- Caribbean Villas Comments:
This is a spacious, attractive island home in a great location, but Caribe Villa also has one very unique feature – its owner. Caribe Villa is owned by Peter Max – one of America’s best known, most prolific and most creative contemporary artists. It is often said of Peter Max that he is to contemporary art what the Beatles were to contemporary music. From postage stamps to presidential paintings, from the Super Bowl to the Grammy Awards, and from college dorms to chic New York galleries, you’ll find Peter Max artwork everywhere. You’ll also find an interesting collection – handpicked by the artist himself – throughout his St. John home. If you’re a Caribe Villa guest, you’ll receive a hand signed print from Peter Max as a thank you for taking good care of the artist’s island home (limited to one per rental party; the print is mailed to your home address from the artists studio in New York).
Even without the celebrity connection, Caribe Villa is a delightful vacation home. Its most desirable qualities include;
- A complete rebuild and remodel of the entire house, finished in January, 2009, which now gives this villa a like new look and feel;
- A peaceful, quiet and private (clothing optional) location with great views of the southern coast of St. John, yet easy access to Cruz Bay and the beaches;
- A flat screen TV, iPod clock radio and air conditioning in every bedroom;
- A large floor plan (5000 plus square feet), with plenty of room for up to 10 people. This home is a good choice for families and couples, and of course, collectors and admirers of Peter Max artwork.