Caribe Villa is a traditional 2-level Caribbean styled home with the pool centrally located between the great house and the two upper level bedrooms, and with everything tied together by a beautiful coral stone deck. The great room contains the living/dining and kitchen areas plus a half bath, all of which are housed in one 950 sq/ft room (the great room) under a towering cathedral ceiling. Screened sliding glass doors open to the views and the 3000 sq/ft deck. A set of exterior stairs leads down to the lower level which contains three more large bedrooms/baths that are connected by an 8 x 50 foot deck.
- Bedrooms: 5
- Beds: 6
- Bed Description: 2 Kings, 2 Queens, 2 Twins convert to King
- Bathrooms: 5.5
- Property Location: Rendezvous Bay
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 5000 plus sq/ft
- Year Property Complete: 2009 (Rebuilt)
- Beach: National Park
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 22' x 10' x 4.5' ft deep
- Hot Tub: Yes
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $1,000 Prepaid
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Distance To Town: Caribe Villa is a 7-10 minute drive from the restaurants and shops of Cruz Bay.
- Living Dining: The spacious living area occupies most of the great room. Screened sliding glass doors let in lots of light and the trade winds keep the room quite comfortable. The centerpiece of the living area is a 42 inch flat screen TV with a satellite dish and there is also a stereo system and CD. You have 3 choices for dining. You can dine in the great room at a table for 8 (10 if you squeeze), or on the deck at a teak table for 8-10, or over by the pool at the teak table for six.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is all new as of January 2009 and includes granite countertops and a refrigerator/freezer, electric stove and oven, dishwasher, microwave, blender, coffeemaker and all necessary cookware and utensils plus dishes and silverware.
- Bedroom Details: The two bedrooms on the upper level are just off the pool and both have queen beds. One of the upper level bedrooms has an exterior shower and a small private sundeck, both with lovely views. The three bedrooms on the lower level are somewhat larger (220 – 280 sq/ft) and two have king beds and the third has twin beds that convert to a king. All five bedrooms have tiled baths and showers, air conditioning, a 26 inch flat screen satellite TV, an iPOd clock radio, and a hairdryer, telephone, ironing board and iron.
Caribe Villa (also referred to as the Peter Max House) is located on Boatmans Point, which is a peninsula that runs along the southwestern side of Rendezvous Bay. The house sits about 170 feet above sea level and has an unobstructed and gorgeous view of the turquoise and blue waters of Rendezvous Bay in the foreground, and Ditliff Point and much of the south coast of St. John in the background. Caribe is located in the middle of a 2 ½ acre lot in a neighborhood with controlled development, so the atmosphere is quiet, private and very peaceful. Your primary view is to the east, looking down the mostly unspoiled south coast of St. John, and there is also a more limited view to the south. The sun floods your deck from sunrise until late afternoon, so don’t forget the sunscreen. Boatman’s Point is located between Hart Bay and Rendezvous Bay, and it’s an easy 7-10 minute drive from the restaurants and shops of Cruz Bay.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$5900/wk for 2 -6 people * $6880/wk 7-8 * $7370/wk 9-10
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$4900/wk for 2-4 people * $5390/wk 5-6 * $5880/wk 7-8 * $6370/wk 9-10
Thanksgiving $8505/wk 2-10
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
(The damage deposit is refunded 30 days after departure as long as no damage occurs during your stay)
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
This is a spacious, attractive island home in a great location, but Caribe Villa also has one very unique feature – its owner. Caribe Villa is owned by Peter Max – one of America’s best known, most prolific and most creative contemporary artists. It is often said of Peter Max that he is to contemporary art what the Beatles were to contemporary music. From postage stamps to presidential paintings, from the Super Bowl to the Grammy Awards, and from college dorms to chic New York galleries, you’ll find Peter Max artwork everywhere. You’ll also find an interesting collection – handpicked by the artist himself – throughout his St. John home. If you’re a Caribe Villa guest, you’ll receive a hand signed print from Peter Max as a thank you for taking good care of the artist’s island home (limited to one per rental party; the print is mailed to your home address from the artists studio in New York).
Even without the celebrity connection, Caribe Villa is a delightful vacation home. Its most desirable qualities include;
- A complete rebuild and remodel of the entire house, finished in January, 2009, which now gives this villa a like new look and feel;
- A peaceful, quiet and private (clothing optional) location with great views of the southern coast of St. John, yet easy access to Cruz Bay and the beaches;
- A flat screen TV, iPod clock radio and air conditioning in every bedroom;
- A large floor plan (5000 plus square feet), with plenty of room for up to 10 people. This home is a good choice for families and couples, and of course, collectors and admirers of Peter Max artwork.