Bombalassy is a 2-level, modern Caribbean design that is enhanced by many classic design features, such as marble floors and decks, native stone walls, granite countertops, cherry cabinets and vaulted beamed ceilings. You park on the upper level and descend a flight of stairs to the main entrance. The great room, (living room, dining and kitchen) is on the lower level and the bedrooms are on the upper level. Fully screened sliding glass doors open to gorgeous views, soft breezes, the pool and tiled sundeck on the lower level. There is also a half bath as well as an outside shower for salt water rinses. Interior stairs lead up to the upper level with two air conditioned bedrooms, each with a private balcony and romantic views plus a tiled bath with open air shower.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 2
- Bed Description: 1 King, 1 Queen
- Bathrooms: 2.5
- Property Location: Great Cruz Bay (harbor)
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 2000 sq/ft
- Year Property Complete: 2008
- Beach: Beach at Westin Resort
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 14' x 10' x 5' ft deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: Bombalassy is less than a 5-minute drive from the restaurants, shops and markets in the lively and quaint town of Cruz Bay.
- Living Dining: The living area is attractively furnished in an island elegant décor. With a view this good you might not use the 32 inch flat screen cable TV and DVD, but you will need music and Bombalasy comes with an AM/FM stereo and CD with an iPod dock. The stereo also has an SD card slot, plus a USB port, so you can play music directly from your laptop or even an SD card. Of course Bombalassy has WiFi access on the deck and throughout the house, so you can sit by the pool and download and play everyone’s favorite tunes. Inside, there is a glass topped dining table for 4 with a fabulous view. Outside there is an umbrella table for 4 on the tiled dining deck, and a stainless steel gas barbecue grill.
- Kitchen: With cherry cabinets, marble floors, granite countertops and stainless steel appliances this handsome kitchen looks like it was taken from one of our Peter Bay homes. It’s well equipped with a stainless steel 4-burner gas stove and oven, refrigerator/freezer, dishwasher, and microwave with range hood. There is a blender, coffeemaker, and plenty of cookware and dinnerware. A cherry and granite bar with a wine rack and seating for two separates the kitchen from the dining room, and the chef always enjoys a great view. A front loading washer and dryer are off the kitchen.
- Bedroom Details: Both air conditioned bedrooms are on the upper level and are accessed by interior stairs. The master bedroom has a king bed and the guest bedroom has a queen bed, both with Tempur-pedic space memory foam. These bedrooms are quite alluring and romantic, with marble floors, beamed cathedral ceilings, AM/FM radio/alarm clocks with an iPod dock and both offer superb views and a balcony. The bathrooms are also quite appealing with marble floors, cherry and granite vanities, and sexy open air stone showers with a harbor view.
Bombalassy and it’s neighbor, Pink Conch (together called the Caribbean Sea Shell Villas), are located in a lovely setting overlooking the turquoise waters of Great Cruz Bay, across the harbor from the popular villas Gull Cottage and Splash. On the Bombalassy side of the harbor, most of the very valuable shorefront property is still not developed. Except for Pink Conch, Bombalassy has no abutting neighbors, and it remains peaceful and private. Bombalassy is about 100 feet above sea level and it faces south – southeast with very beautiful harbor views, all day sun, and breezes that are softened by the hills across the harbor. Your view swings from the Westin Resort and the hills of St. John in the east, past St Croix on the far horizon, and on to the harbor and the Caribbean Sea in the south. Despite this tucked away location, you’re less than a 5-minute drive from the restaurants, shops and markets in the lively and quaint town of Cruz Bay.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$3710/wk for 2 people * $3955/wk 3 * $4200/wk 4
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 16, 2017 – Dec 15, 2017
$3050/wk 2 * $3295/wk 3 * $3540/wk 4
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
Bombalassy and Pink Conch are the only homes that we offer on the south facing side of Great Cruz Bay. This is the type of prized location where you would expect to see a 12,000 sq/ft mega home instead of an intimate luxury home like Bombalassy.
A summary of Bombalassy’s Best Features includes;
Marble floors and decks, stone walls, cherry cabinets, granite countertops, a/c, tasteful décor, knockout views – this is a 2000 sq/ft slice of Peter Bay, on Great Cruz Bay,
with Wifi access throughout, you’re wired for laptops, and totally iPod friendly,
Bring some friends or family and rent Pink Conch. Bombalassy and Pink Conch are one of our best two home combinations,
Don’t bring the friends and family. Bombalassy is romantic and elegantly cozy; it’s perfect for honeymooners and lovers,
Our very knowledgeable sales staff raves about Bombalassy – it’s our top recommendation for a 2-bedroom villa in the Cruz Bay area.
- Guest Comments:
- We had an awesome time! We loved the villa and all the amenities!!
- Thank you! We had a lovely time at Bombalassy and would definitely stay there again!
We are thrilled with our vacation! it could not have been better! Bombalassy is gorgeous! What a perfect vacation spot. Not only is the house beautiful with picturesque views, it has everything you need and it is spotless!! The attention to details in the house was fabulous and made our stay a dream vacation!
- We had a wonderful vacation! Bombalassy is truly spectacular!! It was just perfect for us!