Cinnamon Breeze is an estate house consisting of three buildings built on an east/west axis so that the primary view faces the beautiful Cinnamon Bay views. Although the design incorporates three levels, only the crows nest deck and the pool cottage master bedroom are on the 3rd floor of Cinnamon Breeze, and only two guest bedrooms are on the 1st (lowest) level. You park on the west side of the estate and enter through the stone archway, with the 2-story pool cottage on your left. After the pool house, you enter onto to the handsome antique brick pool deck that encloses the 42′ infinity pool, the hot tub and the exterior brick stairs that lead up to the master bedroom in the pool cottage. On the east side of the deck, just off the great house, there is a half bath, a full bar and a Viking Professional gas barbeque. Still heading east, beyond the pool area is the great house, with the living, dining and kitchen areas on the same level as the pool and sundeck, and the crow’s nest deck. Behind the great house there is a very private and cozy garden courtyard that is sheltered from the wind and is a fine option for dining, sunning or relaxing with the gentle sounds of a Zen waterfall in the background. On the bay side of the great house there are two beautiful arched and columned balconies, one for dining and one for relaxing, both with vaulted ceilings and stone tiled floors. Continuing east, the next building houses the master bedroom and three guest bedrooms. The master bedroom and a guest bedroom (upper left) are on the same level as the brick courtyard, while a covered brick stairway leads down one level to the left and right lower guest bedrooms.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Beds: 5
- Bed Description: 4 Kings, 1 Queen
- Bathrooms: 5.5
- Property Location: Peter Bay
- Proximity: Waterfront
- Property Size: 5000+ sq ft
- Year Property Complete: 2008
- Beach: Peter Bay
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 42ft x 13ft x 4.5 ft deep
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Air Conditioning: Yes, all rooms
- Children: Children 10 yrs or older
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $1,000 prepaid
- Distance To Town: It's a 5-10 minute, incredibly picturesque drive to the three restaurants at the acclaimed Caneel Bay Resort, and another 5-10 minute drive to the captivating restaurants, shops and groceries in the fun loving, delightful town of Cruz Bay.
- Living Dining: The air conditioned and well-appointed great room measures 1000 sq/ft and houses the interior living, dining and kitchen areas. This room is a fine example of classic Caribbean elegance with its beautiful vaulted beamed ceiling and antique brick, Venetian plaster walls, tiled stone flooring and mahogany French doors and windows. The center piece of the living area is the 50" flat screen TV, with Blu-Ray DVD and surround sound, plus outside speakers on the covered deck. Screened sliding French doors open to a 510 sq/ft exterior living area (covered balcony) located just outside the great room.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is an excellent example of the craftsmanship of Fremont Interiors, a custom architectural woodworking firm from Indiana. The countertops are granite, the cabinets are tiger wood mahogany and the flooring is stone. The heart of the kitchen is the 6-burner Viking Professional s/s gas stove with griddle, double oven and ventilator hood. There is also a side by side refrigerator and freezer, dishwasher, microwave, wine cooler and icemaker, Krupp's coffeemaker, toaster and blender, and a Margaritaville-Escape to Paradise ice shaver and blender for perfect margaritas or smoothies. This completely equipped kitchen also includes all the cookware, server ware and dinnerware required for formal or informal dinners. On the deck outside the kitchen door is an s/s Viking Professional 4-burner grill with rotisserie and smoker, plus a cozy bar where the Margaritaville blender likes to hang out. An interior mahogany table seats 8-10 persons, and a second dining table on the covered deck off the great room also seats 8-10 people. There is also a table for 6-8 in the alluring brick courtyard located on the south side of the villa, where you are sheltered from the prevailing trade winds.
- Bedroom Details: The master bedroom (king bed) of the pool cottage is on the 2nd level, and is accessed by exterior stairs. The views are fabulous and the privacy and romantic atmosphere of this bedroom are excellent. The second master bedroom is the upper right bedroom in the building beside the great house. This master bedroom, also with a king bed is spacious (400 sq/ft) and luxurious, with a beamed cathedral ceiling, marble floor and a heavenly view. The 300 sq/ft bath off this master is quite splendid, with an Italian mosaic tiled floor and walls, a Perrin and Rowe claw footed tub plus a tiled shower, his and her granite and mahogany vanities and French doors that open to a private garden patio. Both master bedrooms have TV/DVDs. The three guest bedrooms are similar in size (200 – 240 sq/ft) and furnishings. All are furnished in a Caribbean luxury motif with a king bed, screened mahogany French doors that open to romantic views and a private 140 sq/ft columned balcony, Venetian plaster walls, cherry and granite baths with mosaic tile and outside showers, a flat screen TV/DVD and an iPod clock radios.
- Construction: As is true in any popular destination, construction of a new home continues in Peter Bay Estates. As of April 2015, there is a new construction site starting. We anticipate construction noise and possibly periodic construction traffic interruptions that could affect the Peter Bay neighborhood. If you would like further details on the current status of this building activity, please inquire and we'll be happy to obtain the latest information for you.
Cinnamon Breeze is located in the middle of Peter Bay, just below Coco de Mer and abutting Sea Cove. Peter Bay is part of the renowned north shore of St. John, and this neighborhood is now considered to be one of the Caribbean’s finest (if not the finest) enclaves of privately owned, luxury rental villas. This 13 acre neighborhood is one of the few parcels of north shore land that was not deeded over to the National Park by Lawrence Rockefeller in the 1950s. Today it remains peaceful, private and exceptionally scenic, surrounded as it is on all sides by National Park forests, waters and reefs.
The Peter Bay homes (as of 2015 there were about fourteen) all have deeded access to the beach at Peter Bay which is located between the National Park beaches at Trunk Bay and Cinnamon Bay and is very similar to these world class, exceptionally beautiful beaches.
The white sands and usually calm turquoise waters of this small beach provide fine swimming and snorkeling. On a perfect beach day in January the National park beaches will host hundreds of people, but it’s rare to see even a handful of people on Peter Bay (it’s privately owned).
The wonderful views from Cinnamon Breeze look north and east and include the lush mountains of the north shore of St. John, Cinnamon, Maho and Francis Bays, Whistling Cay, and Great Thatch and Tortola in the British Virgin Islands. It’s a 5-10 minute, incredibly picturesque drive to the three restaurants at the acclaimed Caneel Bay Resort, and another 5-10 minute drive to the captivating restaurants, shops and groceries in the fun loving, delightful town of Cruz Bay.
– No children under 10
– Maximum number of guests is 10
– No weddings are allowed at the villa
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
Phone Service/Cell Phones: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 15, 2017 – April 15, 2018
$19140/wk for 2-6 people * $20350/wk 7-8 * $21890/wk 9-10
Christmas/New Years (Dec 15 to Jan 6)
(Minimum age for children is 10 yrs old)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 16, 2017– Dec. 14, 2017
$13013/wk for 2-4 people * $14168/wk 5-6 $15323/wk 7-8 * $16478/wk 9-10
(Minimum age for children is 10 yrs old)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
(The damage deposit is refunded to you 30 days after departure, as long as no damage occurs during your stay)
Caribbean Villa’s Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
This is an undeniably impressive and luxurious island home, built on one of the best sites in St John's most exclusive address. From the Peter Bay location, to the grand design and the excellent building components, furnishings and appliances – there is a straightforward commitment to quality and luxury seen here. The photos here are an accurate presentation of this beautiful villa, so we will repeat just a few of the highlights:
The location - You're on St John's north shore in the midst of the National Park, overlooking Cinnamon and Peter Bays with Tortola in the distance. The views are absolutely lovely and it's an easy walk to swimming, snorkeling or boating from the white sands of your private beach at Peter Bay. This is a private, peaceful and truly beautiful setting that appears both exotic and remote. Yet you're only a 15-20 minute drive into Cruz Bay, and on the way you can stop for a memorable sunset cocktail at the 5-star Caneel Bay, a Rosewood Resort.
The names - Zeluck and Fenestra - imported custom windows and doors, Freemont Interiors, Perrin and Rowe, these are only a few of the brands that define excellence that you find in this luxurious Caribbean home.
Your amenities - central air conditioning, a 42' infinity pool and 4-person hot tub, a poolside bar with a Viking 4-burner grill and smoker, and a spacious and private pool deck with plenty of warm sunshine and cooling breezes.
Entertainment - A 50" satellite TV with Blu-ray DVD and a surround sound system with CD and iPod inputs, plus a satellite flat screen TV/DVD and an iPod clock radio in every bedroom. A gorgeous view, very convenient bar and grill, the soft summer breezes, French wine and easy days spent surrounded by luxury.
Bedrooms -Two master suites and three guest bedrooms, all with lovely views from the bed and from your private balcony. All the bedrooms are elegant and romantic, and the oversized master bedroom and bath is in a class by itself.
Sun decks and balconies -This villa has plenty of space to relax outdoors, in either the sun or the shade. The area between the pool cottage and the great house provides more than 1600 sq/ft of antique brick deck that opens to exquisite views, warm sunshine and cooling breezes. The sheltered garden courtyard behind the great house provides another 800 sq/ft of outdoor living. The best views are enjoyed from the partially covered 450 sq/ft crow's nest, and there are five covered balconies off the bedrooms and great house that total more than 1050 sq/ft.
Cinnamon Breeze is highly recommended for families, couples and small groups of persons desiring a luxury villa vacation on St. John.