Bayview is an attractive traditional design with two buildings connected by decks and patios. You park on the upper level and enter the main house, which contains the living/dining rooms and the kitchen, while the 2-level building beside the main house contains a bedroom and tiled bath on both levels. A totally private garden patio with north shore views runs along the north side of the main house. The pool and sun deck, located on the lower level, are also very private and have a southern exposure to insure all day sun. The third deck/patio is a covered deck on the upper level of the main house, with striking views of Coral Bay and the BVI’s.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 3
- Bed Description: 1 King, 2 Twins- convert to King
- Bathrooms: 2
- Property Location: Coral Bay (northern hillside)
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 2800 sq/ft
- Year Property Complete: N/A
- Beach: 5 min drive to Maho Beach
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 18' x 12' (4.5-8ft deep)
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: No A/C
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: Cruz Bay (town): 6 miles; Coral Bay: 2 miles; Restaurant: 1 mile; National Park beaches: 1-2 miles; Grocery store: 2 miles.
- Living Dining: Twelve doors and windows create a bright, well ventilated and open interior with stunning 280 degree views from inside or outside the house. The tiled living room with its cathedral ceiling is furnished with wicker and rattan furniture, Caribbean flavored artwork and other accessories. For your listening/viewing pleasure there is a 32” flat screen TV with DVD, a stereo/CD, a large collection of DVDs and CDs, plus high speed wireless from a satellite dish. A washer and dryer are located in the laundry room. You may dine inside at the countertop bar-table, or outside on the Coral Bay deck or on the very private and romantic garden patio.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is well equipped, including a microwave oven, electric stove and oven, toaster, coffee maker, blender, pots and pans, and assorted kitchenware. A gas BBQ grill, telephone and beach chairs are also included.
- Bedroom Details: The tiled master bedroom (king bed) is located on the upper level, with wonderful down island views. Large screened windows, ceiling fans and the trade winds insure restful sleep in a comfortable environment. The tiled second bedroom is located at pool level and contains 2 twin beds that convert into a king (shown in photo). Both bathrooms are fully tiled with showers.
This very private home is located 1000 feet above the Caribbean on a scenic mountaintop (Coral Bay – northern hillside) overlooking both Coral Bay and the North shore of St. John. To the east lie the magnificent views of Coral Bay, the east end of St. John and the British Virgin Islands, while Bordeaux Mountain dominates the expansive view to the south. To the north and west, there are picturesque views of Jost Van Dyke, Francis Bay and the north shore of St John. If you can force yourself to leave this stunning setting, the calm turquoise waters and gorgeous white sands of Maho and Francis Bay beaches (part of the National Park) are an easy 4-7 minute drive, Cruz Bay is a 15-minute drive and the restaurants and bars of Coral Bay are a 5 – 10 minute drive.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- In Season Prices
Dec. 17, 2016 – April 14, 2017
$3425/wk for 2 people (1 bdrm) * $3810/wk 3 * $4195/wk for 4
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$1855/wk for 2 people (1 bdrm) * $2030/wk for 3 * $2205/wk for 4
Thanksgiving – Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
There are only a handful of villas on the top of the mountain ridge that separates the south and north shores of St John, and Bayview is one of the lucky ones, as is its neighbor, Orion’s Hill. On one side of Bayview you have beautiful views of Coral Bay and sunrises over the BVI’s, while on the other side of the villa you enjoy stunning views of Francis Bay and the fabulous north shore of St. John.
In addition to panoramic views, Bayview is blessed with all day sun and clothing optional privacy, so bring your sunscreen. If you need a break from the sun, the upper deck off the main house is covered. Although Bayview is hidden away on the very edge of the National Park, it’s only 4 - 7 minutes from the lovely National Park beaches of Maho and Leinster Bays and 5-10 minutes into Coral Bay.
The combination of soft jazz on the poolside speakers, warm sun, soft breezes, rum punch and no tan lines privacy create an ultra romantic atmosphere that honeymooners and other lovers will find irresistible, while Bayview's spacious floor plan (3,400 sq. ft. with decks), and its competitive price make it a good value for families.
The owners of Bayview spend 2-3 months a year in their island home and they lavish their house with TLC. Even though Bayview is more than 20 years old, it’s frequently updated and very well maintained. We have rented Bayview since 1992 and this house has consistently earned strong reviews from our guests. Many guests have fallen in love with (and in) this villa and we bet you will too. If Bayview is unavailable, take a look at its 2-bedroom neighbor, Aria.
- Guest Comments:
- Bayview is comfortable and the views are spectacular! We ate breakfast on the covered porch overlooking Coral Bay and then enjoyed wine and cheese and sunset on the patio looking toward Jost Van Dyke and Tortolla. The kitchen is well supplied and the bedrooms are cozy. The pool is best enjoyed in the morning or early afternoon when it is in full sun. Wild life is abundant and the bananaquits charming! Our greeter, Judy, did a wonderful job of getting us acquainted with St. John!
- Thank you for a wonderful villa, we really enjoyed the beutiful views from Bayview. The Villa was well equipped and nicely taken care of. We felt right at home ( minus the snow and cold!) We will definatly consider staying there again next visit. Thank you.
- Bayview could not have been a more perfect getaway for us. Loved it!!
- Thank you! Everything was so wonderful! We loved St John and we loved Bayview - it was even nicer than it looked online! Our vacation was perfect!
- We had a wonderful stay at Bayview! The house was comfortable, well equipped and the views were beyond fantastic! We would definitely stay there again for the location and ease of access to the beaches, Coral Bay and an easy drive to Cruz Bay!