Bay House was completed in 2003 and is similar in design to the popular villa One Particular Harbor, with both homes having been built by the same designer/builder. From the parking area of this 2-level home you ascend stone stairs to the upper level, which houses the kitchen, dining and living rooms and half bath. Three screened sliding glass doors in the great room open to dazzling harbor views and a 420 sq. ft. wraparound covered deck. Interior stairs take you down to the two equal sized, air-conditioned bedrooms and the bedroom deck on the lower level. Every area of the great room has an enticing water view, and every bedroom looks out at Coral Bay. The 20 x 10 foot pool and the sun deck are located at mid level on the southeast side of the house and enjoy sun from morning to mid afternoon, plus lovely harbor views and cooling breezes.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 3
- Bed Description: 1 King, 2 Twins (convert to king)
- Bathrooms: 2.5
- Property Location: Coral Bay (western hillside)
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: N/A
- Year Property Complete: 2003
- Beach: A 10-15 min. drive
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 20 x 10 x 5 ft deep
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: To Coral Bay beaches, Salt Pond Bay & Lameshur Bay is a 10 minute drive; Cruz Bay is 20-30 minutes on all paved roads; 2-6 minute walk to a few restaurants, shops and the grocery store.
- Living Dining: The living room is furnished with comfortable furniture for four and is equipped with a cable TV/VCR/DVD and a stereo system with a CD player. Screened sliding glass doors provide picturesque views from anywhere on the top floor and ceiling fans and the trade winds keep the interior cool. Bay House offers a choice of interior or exterior dining. The inside dining table seats 4, while both upper and lower decks offer dining for 4 with scenic harbor views. There is a gas grill, cooler and beach chairs available for guests.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is well-equipped with a stainless steel four-burner gas stove and oven, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, coffee maker, toaster, blender, cookware, dinnerware and a telephone. A washer/dryer, iron and ironing board, are also included.
- Bedroom Details: The bedrooms are equal in size, one with a king bed and the other with 2 twin beds that convert to a king. Both bedrooms are air-conditioned and have tiled baths with showers. Each bedroom has screened sliding glass doors that open on to the lower deck offering cooling trade winds and harbor views.
To get to the Bay House you drive from Cruz Bay to Coral Bay (Coral Bay – Western hillside), and turn onto the scenic harbor road that runs along the west side of Coral Bay. Just after you pass the Aqua Bistro restaurant you make a short climb up the hill that overlooks Coral Bay Harbor and you’re home. Bay House is set in a peaceful and convenient spot with classic St John views – sailboats floating on a coral sea bordered by lush green hills. The view sweeps more than 180 degrees, from the northern hills surrounding Coral Bay, over Coral Bay Harbor to the East End of St. John and then southeast out to the Caribbean and the British Virgin Islands.
Coral Bay is St. John’s “other” community. It is a colorful, laid back and friendly small town. The name Coral Bay also refers to the neighborhood that surrounds St. John’s largest bay (Coral Bay). The delightful National Park beaches at Salt Pond Bay and Lameshur Bay are a 10 minute drive, and it’s a very scenic 20-30 minute drive over Bordeaux Mountain into Cruz Bay, all on paved roads. For restaurants and bars in the Coral Bay area, you can walk to the Aqua Bisto or Island Blues Restaurants and Caribbean inspired shops, or drive 2-10 minutes to 6 other restaurants and a couple of small grocery stores.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.