Carnival Beach House is an elegant three-bedroom villa. The home was built in 2006 and consists of a one level main house, plus a two level, two-bedroom guest house located to the right of the main house. The pool is conveniently located off the deck of the main house, and is also just a few steps from the guesthouse. Carnival Beach was designed and built by Glen Speers, who is a prominent St. John designer/builder of classic Caribbean homes, as well as Mongoose Junction. We doubt that you’ll find lovelier stonework anywhere on St. John than what you’ll see in Carnival Beach. The gorgeous stonewalls demonstrate that beautiful artwork not only hangs on a wall, sometimes it is the wall itself. Another outstanding feature of Carnival Beach is the covered lanai (outdoor living room), which is furnished with premium indoor/outdoor furniture and offers a delightful place to relax outdoors while protected from the sun. Although the lanai is covered, there is also a large uncovered deck for sun lovers. In both the main house and the guesthouse, the kitchen and bathroom cabinets, as well as the screen doors, were all made locally from Honduran mahogany. Mahogany trim abounds around the doors, floors, and ceiling, giving this modern-day home a classic feel. The island elegance continues in the exterior design, which includes terra cotta-tiled deck space and light fixtures made by St. John artist Donald Schnell.
The guest house boasts a nouveau two-story design with 2 studio suites. Guests staying in the top unit enter their suite from a landing, while those on the ground floor descend a set of exterior tiled stairs to their private entrance below. Both guest units are a few steps from the pool and the main house.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 3
- Bed Description: 1 king, 2 queens
- Bathrooms: 3
- Property Location: Klein Bay
- Proximity: Beachfront
- Property Size: n/a
- Year Property Complete: 2006
- Beach: Klein Bay - 50ft
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 20 x 30 x 5 ft deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: prepaid $500
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay is only a 10 minute drive on paved roads.
- Living Dining: The main house great room is spacious and beautifully furnished. There are doors along the front of the main house which open and look out to the breathtaking view of Klein Bay. There is nothing more peaceful and inviting than opening the doors, looking out at the view and letting the serenity of the surf relax you. The interior dining table seats 6 and there are 2 outside tables, each which seat 4; one located to the left of the living area and the other is located just off the entrance to the guest house. The main house living area includes cable TV. Each studio suite has its own comfortable living space as well, and includes cable TV. WiFi internet access is provided so you can keep in touch with envious friends and family from your luxurious beachfront villa!
- Kitchen: The kitchen in the main house is well equipped and includes a side by side refrigerator and freezer, a 4 burner glass topped electric stove, a microwave, dishwasher, blender, toaster, and coffeemaker. Both guest house bedroom suites have their own kitchenette, equipped with built-in hot plate, microwave oven, small refrigerator, coffee maker, blender and toaster. There is also a BBQ for grilling.
- Bedroom Details: The bedroom in the main house is off the left side of the great room (looking at the water) and has a king sized sleigh bed and very handsome matching furniture, including a desk and a breakfast table for two. This bedroom opens to the private deck that also serves as the lanai (outdoor living room) The two bedrooms suites in the guesthouse are similar in size and furnishings. Each is gracefully furnished with a queen bed, couch and breakfast table for two, and each opens to a private deck with ocean views, deck furniture and an exterior table for two. The upper suite also includes a lanai (covered outdoor living room) off the entrance to the bedroom. The guest bedrooms are considered suites because they include a couch and interior table plus a small kitchenette with a sink, small refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and toaster. The three attractive bathrooms have similar appointments such as mahogany vanities and tiled countertops and showers. All three bedrooms are air-conditioned and include cable TV.
Carnival Beach House is one of four homes located on the pebble/sand beach in Klein Bay. Klein Bay is a small, well-protected cove that is part of Rendezvous Bay on St. John’s sunny south shore. There are no hotels, condos or B & B’s in Klein Bay; there’s only a few luxury vacation villas. The dead end road that leads down to Carnival Beach ends two houses beyond Carnival, so there is very little vehicular traffic here, which creates an exceptionally peaceful and quiet neighborhood. The only noise you’ll hear with regularity is the sweet sound of surf gently breaking in your front yard, plus the sound of the soft trade winds blowing through the trees. Carnival Beach House is unquestionably a beautiful villa in an exquisite setting. Although Carnival Beach has a villa on either side of the house, lush tropical vegetation and a well-designed landscaping plan creates a setting with very good visual privacy. If you want even more privacy or space, you can rent the house on your left (Serenata De La Playa), which is exclusively offered by Caribbean Villas. Carnival Beach faces south so it is also a sun worshipper’s villa and the pool and decks are bathed in sunshine from 8 am – 5 pm. Carnival also offers discreet clothing-optional privacy for a full body tan. The pebble/sand beach at Klein Bay is more pebbles than sand, although this mixture differs from year to year depending largely on what the fall storms deposit or wash away. The shoreline is protected from heavy surf and strong winds by Ditliff Point, which is a peninsula that curves into the Caribbean and shelters Klein Bay. Almost every day the small surf and crystal clear waters provide good swimming, snorkeling, kayaking and paddle boarding. Kayak and paddleboard rentals are available by the day or week in Cruz Bay, and they’ll usually deliver to your villa. A 5-10 minute swim, snorkel or paddle takes you to an even nicer beach—the white sand beach on Ditliff Point. Cruz Bay is only a 10 minute drive on paved roads, you rarely, if ever, see a tourist in Klein Bay, unless they’re also staying in a nearby vacation villa.
Vehicle Information: A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$4830/wk for 2 people (main house only) * $5250/wk for 3 $5670/wk for 4 * $6090/wk for 5 * $6510/wk for 6
Christmas/New Years (Dec 17 to Jan 4)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$2835/wk for 2 people (main house only) * $3185/wk for 3 * $3535/wk for 4 $3885/wk for 5 $4235/wk for 6
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- 12.5% Hotel Tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villas Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Although Carnival Beach was built in 2006 the main house has never been rented. The main house and the guesthouse were cared for by a meticulous owner who lived in the main house, and took excellent care of the guesthouse. Both were in like new condition when the house was sold and we became the exclusive rental agent, in the summer of 2016.
We’ve been managing rental villas on St. John since 1990 and during that time we’ve looked at and/or managed hundreds of St. John homes, and we can say with certainty that Carnival Beach ranks in the top 5% of all the villas we’ve viewed or managed. There are four general reasons for our first rate opinion of Carnival Beach:
- The setting: Carnival beach enjoys a fabulous setting, being one of only four homes on the beach at Klein Bay. This location is very peaceful, quiet and private, with the background sounds of gently breaking surf and cooling breezes softly caressing you. Klein Bay is sheltered from big seas and strong winds so it’s an ideal bay for kayaking, paddle boarding, snorkeling or swimming, and you can pull your kayak or paddleboard ashore for the night right in front of your villa. Plus you’re a 10 – 15 minute drive from the superb restaurants and delightful beach bars in Cruz Bay.
- The main house and guesthouse are elegant and comfortable with lots of privacy for 2-6 people. The furnishings and accessories are first-class and the lanai, infinity pool, stone walls and views are premium features. The overall atmosphere is lovely during the day and oh so-o-o romantic in the evening. There’s everything to like about this villa.
- The combination. The villa to the right of Carnival Beach is Serenata De La Playa, a premium 5-bedroom villa that is managed exclusively by Caribbean Villas. Carnival Beach House and Serenata de la Playa make an excellent 2-home combination rental, with a total of 8 bedrooms, 2 large pools and sundecks and hundreds of feet of shore frontage on Klein Bay. It’s an easy walk from one villa to the other because both have concrete stairs to the beach.
- Guest Comments:
- We had a wonderful stay in St John and LOVED our accommodations at Carnival Beach!
- We had a great time and the accommodations at Carnival Beach were outstanding!!
- This trip was booked through Caribbean Villas, which we found through Fodor's and Frommer's. Whenever you book something online, you are never sure if the actual property lives up to the promotional pictures and advertisements. In this case, the Carnival Beach House exceeded all expectations.
The property is about 3 miles from Cruz Bay, and you will need the suggested jeep to comfortably negotiate the steep roads. The reward is a beautiful, secluded getaway. The best pictures you can find online match the typical views from the house.
There are two studio apartments available. With just two of us, we were given the upper apartment (better view), and the lower apartment was unrented during our week. The accommodations are very well appointed and everything you need is in the apartment. The kitchen facilities are limited (one hot plate/burner, microwave, outdoor gas grill, coffee maker, small fridge), so don't plan on cooking elaborate meals. We knew this going in, so it was not a serious limitation. You can't go hungry on St. John!
The bay is beautiful; the beach is rocky, but we spent most of our "water time" at the Beach House floating in the private pool. Exquisite sandy beaches with great snorkeling can be found all over the north shore of St. John, about a 20-30 minute ride.
We were met at the ferry dock at Cruz Bay, guided to our rental jeep and escorted to the property. It was all seamless and very professionally handled. The property caretakers were very attentive to any need we might have, but left us on our own to explore the island and the local environment. We highly recommend this property for a relaxing vacation on a beautiful island.
- Our stay at the Carnival Beach house exceeded our expectations. We were greeted at the ferry dock in Cruz Bay by a very friendly representative of Caribean Villas. She directed us to our rental car and escorted us to the amazing villa. Everything was immaculate and clean. We rented both the guest house and main house. The view was breathtaking from all areas of the property. One of the many highlights of our stay was morning coffee on the terrace listening to the ocean waves to cocktails at night viewing the spectacular display of stars. An extra bonus was seeing the Southern Cross constellation at 5:00am (getting up for a fishing trip that day) The snorkeling and kayaking from the private beach was the best of all of our snorkeling adventures on the island that week. We saw turtles, stingrays, conch shells, squid, eels, and an array of the most colorful fish and coral we had seen. We prepared many meals at the house and the kitchen was fully stocked with any type of utensil one would need to make a gourmet meal. The house itself has great private areas and gathering spaces both inside and out. Not to mention, the house is in a very quiet area of the island but yet has easy access to Cruz Bay. On a side note, the representatives from Caribbean Villa were always friendly and available to help, both before and during our stay. We have been coming to St. John for over 20 years and by far this is the best place we have ever stayed at. We would highly recommend staying at the Carnival Beach House on your next visit to Paradise.