- Caribbean Villas Comments:
With its exceptional National Park location, Peter Bay has become one of the Caribbean's most exclusive enclaves of privately owned luxury villas. The Peter Bay collection now includes Delfina, Mermaid Falls, the Cinnamon Breeze, Sea Cove, and Coco De Mer. These Ultra Luxury Villas are all custom built homes, with each having a unique design, furnishings and character, and all are valued in the 5 - 10 million dollar range. Although Coco De Mer is located in a very exclusive neighborhood, it remains a villa of great distinction.
Coco De Mer exchanged hands in June of 2007. Coco's new owners also own the delightful 3-bedroom Cinnamon Bay Estates, a very attractive home overlooking Cinnamon Bay. Coco earned a 5-star rating in 2003, and again in 2007. With its new owners, Coco is quite likely to maintain and even improve on its 5-star rating.
Some of Coco's distinctive features that we think you will greatly enjoy include;
- Its top row position in lower Peter Bay. Coco has one of the best views of the beautiful light show that takes place almost daily in Cinnamon Bay. The bay's white sands give its waters a brilliant turquoise color, but as puffy white clouds skate across the sky, the cloud shadows change patches of water from bright turquoise to blue-green to blotches of ink blue. Each day is different, but from about 10 am to 3 pm Mother Nature usually puts on a spectacular show, and Coco De Mer has the best spot to view this fascinating display of tropical colors.
- Its sun factor. This is a villa for lovers of the big pool and big sun. The pool and sun deck are blessed with a daily dose of 6 - 8 hours of sun, making this 50 foot pool not only Peter Bay's largest, but also its sunniest. Bring the iPod; Coco has outdoor speakers above the pool.
- The hot tub. The 6 - 8 person hot tub is also oversized and is hidden in a sinfully private garden setting, a half level below the pool. When the sun goes down, this is a very romantic hideaway.
- The landscaping. Coco De Mer is especially well landscaped with many beautiful species of tropical plants, including the Coco De Mer palm. The lush vegetation gives areas of Coco a botanical garden setting, coupled with some lovely clothing optional privacy and seclusion.
- The amphitheater. It overlooks the pool and the beautiful views and is a unique architectural feature that makes Coco an ideal home for small private weddings or special functions.
Coco's 5-bedrooms comfortably accommodate guests in near equal luxury and privacy, while also providing elegant and relaxing areas where everyone can socialize. Coco is what we call a magnet villa, it's so accommodating and enjoyable that you have neither reason nor desire to leave the house; it holds you in place like a magnet. But with its beaches, reefs, hiking trails, and boating, St. John beckons, and the delightful shopping, restaurants, people and atmosphere of Cruz Bay are a very scenic 10-15 minute drive.
We continue to definitely recommend Coco De Mer for couples, groups, business meetings, functions and families with children over 6 years of age. No smoking inside the house, please.
Other Amenities; wireless DSL, 23 inch flat screens in all bedrooms, DVD player, CD player, movies and music, books, games, safe, beach chairs and coolers, highchair and crib/playpen.
Construction: As is true in any popular destination, construction of a new home continues in Peter Bay Estates. As of December 2014, there is a new construction site starting. We anticipate construction noise and possibly periodic construction traffic interruptions that could affect the Peter Bay neighborhood. If you would like further details on the current status of this building activity, please inquire and we'll be happy to obtain the latest information for you.