for private island romance, or families seeking an away-from-it-all island experience, this is your place.
- Guest Comments:
- We had a wonderful time. Cocoloba was a perfect setting and wonderful accomodations. We will be back much sooner the next time. You will be the first to know of those plans.
- We had a wonderful stay on St John and at Cocolobo! Waking up to those views of Reef Bay was truly amazing! The house and all its amenities was absolutely pertect!
- We truly enjoyed our stay in St John! Cocolobo was excellent. We could not have asked for a more comfortable or scenic place to stay!
- Just wanted to let you know how pleased we were with your company! You helped make our vacation experience stress free. Dolores, Kris and Diane in your Maine office were friendly, very quick to respond to any questions we had and gave us all the information we needed once we arrived on the island. The people in your Cruz Bay office were AWESOME!!! Super friendly...and went above and beyond to be helpful especially after our flight was delayed 7 hours. The house we rented was wonderful, clean and well furnished. Overall, we would rate our experience with your company a 10 out of 10!! We will be back and we will book our next house with you!! Thanks so much!!