Coco De Mer is a spacious villa that consists of three separate buildings – a two level great house, a two level bedroom pavilion on the left (west) of the great house, and a very private one bedroom pavilion on the right. You park above the house, descend to a coral stone courtyard and enter into the great room, which contains the kitchen, living and dining rooms plus a half bath. Multiple screened French doors in the great room open to lovely views and the spacious 36 foot long covered deck that runs the length of the great room. Exterior stairs lead to the oversized pool and sun deck and the lower level of the great house with 2 bedrooms/baths plus a full bath for the pool area. A garden path or stairs from the great house lead to the very private fifth bedroom. The oversized 6-8 person hot tub is just below the pool in a romantic garden setting. One of the most unusual architectural features of Coco is the terraced amphitheater that descends from the upper level to the pool deck, with built in seating, Bose outdoor speakers and a central mosaic. The amphitheater makes Coco a superb home for functions.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Beds: 6
- Bed Description: 4 Kings, 2 Twins convert to King
- Bathrooms: 5.5
- Property Location: Peter Bay
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: 7000 sq ft (int & ext)
- Year Property Complete: 2007 - updated
- Beach: 5 min. walk to Peter Bay Beach
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 16' x 50' x 3 - 7 ft deep
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $1,500
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Welcome
- Distance To Town: It's a 5-10 minute, incredibly picturesque drive to the 5 star Caneel Bay Resort, and another 5-10 minute drive to the excellent restaurants, shops and groceries in the charming town of Cruz Bay.
- Living Dining: The air-conditioned living Area, along with the dining and kitchen areas occupy the upper level of the great house. Tiled floors, vaulted beamed ceilings and rich hardwoods define this comfortable area. French doors open to a sizeable balcony that provides magnificent views and seems like an outdoor extension of the living area. The centerpiece of the living room is the entertainment center with satellite TV/DVD/CD and a music and movie collection. The interior Dining table is a handcrafted mahogany table that seats 10. Outside, on the stone terrace a few steps from the built in barbeque, there is a table for 10 with a view that is unbeatable.
- Kitchen: The elegant and completely equipped Kitchen is filled with rich mahogany cabinetry that is accented by ceramic counter tiles. The kitchen appliances and hardware is all high quality and includes a stainless steel gas grill, refrigerator/freezer with icemaker and dishwasher. A gas barbeque grill, washer/dryer and a fax and answering machine are also included.
- Bedroom Details: All of Coco De Mer's bedrooms have king beds (bedroom # 3 has a set of twin beds that convert to a king), and all are air conditioned. Every bedroom has screened French doors that open to Cinnamon Bay views, and a deck or balcony. The bedrooms are all similar in size and quality, although bedroom 1 is somewhat larger and is preferred for its generous balcony and views, while bedroom 5 is favored for its privacy and views. All the bedrooms have a 23 inch flat screen satellite TV/DVD, and a bedside iHome (an AM/FM stereo with an iPod dock), and a tiled bath and shower.
Coco De Mer is located in the top row of homes in the exclusive enclave of Peter Bay, along St John’s north shore. Just below Coco De Mer, but hidden from view, are Coco’s neighbors Sea Cove and Delfina, Cinnamon Breeze and Mermaid Falls looks down from upper Peter Bay. Peter Bay is one of the few parcels of pristine north shore land that was not deeded over to the National Park, and today it remains private, peaceful, and exceptionally picturesque, surrounded by the forests, waters and reefs of the National Park.
The Peter Bay homes (as of 2015 there were about 20+ homes) all have deeded access to the private beach at Peter Bay, which is located between the National Park beaches at Trunk and Cinnamon Bays. From Coco De Mer it’s about a 5-minute walk to the beach and the calm 82 degree waters provide excellent swimming and good snorkeling. On a perfect beach day the National park beaches will host hundreds of people, but it’s rare to see even a handful of people on Peter Bay (it’s privately owned).
The gorgeous views from Coco De Mer look north and east and include the lush mountains of Tortola and St. John, including Cinnamon, Maho and Francis Bays, and Whistling Cay, and Great Thatch. It’s a 5-10 minute, incredibly picturesque drive to the 5 star Caneel Bay Resort, and another 5-10 minute drive to the excellent restaurants, shops and groceries in the charming town of Cruz Bay.
Construction: As is true in any popular destination, construction of a new home continues in Peter Bay Estates. As of December 2014, there is a new construction site starting. We anticipate construction noise and possibly periodic construction traffic interruptions that could affect the Peter Bay neighborhood. If you would like further details on the current status of this building activity, please inquire and we’ll be happy to obtain the latest information for you.
Vehicle Information: A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
CELL PHONE USAGE FROM HOMES LOCATED ALONG THE NORTH SHORE: If you use your cell phone on the north side of the island there is a good chance you will pick up the cell tower on Tortola (British Virgin Islands). If this happens you will be charged for an international call on your cell phone plan.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017– April 15, 2018
$15,400/wk 2-4*$16,800/wk 5-6* $18,200/wk 7-8*$18,900/wk 9-10* $19,600/wk 11-12(kids w/airbeds)
Christmas/New Years (Dec 17, 2016 to Jan 4, 2017)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 16, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$9800/wk for 2-4 people * $10,500/wk 5-6 * $11,900/wk 7-8 * $13,300/wk 9-10 *$14,000/wk 11-12(kids w/airbeds)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
With its exceptional National Park location, Peter Bay has become one of the Caribbean's most exclusive enclaves of privately owned luxury villas. The Peter Bay collection now includes Delfina, Mermaid Falls, the Cinnamon Breeze, Sea Cove, and Coco De Mer. These Ultra Luxury Villas are all custom built homes, with each having a unique design, furnishings and character, and all are valued in the 5 - 10 million dollar range. Although Coco De Mer is located in a very exclusive neighborhood, it remains a villa of great distinction.
Coco De Mer exchanged hands in June of 2007. Coco's new owners also own the delightful 3-bedroom Cinnamon Bay Estates, a very attractive home overlooking Cinnamon Bay. Coco earned a 5-star rating in 2003, and again in 2007. With its new owners, Coco is quite likely to maintain and even improve on its 5-star rating.
Some of Coco's distinctive features that we think you will greatly enjoy include;
- Its top row position in lower Peter Bay. Coco has one of the best views of the beautiful light show that takes place almost daily in Cinnamon Bay. The bay's white sands give its waters a brilliant turquoise color, but as puffy white clouds skate across the sky, the cloud shadows change patches of water from bright turquoise to blue-green to blotches of ink blue. Each day is different, but from about 10 am to 3 pm Mother Nature usually puts on a spectacular show, and Coco De Mer has the best spot to view this fascinating display of tropical colors.
- Its sun factor. This is a villa for lovers of the big pool and big sun. The pool and sun deck are blessed with a daily dose of 6 - 8 hours of sun, making this 50 foot pool not only Peter Bay's largest, but also its sunniest. Bring the iPod; Coco has outdoor speakers above the pool.
- The hot tub. The 6 - 8 person hot tub is also oversized and is hidden in a sinfully private garden setting, a half level below the pool. When the sun goes down, this is a very romantic hideaway.
- The landscaping. Coco De Mer is especially well landscaped with many beautiful species of tropical plants, including the Coco De Mer palm. The lush vegetation gives areas of Coco a botanical garden setting, coupled with some lovely clothing optional privacy and seclusion.
- The amphitheater. It overlooks the pool and the beautiful views and is a unique architectural feature that makes Coco an ideal home for small private weddings or special functions.
Coco's 5-bedrooms comfortably accommodate guests in near equal luxury and privacy, while also providing elegant and relaxing areas where everyone can socialize. Coco is what we call a magnet villa, it's so accommodating and enjoyable that you have neither reason nor desire to leave the house; it holds you in place like a magnet. But with its beaches, reefs, hiking trails, and boating, St. John beckons, and the delightful shopping, restaurants, people and atmosphere of Cruz Bay are a very scenic 10-15 minute drive.
We continue to definitely recommend Coco De Mer for couples, groups, business meetings, functions and families with children over 6 years of age. No smoking inside the house, please.
Other Amenities; wireless DSL, 23 inch flat screens in all bedrooms, DVD player, CD player, movies and music, books, games, safe, beach chairs and coolers, highchair and crib/playpen.
Construction: As is true in any popular destination, construction of a new home continues in Peter Bay Estates. As of December 2014, there is a new construction site starting. We anticipate construction noise and possibly periodic construction traffic interruptions that could affect the Peter Bay neighborhood. If you would like further details on the current status of this building activity, please inquire and we'll be happy to obtain the latest information for you.