Carnival Beach House is an elegant three-bedroom villa. The home was built in 2006 and consists of a one level main house, plus a two level, two-bedroom guest house located to the right of the main house. The pool is conveniently located off the deck of the main house, and is also just a few steps from the guesthouse. Carnival Beach was designed and built by Glen Speers, who is a prominent St. John designer/builder of classic Caribbean homes, as well as Mongoose Junction. We doubt that you’ll find lovelier stonework anywhere on St. John than what you’ll see in Carnival Beach. The gorgeous stonewalls demonstrate that beautiful artwork not only hangs on a wall, sometimes it is the wall itself. Another outstanding feature of Carnival Beach is the covered lanai (outdoor living room), which is furnished with premium indoor/outdoor furniture and offers a delightful place to relax outdoors while protected from the sun. Although the lanai is covered, there is also a large uncovered deck for sun lovers. In both the main house and the guesthouse, the kitchen and bathroom cabinets, as well as the screen doors, were all made locally from Honduran mahogany. Mahogany trim abounds around the doors, floors, and ceiling, giving this modern-day home a classic feel. The island elegance continues in the exterior design, which includes terra cotta-tiled deck space and light fixtures made by St. John artist Donald Schnell.
The guest house boasts a nouveau two-story design with 2 studio suites. Guests staying in the top unit enter their suite from a landing, while those on the ground floor descend a set of exterior tiled stairs to their private entrance below. Both guest units are a few steps from the pool and the main house.
- Bedrooms: 3
- Beds: 3
- Bed Description: 1 king, 2 queens
- Bathrooms: 3
- Property Location: Klein Bay
- Proximity: Beachfront
- Property Size: n/a
- Year Property Complete: 2006
- Beach: Klein Bay - 50ft
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 20 x 30 x 5 ft deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: prepaid $500
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay is only a 10 minute drive on paved roads.
- Living Dining: The main house great room is spacious and beautifully furnished. There are doors along the front of the main house which open and look out to the breathtaking view of Klein Bay. There is nothing more peaceful and inviting than opening the doors, looking out at the view and letting the serenity of the surf relax you. The interior dining table seats 6 and there are 2 outside tables, each which seat 4; one located to the left of the living area and the other is located just off the entrance to the guest house. The main house living area includes cable TV. Each studio suite has its own comfortable living space as well, and includes cable TV. WiFi internet access is provided so you can keep in touch with envious friends and family from your luxurious beachfront villa!
- Kitchen: The kitchen in the main house is well equipped and includes a side by side refrigerator and freezer, a 4 burner glass topped electric stove, a microwave, dishwasher, blender, toaster, and coffeemaker. Both guest house bedroom suites have their own kitchenette, equipped with built-in hot plate, microwave oven, small refrigerator, coffee maker, blender and toaster. There is also a BBQ for grilling.
- Bedroom Details: The bedroom in the main house is off the left side of the great room (looking at the water) and has a king sized sleigh bed and very handsome matching furniture, including a desk and a breakfast table for two. This bedroom opens to the private deck that also serves as the lanai (outdoor living room) The two bedrooms suites in the guesthouse are similar in size and furnishings. Each is gracefully furnished with a queen bed, couch and breakfast table for two, and each opens to a private deck with ocean views, deck furniture and an exterior table for two. The upper suite also includes a lanai (covered outdoor living room) off the entrance to the bedroom. The guest bedrooms are considered suites because they include a couch and interior table plus a small kitchenette with a sink, small refrigerator, microwave, coffeemaker and toaster. The three attractive bathrooms have similar appointments such as mahogany vanities and tiled countertops and showers. All three bedrooms are air-conditioned and include cable TV.
Carnival Beach House is one of four homes located on the pebble/sand beach in Klein Bay. Klein Bay is a small, well-protected cove that is part of Rendezvous Bay on St. John’s sunny south shore. There are no hotels, condos or B & B’s in Klein Bay; there’s only a few luxury vacation villas. The dead end road that leads down to Carnival Beach ends two houses beyond Carnival, so there is very little vehicular traffic here, which creates an exceptionally peaceful and quiet neighborhood. The only noise you’ll hear with regularity is the sweet sound of surf gently breaking in your front yard, plus the sound of the soft trade winds blowing through the trees. Carnival Beach House is unquestionably a beautiful villa in an exquisite setting. Although Carnival Beach has a villa on either side of the house, lush tropical vegetation and a well-designed landscaping plan creates a setting with very good visual privacy. If you want even more privacy or space, you can rent the house on your left (Serenata De La Playa), which is exclusively offered by Caribbean Villas. Carnival Beach faces south so it is also a sun worshipper’s villa and the pool and decks are bathed in sunshine from 8 am – 5 pm. Carnival also offers discreet clothing-optional privacy for a full body tan. The pebble/sand beach at Klein Bay is more pebbles than sand, although this mixture differs from year to year depending largely on what the fall storms deposit or wash away. The shoreline is protected from heavy surf and strong winds by Ditliff Point, which is a peninsula that curves into the Caribbean and shelters Klein Bay. Almost every day the small surf and crystal clear waters provide good swimming, snorkeling, kayaking and paddle boarding. Kayak and paddleboard rentals are available by the day or week in Cruz Bay, and they’ll usually deliver to your villa. A 5-10 minute swim, snorkel or paddle takes you to an even nicer beach—the white sand beach on Ditliff Point. Cruz Bay is only a 10 minute drive on paved roads, you rarely, if ever, see a tourist in Klein Bay, unless they’re also staying in a nearby vacation villa.
Vehicle Information: A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
After making your villa/condo booking with us, you have 7 days to send us your rental deposit and guest contract. Payment is by check, personal check is fine. Your sending us payment on your villa rental becomes a binding agreement; it constitutes your acceptance and agreement to these terms, conditions, limitations and restrictions as mentioned in our Payment and Cancellation Polices section on this page. If you have any problems or questions with any of this information, please be sure to call us for discussion and explanation before you send us your villa rental deposit monies and contract.
PAYMENTS: Caribbean Villas requires 50% down within 7 days of making your reservation by check only. Failure to make this payment subjects your reservation to automatic cancellation. The balance of your reservation including the tax/service charge and security deposit where applicable; is due 60 days prior to arrival. If traveling during the Christmas/New Years time period, the balance including the tax/service charge is due 120 days prior to arrival. Rates are based on Cash Prices – Payment is by check. To pay with a visa/mastercard there is a 3% service fee. Please make the checks payable to Caribbean Villas and mail them to 89 Mussey Rd., Suite 103, Scarborough, ME 04074.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Once Caribbean Villas has received your deposit all payments are non-refundable/non-changeable. If you cancel/change your reservation, and we are able to rebook your entire set of travel dates, your money will be refunded, less a 20% administration fee of the total room charge. If a replacement rental is not obtained for your entire set of travel dates, there will be no refund. There will be no exceptions to this policy. Caribbean Villas highly recommends trip cancellation insurance.
HURRICANE AND/OR STORM POLICY: There will be no refunds given for acts of God or force majeure, such as hurricanes, tropical storms etc on St John, USVI. This policy applies to current and all future guests who have reservations to travel or are on St John. We highly recommend trip cancellation insurance. If insurance is not purchased and St John is impacted by an act of god or force majeure we will hold your money on account for a future stay. There will be no exceptions to this policy.
TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE: If you do not have a source for cancellation insurance there is a web site with suggestions and reviews –Consumer Advocates – Trip Cancellation Insurance. Please verify all terms and conditions of coverage with the trip cancellation insurance company. It is the guests responsibility to cover themselves in the event they need to cancel or change their vacation plans.
Please note: If we do not have your arrival information 60 days prior to your check-in, there will be a $50 charge applied to your security deposit.
PASSPORT REQUIREMENTS: If you are a U.S. Citizen traveling to the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. John, St. Thomas, St. Croix) you will need Proof of Citizenship; this is a Photo ID and a birth certificate with a raised seal (photo copies are not allowed). *For further information: http://www.travel.state.gov * Please note: If you are traveling to the U.S. Virgin Islands (St. John, St. Thomas, St. Croix) and are planning to do any day trips/day sails to the British Virgin Island or any other Caribbean country you will need a valid U.S. Passport
MAID SERVICE: Our homes/condos do not include maid service. Maid Service may be arranged at an additional cost. Towels, linens, beach towels and paper products are provided for your entire stay. Any additional supplies will need to be purchased by the guest.
HOTEL TAX/SERVICE CHARGE: If traveling to St. John, a 12.5% hotel tax and 5% service charge will be added to your reservation. (When the hotel tax changes all reservations are subject to the tax increase.)
DAMAGE DEPOSITS (Security Deposit): Our Villas and Condos for the island of St. John all require a damage deposit. The deposit is $500-$1500 depending on the property reserved. In most cases this deposit may be applied to a Visa or MasterCard. Our consultants will advise you at the time of booking which policy applies to your rental home. The security deposits are fully refundable within 60 days of your departure, provided there is no breakage, damage, missing items, no charges incurred before, during or after your stay, still outstanding. All normal utilities (except long-distance phone calls or careless or extremely excessive use of your villa’s water supply) are included in your rental price. You hereby agree to pay Caribbean Villas on behalf of the owner of your villa the cleaning or replacement costs for all damages to personal property or to the real estate, which may occur as a result of your occupancy, excluding normal wear and tear. Locked pantries and closets are reserved for the use of the villa owner and are not included in this rental. You as a Guest agree to take all reasonable steps to ensure that your family and other guests in your party adhere to the rules and regulations affecting your villa. All villas are privately owned, so decor, colors and inventories will of course vary. All villas are fully furnished, including an ample supply of bed linens and towels for Guests’ use. Rearranging of furniture or removing any items from the villa is prohibited.
LIABILITY: Caribbean Villas, is acting hereunder as an agent for accommodations, and assumes no liability for property loss or damages, nor liability for injury, accident, delay, or irregularity which may be occasioned either by reason of defect in any vehicle or the acts of any company or persons engaged in conveying passengers to or from their villa. Transportation (airlines, ferries, charter vessels, rental cars and taxis) is supplied by providers who operate independently of Caribbean Villas. We assume no responsibility, therefore, for any loss, injury, or damage to person or property because of the acts of those providers. Furthermore, guests are responsible for their villa during occupancy, and must lock villa windows and doors securely at all times when not on the premises, and must exercise care in securing all personal property. Guests must observe all cautions as given in our blue guest book and/or by your local contact. All Caribbean Villa’s properties are privately owned. The Owner and Caribbean Villas reserve the right to refuse service to anyone at their complete discretion. Any and all disputes will be subject to jurisdiction only in the USVI.
COMPLAINTS AND MAINTENANCE: Caribbean Villas shall make every effort to keep all villas and their inventories in good working order. In case of a maintenance problem, they will strive to repair the problem as soon as possible after being notified. However, no refund or rate adjustment shall be made for unforseen failures such as the supply of electricity, water, pool filtration systems, air conditioning, television/cable service, internet access, appliances, etc. Due to wild fluctuations in our island electrical service and the lack of trained technicians here, we cannot guarantee that hot tubs at villas will operate correctly at all times, and no rebates will be given due to hot tub malfunctions. It is the Guest’s obligation to report any problem or damage IMMEDIATELY to us, regardless of the hour. No refunds will be considered unless problems are reported and reviewed by our staff during your stay on island.
CONSTRUCTION NOISE: Due to the amount of new villa construction on St. John, it is a possibility that construction may occur near your villa rental. Any construction and the possibility of new construction is outside the control of Caribbean Villas.
ENTRY INTO VILLA: Caribbean Villas or its staff may enter your villa to perform any repairs as necessary. If your villa is on the market for sale, we reserve the right to allow the villa to be shown, but only by advance appointment made with Guest. We will make every effort to schedule such brief showings at a time convenient to you, to respect your privacy, and not interrupt your vacation.
SUBSTITUTION: Caribbean Villas reserves the right to substitute comparable or better accommodations without liability, should the villa reserved be sold, out of order, double booked or be deemed substandard by us for any reason. If comparable accommodations are not available, Guest may receive a complete refund of all pro- rated rent and Hotel Tax/Service Charge paid for the original villa.
CAPACITY OF VILLAS: The total number of persons allowed in the villa at any one time is restricted to the number of persons scheduled and paid for (based on two persons per bedroom). Should a group misrepresent themselves, they will not be allowed entry into the villa. Exceptions to this term are made only by management, prior to your arrival dates and for infants under 2 yrs old; if sleeping in a baby crib and not occupying one of the villa’s beds.
QUIET ENJOYMENT AND PARTIES: Caribbean Villas wishes to maintain a family atmosphere for the quiet enjoyment of Guests. We rent to family groups and responsible adults only; absolutely NO house parties or functions such as weddings are allowed at the villas. Guests shall be sufficiently quiet and peaceful, so as not to disturb other residents of the neighborhood.
RATES AND PRINTING ERRORS: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
CHECK IN TIME: St. John – 3:00 p.m. and forward. CHECK-OUT TIME: 10:00 a.m. sharp. PETS: No pets of any kind are allowed in or on the villa premises. A pet or evidence of a pet found on the villa premises will cause immediate eviction and forfeiture of Guest’s entire rent and deposit.
ARRIVALS: For St. John there is one complimentary arrival that brings the arriving guests to the vehicle rental to pick up their reserved vehicle and then escorts the party to their villa. For 8pm -12 midnight arrivals there is a $50 check-in fee. You may schedule additional arrivals as needed for $75 per arrival. Please note: If we do not have your arrival information 60 days prior to your check-in, there will be a $50 charge applied to your security deposit.
CABLE TELEVISION: For St. John, most of the homes have expanded cable, with a few exceptions. Occasionally there is a problem with the cable television service. Caribbean Villas does not have any control over the cable service and repairs are currently taking between 8-14 days to complete.
PHONE SERVICE: ALL LONG DISTANCE PHONE CALLS ARE RESTRICED. We ask all guests to use a calling card to make long distance phone calls.Local calls are free. Occasionally there is a problem with the telephone lines for the villa and condo rentals. Caribbean Villas does not have any control over the telephone company and repairs are currently taking up to 30 days to complete. Rapture and Kalorama only have cell phone service.
CELL PHONE USAGE ALONG THE NORTH SHORE: If you use your cell phone on the north side of the island there is a good chance you will pick up the cell tower on Tortola (British Virgin Islands). If this happens you will be charged for an international call on your cell phone plan. DRUGS AND
HAZARDOUS MATERIALS: Guests and members of his party shall not use or permit to be brought into any villa and illegal substances, inflammable fluids (e.g., gasoline, kerosene, naphtha or benzene), or other explosives or articles deemed hazardous to life, limb or property.
VILLA, SAFE AND GATE KEYS: Caribbean Villas shall charge Guests $175 for each set of lost or mishandled keys; gate remote controls will be charged at replacement cost. Guest is required to follow all instructions precisely on where to leave your villa keys and gate remote controls when you depart–call if you are unsure!
CONSERVING ELECTRICITY: Due to the cost of electricity doubling, the air-conditioning in our villas/condos will not be turned on when you are checked into your property. At check-in, our staff will be happy to show you how to turn the systems on and off, should you decide to use the air-conditioning. We are requesting that you turn the air-conditioning off in all rooms when not at the villa. It does not take long to cool a room down when you return to the villa. We understand this is your vacation and we want it to be enjoyable and relaxing. Anything you are willing to do will be appreciated in conserving your electrical usage.
SMOKING: All Villas are non-smoking. Guests may be fined up to $150 for smoking violations. GARBAGE REMOVAL: Guests are responsible for removal of all trash from their villa. A $75 fee will be applied to guest’s security deposit if rental agent is required to remove trash left behind. There are numerous dumpsters throughout the island for your use.
CABLE/INTERNET/TELEPHONE/ELECTRICITY: In the Virgin Islands these services may be interrupted. If an interruption occurs the rental manager will report the problem but we have no control over service repairs. There will be no rental refunds due to the interruption of these services. Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile
- Rates 2018
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season
April 14, 2018 – Dec. 15, 2018
$2835/wk for 2 people (main house only) * $3185/wk for 3 * $3535/wk for 4 $3885/wk for 5 $4235/wk for 6
- Rates 2019
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- In Season
Jan. 6, 2019 – April 12, 2019
$4830/wk for 2 people (main house only) * $5250/wk for 3 $5670/wk for 4 * $6090/wk for 5 * $6510/wk for 6
- Off Season 2019
April 13, 2019 – Dec. 20, 2019
$2975/wk for 2 people (main house only) * $3325/wk for 3 * $3675/wk for 4 * $4025/wk for 5 * $4375/wk for 6
- Rates 2020
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- In Season 2020
Jan. 5, 2020 – April 10, 2020
$4970/wk for 2 people (main house only) * $5390/wk for 3 * $5810/wk for 4 * $6230/wk for 5 * $6650/wk for 6
- Off Season 2020
April 11, 2020 – Dec. 18, 2020
$3115/wk for 2 people (main house only) * $3465/wk for 3 * $3815/wk for 4 * $4165/wk for 5 * $4515/wk for 6
- Holiday Rates (Flat Rate)
(Nov. 17, 2018 – Nov. 24, 2018)
$4410/wk for 2-6 people
(Dec 22, 2018 – Jan. 5, 2019)
$7812/wk for 2-6 people
(Nov. 23, 2019 – Nov. 30, 2019)
$4410/wk for 2-6 people
(Dec. 21, 2019 – Jan. 4, 2020)
$7980/wk for 2-6 people
- 12.5% Hotel Tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villas Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Although Carnival Beach was built in 2006 the main house has never been rented. The main house and the guesthouse were cared for by a meticulous owner who lived in the main house, and took excellent care of the guesthouse. Both were in like new condition when the house was sold and we became the exclusive rental agent, in the summer of 2016.
We’ve been managing rental villas on St. John since 1990 and during that time we’ve looked at and/or managed hundreds of St. John homes, and we can say with certainty that Carnival Beach ranks in the top 5% of all the villas we’ve viewed or managed. There are four general reasons for our first rate opinion of Carnival Beach:
- The setting: Carnival beach enjoys a fabulous setting, being one of only four homes on the beach at Klein Bay. This location is very peaceful, quiet and private, with the background sounds of gently breaking surf and cooling breezes softly caressing you. Klein Bay is sheltered from big seas and strong winds so it’s an ideal bay for kayaking, paddle boarding, snorkeling or swimming, and you can pull your kayak or paddleboard ashore for the night right in front of your villa. Plus you’re a 10 – 15 minute drive from the superb restaurants and delightful beach bars in Cruz Bay.
- The main house and guesthouse are elegant and comfortable with lots of privacy for 2-6 people. The furnishings and accessories are first-class and the lanai, infinity pool, stone walls and views are premium features. The overall atmosphere is lovely during the day and oh so-o-o romantic in the evening. There’s everything to like about this villa.
- The combination. The villa to the right of Carnival Beach is Serenata De La Playa, a premium 5-bedroom villa that is managed exclusively by Caribbean Villas. Carnival Beach House and Serenata de la Playa make an excellent 2-home combination rental, with a total of 8 bedrooms, 2 large pools and sundecks and hundreds of feet of shore frontage on Klein Bay. It’s an easy walk from one villa to the other because both have concrete stairs to the beach.
- Guest Comments:
- We had a wonderful stay in St John and LOVED our accommodations at Carnival Beach!
- We had a great time and the accommodations at Carnival Beach were outstanding!!
- This trip was booked through Caribbean Villas, which we found through Fodor's and Frommer's. Whenever you book something online, you are never sure if the actual property lives up to the promotional pictures and advertisements. In this case, the Carnival Beach House exceeded all expectations.
The property is about 3 miles from Cruz Bay, and you will need the suggested jeep to comfortably negotiate the steep roads. The reward is a beautiful, secluded getaway. The best pictures you can find online match the typical views from the house.
There are two studio apartments available. With just two of us, we were given the upper apartment (better view), and the lower apartment was unrented during our week. The accommodations are very well appointed and everything you need is in the apartment. The kitchen facilities are limited (one hot plate/burner, microwave, outdoor gas grill, coffee maker, small fridge), so don't plan on cooking elaborate meals. We knew this going in, so it was not a serious limitation. You can't go hungry on St. John!
The bay is beautiful; the beach is rocky, but we spent most of our "water time" at the Beach House floating in the private pool. Exquisite sandy beaches with great snorkeling can be found all over the north shore of St. John, about a 20-30 minute ride.
We were met at the ferry dock at Cruz Bay, guided to our rental jeep and escorted to the property. It was all seamless and very professionally handled. The property caretakers were very attentive to any need we might have, but left us on our own to explore the island and the local environment. We highly recommend this property for a relaxing vacation on a beautiful island.
- Our stay at the Carnival Beach house exceeded our expectations. We were greeted at the ferry dock in Cruz Bay by a very friendly representative of Caribean Villas. She directed us to our rental car and escorted us to the amazing villa. Everything was immaculate and clean. We rented both the guest house and main house. The view was breathtaking from all areas of the property. One of the many highlights of our stay was morning coffee on the terrace listening to the ocean waves to cocktails at night viewing the spectacular display of stars. An extra bonus was seeing the Southern Cross constellation at 5:00am (getting up for a fishing trip that day) The snorkeling and kayaking from the private beach was the best of all of our snorkeling adventures on the island that week. We saw turtles, stingrays, conch shells, squid, eels, and an array of the most colorful fish and coral we had seen. We prepared many meals at the house and the kitchen was fully stocked with any type of utensil one would need to make a gourmet meal. The house itself has great private areas and gathering spaces both inside and out. Not to mention, the house is in a very quiet area of the island but yet has easy access to Cruz Bay. On a side note, the representatives from Caribbean Villa were always friendly and available to help, both before and during our stay. We have been coming to St. John for over 20 years and by far this is the best place we have ever stayed at. We would highly recommend staying at the Carnival Beach House on your next visit to Paradise.