- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Although Carnival Beach was built in 2006 the main house has never been rented. The main house and the guesthouse were cared for by a meticulous owner who lived in the main house, and took excellent care of the guesthouse. Both were in like new condition when the house was sold and we became the exclusive rental agent, in the summer of 2016.
We’ve been managing rental villas on St. John since 1990 and during that time we’ve looked at and/or managed hundreds of St. John homes, and we can say with certainty that Carnival Beach ranks in the top 5% of all the villas we’ve viewed or managed. There are four general reasons for our first rate opinion of Carnival Beach:
- The setting: Carnival beach enjoys a fabulous setting, being one of only four homes on the beach at Klein Bay. This location is very peaceful, quiet and private, with the background sounds of gently breaking surf and cooling breezes softly caressing you. Klein Bay is sheltered from big seas and strong winds so it’s an ideal bay for kayaking, paddle boarding, snorkeling or swimming, and you can pull your kayak or paddleboard ashore for the night right in front of your villa. Plus you’re a 10 – 15 minute drive from the superb restaurants and delightful beach bars in Cruz Bay.
- The main house and guesthouse are elegant and comfortable with lots of privacy for 2-6 people. The furnishings and accessories are first-class and the lanai, infinity pool, stone walls and views are premium features. The overall atmosphere is lovely during the day and oh so-o-o romantic in the evening. There’s everything to like about this villa.
- Guest Comments:
- We had a wonderful stay in St John and LOVED our accommodations at Carnival Beach!
- We had a great time and the accommodations at Carnival Beach were outstanding!!
- This trip was booked through Caribbean Villas, which we found through Fodor's and Frommer's. Whenever you book something online, you are never sure if the actual property lives up to the promotional pictures and advertisements. In this case, the Carnival Beach House exceeded all expectations.
The property is about 3 miles from Cruz Bay, and you will need the suggested jeep to comfortably negotiate the steep roads. The reward is a beautiful, secluded getaway. The best pictures you can find online match the typical views from the house.
There are two studio apartments available. With just two of us, we were given the upper apartment (better view), and the lower apartment was unrented during our week. The accommodations are very well appointed and everything you need is in the apartment. The kitchen facilities are limited (one hot plate/burner, microwave, outdoor gas grill, coffee maker, small fridge), so don't plan on cooking elaborate meals. We knew this going in, so it was not a serious limitation. You can't go hungry on St. John!
The bay is beautiful; the beach is rocky, but we spent most of our "water time" at the Beach House floating in the private pool. Exquisite sandy beaches with great snorkeling can be found all over the north shore of St. John, about a 20-30 minute ride.
We were met at the ferry dock at Cruz Bay, guided to our rental jeep and escorted to the property. It was all seamless and very professionally handled. The property caretakers were very attentive to any need we might have, but left us on our own to explore the island and the local environment. We highly recommend this property for a relaxing vacation on a beautiful island.
- Our stay at the Carnival Beach house exceeded our expectations. We were greeted at the ferry dock in Cruz Bay by a very friendly representative of Caribean Villas. She directed us to our rental car and escorted us to the amazing villa. Everything was immaculate and clean. We rented both the guest house and main house. The view was breathtaking from all areas of the property. One of the many highlights of our stay was morning coffee on the terrace listening to the ocean waves to cocktails at night viewing the spectacular display of stars. An extra bonus was seeing the Southern Cross constellation at 5:00am (getting up for a fishing trip that day) The snorkeling and kayaking from the private beach was the best of all of our snorkeling adventures on the island that week. We saw turtles, stingrays, conch shells, squid, eels, and an array of the most colorful fish and coral we had seen. We prepared many meals at the house and the kitchen was fully stocked with any type of utensil one would need to make a gourmet meal. The house itself has great private areas and gathering spaces both inside and out. Not to mention, the house is in a very quiet area of the island but yet has easy access to Cruz Bay. On a side note, the representatives from Caribbean Villa were always friendly and available to help, both before and during our stay. We have been coming to St. John for over 20 years and by far this is the best place we have ever stayed at. We would highly recommend staying at the Carnival Beach House on your next visit to Paradise.