Aqua Gem is a 2 level, 2-bedroom villa where both air conditioned bedrooms, a 20 X 12 foot pool and a 700 square foot deck are on the lower level, while the living /dining/kitchen areas, a half bath, and a wrap-around deck are on the upper level. You park on the upper level and interior (spiral staircase) and exterior stirs lead to the bedrooms on the lower level.
- Bedrooms: 2
- Beds: 2
- Bed Description: 2 Kings
- Bathrooms: 2.5
- Property Location: Great Cruz Bay (hillside)
- Proximity: Ocean View
- Property Size: 1400+ sq.ft.
- Year Property Complete: 1999
- Beach: 2 minute drive to Westin
- Pool: Yes
- Pool Dimensions: 20 X 12
- Hot Tub: No
- Air Conditioning: Yes, bedrooms only
- Children: Welcome (spiral staircase)
- Wifi: Yes
- Housekeeping: No
- Ipod Connectivity: Yes
- Damage Deposit: $500
- Distance To Town: Aqua Gem is less than a 5 minute drive to the restaurants, beach bars, groceries and shopping in the delightful town of Cruz Bay. It is also less than a 5 minute walk to the restaurant, spa, beach and taxi stand at the Westin Resort.
- Living Dining: Three sets of fully screened French doors open onto the upper deck that wraps around the south and west sides of the living areas. The fully tiled interior living areas are cooled by ceiling fans and ocean breezes and are furnished with a rattan and wicker couch, loveseat and chair, and Caribbean artwork and accessories. A 32in. flat screen TV/DVD, a stereo/cassette/CD and iPod dock, plus wireless internet and telephone are included. You may dine inside or on the upper deck at the wicker and glass table seating 4-6, or on the pool deck at the table seating 4.
- Kitchen: The kitchen is well equipped with a 4 burner gas stove and oven on an island bar/counter, a refrigerator, microwave, toaster oven, toaster, blender, and a gas grill on the deck.
- Bedroom Details: The 2 lower-level bedrooms (accessed by a spiral staircase or exterior stairs) are cooled by ceiling fans, the tradewinds and an efficient split level air conditioning. Both master bedrooms are equally sized with king beds, tiled floors, a chest of drawers, lamp and end tables and a fully tiled bath and shower. Imagine sleeping late and rolling out of bed and into your pool, located a few feet from both bedrooms and accessed through screened sliding glass doors.
Aqua Gem was completed in 1999, and like its nearly identical next door neighbor, Ocean Pearl, it is located just above the Westin Resort, overlooking the turquoise waters of Great Cruz Bay. The house faces south-southwest and gets poolside sun all day. The picturesque view includes the islands of Little and Great St James and the south end of St. Thomas, plus the sparkling waters of Great Cruz Bay and the Caribbean, as well as views of fiery sunsets and distant island lights at night.
This is a very convenient location that is less than a five minute drive to the restaurants, beach bars, groceries and shopping in the delightful town of Cruz Bay. You are also only a 5-minute walk to the restaurants, spa, beach and taxi stand at the Westin Resort, so this is one of the few villas we offer where you could get by without a jeep, but we still recommend that you rent a jeep.
Vehicle Information A 4 Wheel Drive vehicle is needed for travel on St John
Rates, Printing Errors, Changes and Omissions: Caribbean Villas is not responsible for printing errors and inadvertent omissions. All rates and villa details are subject to change without prior notice.
PHONE SERVICE/CELL PHONES: Local phone service is interrupted regularly and in spite of our efforts to reinstate service it can some times take weeks. AT&T is the only cell service we find operates efficiently on the island. If you do not have AT&T we strongly suggest you bring a pay as you go AT&T cell phone with you as we do not provide cell phones should the local phone service be interrupted.
Internet Service: The internet service is subject to frequent interruption. We cannot guarantee internet quality or speed. Renters might find it convenient to travel with a cellular carrier MiFi – a couple of examples are AT&T and Virgin Mobile. There will be no refunds due to the internet not working.
Pool Floats: Pool floats are not guaranteed with your villa rental. If you want access to them, please bring them with you.
- Save 10%
- Sept. 2 - Oct. 7, 2017
- In Season Prices
Dec. 16, 2017 – April 13, 2018
$2610/wk for 2-4 people
Christmas/New Years (Dec 16 to Jan 6)
$3132/wk for 2-4 people
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Off Season Pricing
April 15, 2017 – Dec. 15, 2017
$1610/wk for 2 people * $1785/wk for 3 * $1960/wk for 4
Thanksgiving – Off Season Rates Apply
Rates are based on 2 people per bedroom
- Hotel Tax/Service Charge
12.5% Hotel tax/5% Service Charge
- Damage Deposit
Caribbean Villa Comments
- Caribbean Villas Comments:
This appealing villa was added to our rental program in 1999 for all the right reasons:
Aqua Gem enjoys a good location in a desirable hillside setting right next door to the Virgin Grand condos. This location is a short walk to the Westin, 5-minute drive to the restaurants and shops of Cruz Bay and an 8-10 minute drive to beautiful North Shore National Park beaches.
Second, Aqua Gem was designed to be a affordable rental home but it has many of the features of our more expensive villas, such as sunset views, a delightful pool and sundeck, air conditioning, wireless internet, a 32in. flat screen TV, decks on both levels, colorful and fragrant tropical landscaping, an attractive décor, and a very attractive price.
The child safe railings on both decks make this a good choice for families with small children and the equal master bedrooms are perfect for 2 couples. If you are looking to rent 2 villas in combination, Ocean Pearl and its neighbor, Ocean Pearl, are a perfect pair of Caribbean twins that are connected by a footpath.
- Guest Comments:
- We had a lovely time! The home was very good for us. It was conveniently located to the beaches and points of interest that we had!!
- The design and layout of Aqua Gem are fantastic and we loved the home!!
- Our stay was lovely! Aqua Gem was comfortable and an excellent value for a family! We had a fabulous week on St John and hope to return next spring!
- We loved Aqua Gem and Caribbean Villas! Having Luciah meet us at the dock and give us a little personal commentary through town was such a treat!
- Thank you and what a nice experience from Greg at the car barge to the girls in the office that took care of my need for a hairdryer!! Aqua Gem was nicely provisioned with the paper goods and soap etc so we only had to figure out where to swim and what to eat!!!!! Thanks, would love to go back!
- We had a wonderful stay at Aqua Gem. I have visited St. John eight times (twice this year), and this was the easiest check in/out process I have ever experienced. And renting the jeep from your company was much easier as well. We will definitely be renting from you again!